Effect Switches, Validators and Requirements (Beginner)
Attachment Methods and Filters (Beginner)
Piercing Projectiles (Advanced)
(I'll update this post to link to them once finished)
I've picked requests from last week to replace the winning tutorial topics. You have until next Monday (the 30th) to vote for the next tutorials and you can leave comments and requests below :D All parts of the editor are now open for request! This means that depending on the topic, different people will be writing the tutorials as we continue forth.
Do you even have time for these tutorials? I saw the archive and a lot aren't made. I only say this because the ones I'm looking forward to aren't done yet. But you might want to think of asking someone to help make the tutorials for you.
I do have the time, I just haven't set aside said time to make the accompanying vids. So most of the tutorials are finished, I just need to add the final touches. I know I haven't been active for a while, but this is because some Real Life opportunities with regards to my work presented themselves and happily took advantage of them. While it took up a lot of my time at first, I'm going to be returning to normal scheduling, albeit slightly wealthier I hope :D
That being said, I'm planning to change my tutorial formats and create a few new things to make my tutorials even better. Not to mention I think it's about time I start showing of actual maps of mine.
Thus here are things you can expect in the coming weeks:
1) All currently promised tutorials (and this poll) will be posted in their present format, possibly slightly adjusted based on your replies for typos, suggestions, etc.
2) If I was working on a project of yours, you WILL received the promised work. After that if you hate me and want someone else, I'll gladly help the new person integrate, or I'll continue to help your project to completion. I don't plan on disappearing again anytime soon. I'll also be making a sort of. . . schedule. . . for my work. Something that makes it easy to contact me, easy to know when I'll be working on your project, deadlines etc etc. I want to continue helping everyone, but I want to make it easier for everyone (myself included).
The most likely setup is going to be a thread where I make a list of days/times I set aside during the week for your project specifically. Current projects will have priority until finished, but if you have a project you want me to take a look at, you'd submit it in that thread and if I like what I see I'd put you on my schedule. This lets everyone know what I'm working on, and let you know if I'll have time for your stuff. Will probably need adjusting, but down the road I plan to make my own "team" of mappers that do this sort of thing full time. The upside to this is that if you want publicity, I'd use this thread to provide links to what I'm working on (so people can see your work through me), but I also have no problem just listing "Supah Sekret!" if you're not ready to show off the goods yet.
3) Future polls will be changed to a new format I will explain at a later point in time to match my upcoming projects. Some possible ideas I have is to make it have tutorials, concept maps and whatever else I might work on. So that rather than just Tutorials, you could vote for me making a cool mini-map for everyone to learn from or maybe a new feature for one of my projects. Bottom line, it'll be more than just written tutorial choices :)
4) I will be creating a YouTube channel to showcase my work (maps) and organize my tutorial videos. I'm also looking into a blog/type site or even just a site in general. I've seen requests for gathering all my work into one easily navigable location. This would be that place. This would also allow me to help other people from the Mapster community by showcasing other work I find nifty. I'd also make the vast majority of my work downloadable from this site so that you don't have to fish around for it.
5) Already mentioned, but I'm going to be making a team of mappers. More information when said team is created. It will be epic though.
TL;DR - I've heard your suggestions and requests and I'm planning big things. I want to make the Mapster community even better and help you enjoy making maps :D
I don't want to come accross as rude. I really have learned alot for the tutorials you have done, they are really well put together, and extreamly helpful. But i am guessing its safe to say we won't be seeing anymore? I mean it has been over a month from your last post here and i am guessing you have just gotten to busy with other projects. Only reason why i ask is because i check up at least 3 times a week to see if they have been updated. Kinda just want to know if i should keep checking.
Actually you can expect 5-6 more tutorials this week as time permits :)
The reason for the greater delay has been working out a schedule and format for my YouTube channel which will ALSO start having video tutorials (among other things). Since I'm not a video editing expert by any means, I've needed to figure that out before I started releasing material.
I agree i Can't wait till we can see more guides from ProzaicMuse I find them some of the most informative guilds out there on really using the Galaxy editor to its Full potential I have already started on making a map with major customizations setting up a multi choice set of unique Units Like my plasma tank a variation of the siege tank using energy instead of hard ammo