In short caster buff>search area>apply behavior>buff>apply/remove behavior. You only need one search for applying the buff to the target.
Member for 8 years, 1 month, and 28 days
Last active Thu, Feb, 14 2019 16:32:04
- 2 Followers
- 12,540 Total Posts
- 251 Thanks
May 5, 2018DrSuperEvil posted a message on (SOLVED)Need hero to grow stronger the more units around itPosted in: Data
Apr 10, 2018Posted in: Triggers
Then use the Ability/Create Unit effect to use a dummy damage effect that the triggers recognise.
Apr 9, 2018Posted in: Triggers
1. You probably want to have a custom action definition for setting up the boss bar properly and use Catalog Field Value Get functions to get the info for your hero unit or use the Set Boss Bar Boss action. Have your trigger spawning the unit show the boss bar and then use the Last Created Unit function to link your unit to the boss bar and set it to a variable for later use. You can then have a unit dies event that uses the unit stored in the variable for a condition to hide the boss bar again.
2. Probably would involve modifying the Chat Panel UI Layout or something like that. Not sure on that one.
3. You are on the right track except you should look towards UI Layouts. I would advise looking at the CU_CustomMutatorStartGame trigger of the allied commanders mod and the associated CountdownContainer frame of the Coop_CustomMutatorSelection layout.
4. Anchor controller animations of the UI Layout are the only way to efficiently do that or alternatively you could do like my dialog test demo map (https://www.sc2mapster.com/projects/the-assets-of-evil/files/2497484) and use multiple move actions periodically.
Apr 5, 2018Posted in: Triggers
1. That frame is unrelated to the buttons and only affects the background model for the command panel.
2. Adjust the anchors. In the current setup the portrait is anchored to all sides of the parent frame (which is anchored to the top of the screen) so takes the size of that minus any offsets. If you only anchor from two perpendicular sides you can set the size using the <Width val="0"/> and <Height val="0"/> properties. To move the actors inside the portrait you need to use the SOp (Local offset) site operation under the Actors data type.
3. It is an Anchor type animation called Move used by the UI Layout. When it gets the Move string signal from the Dialog Item Send Animation Event trigger action it uses the Anchor controller to move the parent frame (Mainframe). The time is at what point of the animation it does things and over what time period and the value is how far it is offset by.
4. The command panel at the top of the screen is just like the one in the lower right of the UI except some of the buttons have been moved and there are some animated image frames to act as filler if there is not an ability on the unit group linked to it by the triggers.
5. The console panels are actually models and resist chance. The answer Talv gave is the only current way to change the models since console skins require trigger actions that are blizzard only. This method will require you to change the race of the faction to change the cursor/console models. Also the UI Layout with the console panel models is the Console Panel layout.
Mar 25, 2018DrSuperEvil posted a message on A number of questions about complicated issues that I need some help with. [Project Critical/FinalTouches]Posted in: Data
Use the (None): Require Caster Unit - Value field.
2. Get the Create Unit effects to use a Launch Missile effect to launch the spawned unit to a point designated by a Create Persistent effect which uses the create. You can then specify launch an impact sites using the Action type actor for the Launch Missile effect.
3. You are lucky. I usually have the opposite problem. The Model Materials flag of the Properties: Inherited Properties field is what you want.
Mar 23, 2018DrSuperEvil posted a message on A number of questions about complicated issues that I need some help with. [Project Critical/FinalTouches]Posted in: Data
Check the liberator with regards to the Unit Compare Behavior Count validator used.
Mar 22, 2018DrSuperEvil posted a message on A number of questions about complicated issues that I need some help with. [Project Critical/FinalTouches]Posted in: Data
1. Under the Combat: Death Actor Model field of the Unit type actor for the unit you need to use a custom Model type actor get it to create your attachment death model Model type actors.
2. Use a custom Model type actor in the Art: Placement Model field.
3. Sounds like a job for caster history. You technically do not need a search if the buff is applied by the previous segment during unit creation.
Mar 18, 2018Posted in: Data
Apply force just moved the affected unit towards or away from a point in 2D based on the force and the mass of the unit (physics engine). The Launch Missile effect can specify the mover used using the Movement: Movers - Link field.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.