I am curious to see who else here is an old school member. I've seen one person from 2006.
- Registered User
Member for 12 years, 5 months, and 12 days
Last active Tue, Oct, 14 2014 21:35:18
- 0 Followers
- 275 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Sep 19, 2012Posted in: Off-Topic
Quote from Gradius12: Go
That's what I did this weekend, and yes, it was a true nostalgia trip. Overall very well done IMHO. This was better than most games I played, and it was free. My kudos to the devs. I eagerly await Xen.
Total Nostalgia trip. The small hints here and there are priceless. I think this has a better production value than all of hl2 combined..
Damned hard to play at hard...
Sep 18, 2012Posted in: Project Workplace
What is Weather?
Weather is a .Sc2mod file containing a library which gives the user the capability to create weather systems in their maps.
This mod will be featured in Warcraft: A new Dawn. It was created for this mod in particular but was released as a stand-alone for the community.
Ie.: Say you have an RPG which is situated in a forest. Wouldn't it be nice if it rained once in a while?
"Weather" has been uploaded to B.net. Add through B.net to stay up-to-date constantly.
Weather comes equipped with four different "Weather Types". Forest (Rainy), Desert (Windy dust), Snow, Heat Wave(Sun/winds). Each can be set at different intensities (Light, Medium, Heavy).
- Beta 3 Addition:
- Multiple Storms (12 Storms Maximum. Storm ID from 0 to 11)
- The ability to stop a specific storm.
- Storms are no longuer bound to the whole map. The user has the ability to choose a specific region.
- Added SFX
"Weather" currently uses "+Weather" action definition to start a chain reaction that creates a storm for an approximate X number of time and a Clear Skies for an approximate X number of time. Note that the storm & clear skies period will last longer than the bounds you set it too. The purpose was to give each storm a receding feeling. Also it reduces the stress on the engine.
+Weather( "Weather Type", "Weather Intensity","Storm ID", "Storm min duration", "Storm max duration", "Clear skies min duration", "Clear skies max duration")
- "Weather Type" : Click on the parameter on the action and select the "Preset" button.
- "Weather Intensity" : Same as "Weather Type"
- "Storm ID" : Each storm must have a differant storm id. Otherwise your storms will stack in the record and probably create errors.
- "Storm min&max duration" : I recommend not setting the max duration for more than 120 seconds. Also do not set the min duration higher than the max.
- "Clear skies min&max duration" : Same as "Storm" settings.
I recommend a minimum of 5 seconds between each storm creation.
+Weather Stop( "Storm Id")
- This value is used to recall which storm is where within the record.
If you Run this mod at it's maximum capacity. You are creating (75 Doodads actors + 15 Sound actors) x 12 storms = 1080 total actors on the map ) Use wisely.
What's left to do on this? Is it at it's final version?
No. I want to give the user the capability to choose between random intensity storms and constant intensity.
Please give Credit if you use this mod.
Stress Test Beta 3
Early Beta 3
- Beta 3.1 Heat Wave Hot Fix
- Adjusted the timing of the "SFX actors" removal. The sounds should disapear roughly at the same time as the storm everytime now.
- Beta 3
- Added +Weather Stop(Storm ID) Call this function to stop a storm completely. It will finish the current storm and stop.
- Added Multiple storm capabilities.
- Added SFX
- Heat Wave Changed the "Sun Ray" max count to 50. No Wind will be created on Light/Medium. Removed SFX from Light/Medium Settings
- Snow Changed the "Snow Emitter" to spawn completely in light and into medium. Reduced the amount of "Winter Winds" actors.
- Beta 2
- Changed the rain of the "Snow Weather Type" from "Rain Emitter Large" to "Rain Sprinkler".
- Reworked the "Blizzard". Added 50% Transparency to the actor.
- Changed the model used to achieve the "Blizzard" effect from "Dust Storm" to "Wind Emitter Medium"
- Created separate version of the mod for very large maps. Beta 2 has a maximum of 75 actors and Beta 2.256 has a maximum of 225.
- Beta 1
- First Version to be released. Was optimized from alpha.
No Known Bugs at this time!
Sep 18, 2012DarlD posted a message on How to call a player that clicked a mouse button or pressed a keyboard key?Posted in: Triggers
Triggering players should work. Did you add a "Parameter" of type "Integer" that would filter that information into your "Action Definition"
Sep 16, 2012Posted in: General Chat
Never had any of the errors stated above. Got the Hots invite. installed. Opened the editor straight up without signing in or logging into the game and worked fine. :(. Really weird that you guys got these errors.
Sep 16, 2012DarlD posted a message on Do you consider yourself part of an organized religion?Posted in: Off-Topic
This thread needs to be closed. This kind of topic starts bad shit.
Sep 6, 2012Posted in: Triggers
Could you clarify? You are having trouble spawning the units. You mean they won't unload? At first glance it looks like your nydus worms are not in any unit groups. Perhaps you could add them then give the order to unload.
Aug 28, 2012DarlD posted a message on Do you consider yourself part of an organized religion?Posted in: Off-Topic
Atheist and strong believer in the ancient alien theory. Look it up on Youtube. It's just a theory but it makes a whole lot more sense. Just think. lol...
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.