That is odd because the Select/Deselect Unit Group either adds to the selected units or removes them depending on the setting. Sure you do not have something set to Deselect that is also being used?
Member for 7 years, 2 months, and 6 days
Last active Sun, Feb, 25 2018 13:53:39
- 1 Follower
- 12,090 Total Posts
- 212 Thanks
Feb 25, 2018DrSuperEvil posted a message on Adding unit to unit group causes units to be selected fixPosted in: Triggers
Feb 16, 2018DrSuperEvil posted a message on [SOLVED] Raynor's breaching charge used on stuff besides doorsPosted in: Data
Just so you know to get the SOp window working you must have Combine Structure Values (Ctrl + Shift + N) view enabled.
Feb 16, 2018DrSuperEvil posted a message on A number of questions about complicated issues that I need some help with. [Project Critical/FinalTouches]Posted in: Data
4. Stops the unit being able to be used as a drop off for resources.
1. Use the Ability: Set ID field so that the abilities share a common link
2. Get the Effect: Effect - Initial field of the behaviour to use a Modify Unit effect to add the charges.
3. Get the explosion Search Area effect to use a Set effect that applies a Buff behaviour with a damage response on defender if fatal that uses a Modify Player effect on the caster while the second effect in the set is the Damage effect. You can set the damage response Combat: Damage Response - Require Effect Array field so that only the damage effect of the ability triggers the damage response.
4. Use a buff on the attacker with a damage response on attacker that applies a buff to the target unit with a damage response on defender when fatal that applies a third +max life buff stack to the caster.
Feb 15, 2018DrSuperEvil posted a message on A number of questions about complicated issues that I need some help with. [Project Critical/FinalTouches]Posted in: Data
1.2. What about the aliases?
3. You cannot modify the type of dropoff using behaviours. The Modify Player effect cannot modify that field so you will need to resort to a morph based solution.
4. Behaviours can supress it but that is a boolean on or off.
Feb 13, 2018DrSuperEvil posted a message on A number of questions about complicated issues that I need some help with. [Project Critical/FinalTouches]Posted in: Data
1.1. Check your unit select and unit subgroup aliases under the Units data type.
1.2. What is the Unit Subgroup Priority set to? Is the Worker flag enabled?
2. Have a Buff behaviour that pushes units apart using an Apply Force effect?
Feb 8, 2018DrSuperEvil posted a message on A number of questions about Trigger related issuesPosted in: Triggers
You hookup the UI then you can change the texture used for the Image UI element for specific players.
You should be able to edit the XML directly in the UI editor. Otherwise save the map as a SC2Component folder and use Notepad++ or something similar.
2. If you Right click the list of layouts you should just be able to select Add layout and name it. The rest can be done using Notepad++.
3. You can show/hide specific dialogs for specific players. The console UI will be tricky but with the resource panel you just hook it up and then you can use the Set Dialog Item Image trigger action for specific players. The console panel models are automatically set based on the import file path https://sc2mapster.gamepedia.com/UI/Referencing gives some clues as to how to do it. You can also create a .txt file called Assets under the GameData folder of a SC2Component folder and use that to reroute textures for different races (eg. UI/ConsoleModelCommandPanel_Terr=Assets\UI\Console\Terran\ConsoleTerran\ConsoleTerran_02.m3). You can then link specific UIs to dummy races and set them based on the selected faction. Whole screen cutscenes could also work.
4.1. seems the default image is not being removed which indicates the individual buttons are not being hooked up correctly.
4.2. The buttons shown in the command panel are set based on the command card of the caster unit added to the group. The number and positioning is determined by the UI layout.
4.3. Again set by the anchors of the UI layout.
4.4. They did show up as can be seen by the hotkey letters just the image is not being shown. Again this indicates the hide animation for the EmptyImages of the UI layout are not working correctly. The lower Stukov buttons are showing because they are using unmodified command panel buttons.
Feb 7, 2018DrSuperEvil posted a message on A number of questions about Trigger related issuesPosted in: Triggers
You need to modify the ResourcePanel frame used by the GameUI layout like done for the inventory ability in the tutorial on the wiki (https://sc2mapster.gamepedia.com/Tutorials/Fixing_inventory_buttons) and then hookup the Image frames under the ResourcePanel layout ResourceFrame frame that is part of the GameUI layout.
My brother made a demo map: https://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/development/data/158163-how-to-change-resource-icon#7
Feb 6, 2018Posted in: Data
So you are using a Revive type ability and are using it via an Issue Order effect based on the findings of your search?
Otherwise set the Effect: Type Fallback Unit - Value field of your Create Unit effect to the target. Remember to remove the corpses using a Damage type effect afterwards.
Feb 3, 2018Posted in: Data
Worst case you could use XML for the morph directly.
Impossible the campaign function to launch other maps is single player only. The only work arounds are scaling stuff very small and having a large map with segments representing the different fields of play limited by the map bounds set by triggers like the bonus WOL mission or doing like Delphinium did and using triggers to completely rescuplt the terrain based on stored variables.
Feb 1, 2018Posted in: Data
You mean have an Effect - Target ability that uses a placement footprint (Place Unit field) that orders the unit to the target point and then uses a Buff behaviour to use an Issue Order effect for the other ability when the Location Range validator returns true. There is also the Placement Location type of validator.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.