Yeah I know this process has been covered up many times in the past in multiple topics but I figured I'd make a video version and a smaller text version for definite reference. Anyway, small text version incoming!
Convert Regular Normal Maps to Starcraft II Normal Maps (Orange)
- This is a really simple process, open up your normal map in photoshop.
- Go to "Channels" and add a new channel which photoshop automatically names "Alpha 1"
- Copy the RED channel to this newly created "Alpha 1" channel
- Delete the RED channel and fill it with WHITE
- Delete the BLUE channel and fill it with BLACK
- Should be ready to save as .dds for starcraft 2 use.
- Watch the following reference image
ADD: If you get an error "Too many channels to export" simply save it as .tga and reopen that .tga and re save it as .dds