You should ask Gnareffotsirk, he does some pretty good reconstructions/remakes of old Protoss stuff.
- Curse Premium
Member for 8 years, 9 months, and 3 days
Last active Sun, Mar, 17 2019 19:31:19
- 1 Follower
- 617 Total Posts
- 11 Thanks
Jan 12, 2017Posted in: Artist Tavern
Tagal remind me of the Covenant from Halo, notably the Elites/Sangheili. I am absolutely loving your work :)
EDIT: Ok, so that was the point. I was hoping for a Banished faction in SC2, but looks like you're not a fan of the Brutes. Oh, well :P
Jan 10, 2017Posted in: Project Workplace
I would add a few more units, like Infested Liberators, Infested BCs, Infested Bunkers, Abominations and Volatile Infested. Perhaps even the Apocalisk.
Right now, their unit roster seems pretty small compared to the other races...
Jan 9, 2017Posted in: Map Feedback
I've discovered the cause of the hellbat/liberator bug, and I'm rolling out a fix now. As it turns out, extension mods are actually useless. Whatever changes you make, blizzard overwrites with the multiplayer data of the map your mod is created on. So if you for example delete a LotV unit, and then load the mod onto a LotV map, the unit returns, thus defeating the purpose of an extension mod altogether.Which essentially ruins modding, as you told me. But, I'm confused...If it's pointless, how'd you fix it?
Jan 7, 2017Posted in: Artist Tavern
Thanks Veratai! Happy new year to you too.
I'll explain my absence these days later. It's a long and dark story...Which every sc2 modder should be careful.
I am just facing a war against sc2 map thieves, and they are my compatriots. They even steal my mods that already open sourced, and pretend to be the real authors...
Shame of them. Tomorrow I'll explain details. Every of my plans for the community has been ruined...Alleyviper and now you. That really sucks, feelsbadman. :/
Jan 6, 2017Posted in: Map Feedback
We can try in a few hours, after I come back from work, maybe.
Jan 6, 2017Posted in: Map Feedback
1. The liberator and hellbat bug isn't of my doing, those models don't exist within the scope of the mod. There's something weird that happens with cached models when moving between game types that I haven't figured out yet. My best guess is that the engine is cacheing those models from ladder or another map and randomly adding them in on mine somehow.
2. I removed adepts and tempests, and dark archons are made from fusing two dark Templar.
3. I'm glad you like the new protoss too. Thanks for the feedback!
4. What is it about reavers that makes them remind you of disruptors?1. It's not just the models (IE a Valkyrie with a Liberator model), it's the actual unit that's spawning. Enemy AI can also build them, as well as Adepts and Tempests. I've seen the AI build Goliaths, Hellbats and Liberators, but not Vultures or Valkyries. I'm not sure I've seen Adepts built, but Tempests, I can confirm I've seen under the AI's control.2. Makes sense, then. I can't merge Dark Archons though, as the button on the command card is not there - It's two blink buttons, instead: the former Shadow Stride blink and the one you added. Trying to click the C hotkey to make two DTs merge also fails to work. I can see the button in the unit guide, though. BTW, I would change up the Adept somehow and make it into a unit, but not in the same OP manner as in LotV.3. You're welcome :)4. They only fire one AoE shot and automatically reload that shot. (Only one scarab at a time, you can't hold 5-8 scarabs at once) Having both, especially with the Reaver working like that, seems redundant. I would change up either of them some more. Perhaps the Disruptor should work like it did back during LotV beta? That could make it far more unique to the Reaver.
Jan 5, 2017Posted in: Map Feedback
Love it. Has a few bugs, though. Like, building Valkyries, I think, and Vultures, will cause the AI to spawn Liberators and Hellbats respectively, whereas for the player, it only happens half of the time.
Can't build everything I'm supposed to, though, like Adepts, Dark Archons, Tempests...as well as a few others I can't remember. Love some of the new units and abilities, however. Plague is cool now. Roaches, Immortals, Symbiotes, Valkyries, Ghosts, Medivacs, Sentries - I love those, especially the way you changed them. Reavers feel too much like Disruptors, now, though.
Protoss feels like Protoss again! No more silly Mothership Core, Yay! Thank you SO MUCH for that. It feels so weird, but so right, to play Toss now. I no longer feel dirty playing Protoss :)
Jan 1, 2017Posted in: General Chat
File paths for some:
I tried to upload the images:Oh, crap, that looks amazing! Thanks! :DP.S. - I suppose some of these skins might also get used for Dehaka in Co-Op Commanders.
Dec 31, 2016Posted in: General Chat
Ooohh...I'm intrigued, what's their filenames or file paths? Do you mind giving an example? Like, is it a prefix? assets/units/zerg/battlechest_overlord?
(P.S. - I would check, but I'm not at home right now x) )
Dec 17, 2016Posted in: Project Workplace
Quote from GnaReffotsirk: Go
Cool. What if Xel'Naga construction would illustrate that?
The Weaver Drones would deploy and swirly machine dust cloud will appear, then the building, for example.
I think it would be nice if the second set of arms for the hybrids here are zerg claws. Claws like that of hydras.
Looks really sick. The dust cloud idea could work, yeah. Then they could also slowly turn into liquid goo and then condense into solid form?
And I say give it a try (the Hydra claws idea).
It's all looking really really sick! Keep it up :)
P.S. - If you want some interesting ideas, feel free to check out this mod for Red Alert 2:
It has many interesting gameplay mechanics, especially for it's 4th side/faction, The Foehn.
Dec 14, 2016Posted in: Project Workplace
Quote from GnaReffotsirk: Go
That looks amazing. Is that the same structure, in different modes?
Also, I like the ideas you suggested. However, I would also incorporate the idea that Xel'Naga can change form, merge, and dissassemble at will, as if they are made of nanomachines. However, they would be a perfect mix of nano-machines and organic tech. Their cells look organic but act like nanomachines. It's the perfect synthesis of biology and machine. Some form of warping in or teleporting would make sense, too. :P
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.