What is the Hots remake project ? Simply an expand for the Hots campaign. Im disappointed of the campaign. And now we going to expand the missions to 43 missions. (That means 20+23=43 missions) Of course we make the brutal mode harder.
Here is the TL post. So don't forget to check him out.
Currently we have the units. And most of the mutations. Now its time to create the mod. here is the list of some units.
- Devourer- Gargantua- Defiler- Scourge- Guardian- Corrupter- Snark- Infested Marine- Infested MULE- Nydus (creep tower Nydus Worm and destroyer)- Lurker- Viper- broodlord- Leviathan- Infested Bunker- Overseer- Roverlisk- Brood Queen or Swarm Queen (choice mission its an mutation of the queen)
(NOTE: Not all these units get there own mission. Some Are mutations, And are unit without there own mission (Like the drone))
- Moria TvZ,
- Char ZvZ and ZvT
- Aiur PvZ And ZvZ,
- Tarsonis ZvT,
- Korhal ZvT
- Braxis PvZ (And some T (Old EUD forces) ,
- Kalidir ZvP
- Sonora ZvZ
- Skygeir ZvT and ZvP
- Umodja (XvT (kerrigen and zerg)
- Jotun PvZ
- Zerus (Primal vs Z)
- Space TvT and ZvT
- Lorcadia (PvZ)
(Note, These missions are not in sequence
Note 2 not all missions got a unit reward)
If we have update's we will post them here. So far we must start the mod
For those who like the project and want to help, We still need some guys.
3 Trigger editors, To trigger the leviathan for example is very hard. We need 1 super advance trigger guy. And 1 less skilled trigger guy. The third will be placement fee guy.
1 Advance Dataguy. He must do what i cant do.
2 terrain guys. I don't know how skilled you must be. But I want nice maps with lots of doodads. And no cube's ")
1 Nice model guy, He will do the things like reanimations. But he will not be a core member (but if he can help us sure)
1 other sound editors. To support our current Sound editor.
@ SGT, We don't have a nice role for him. Unfortunately. But maybe we re texture him and make him as a grurp (green/purple) Mutation.
And the Second reason, we can't put in more units. We have just enough an we come exactly from.
@ Thunderzak, I mean 20+23=43 missions. So we make 23 brand new missions, Some current missions will be reworked, and some will become just as the same. (But harder in Brutal and hard)
I liked the hots campaign,but the plot was a bit predictable and some choices was a but weird to my point of view,so i approve the project,also because i will return on sc2,because i am the King of spellcasters,that smurf infestors can do nothing against my dark swarm XD
I have some suggestions:
Mutalisks evolutions need to be modified,the brood lord strain should have range 6 and spawn 1 broodling when the projectile die.
The viper strain should reduce the range of the units that are hitted by the projectiles,3 range reduction to the first unit hitted,/ to the second and 1 to the third;this effect last 5 second and cannot be sommable.
Also hydra need modifications:Lurker strain should do a small AoE damage and have +2 extra damage vs light;Impaler strain should have range 8 and deal 15 damage against armored
The broodlord is a stand alone unit. Not longer an evolution
Viper is also an stand alone unit (Morhped from muta but not longer a Evolution)
The Hydra have already 2 modifications, Same for the lurker, But we have completely cut the Impalar. Because the Impalar den will be an zerg defend structure. But don't worry an lurker evolution will have a smiler role.
The idea's are nice. But we have already some idea's
Anyway its time for an small update
The spells of the spellcasters are known
Fist of all, every zerg spell caster (expect the normal queen) With energy will gain the Consume ability.
Queen Currently unknown expect Transfusion (creeptumor go to the Creep colony)
Infestor: Fungal growl, Spawn Broodling, Dominant Parasite, and Infestasion (no energy) Burrowed: Neural Parasite
Overseer: Spawn Changeling, Parasite, Parasite Slime (A kind of Revelation)
Defiler: Dark Swarm, Corruption (area), Razos Swarm
But don't forget, the 1 mission is a choice mission. So thats -1 + the secret missions thats also -1. So 41 mission in total.
Compared to WoL 36 missions. Its 5 missions more. And hey its about the fun.
Well here is our tech so far. Its still in development. So everything is possible.
Ability: Morph to bandeling
- +33% movement speed (metabolic boost) - Create 4 zerglings but it will cost 100 mins, Double (Or 2/3) amount of time and take 2 more food (obverse incubation) - Spawn 2 Swarmlings (broodlings) When die.
Evolve to Raptorling :
- +10 hp - Can jump to target
Evolve to Tankerling :
- Will gain 2 or 3 Start Armor and deal extra damage against armored And it take + 2 more damage (aggression) And 25 % less attackspeed.
My reason is that the zergling is really weak in the campaign. On higher levels where you will face colossus and siegetanks they are unless. And with this campaign where you also have reavers and more zvz (so lurkers and bandelings) And of course widows its will be a little bit sick. This feel better.
- More splash - Can move (Slowly) burrowed - More life
Its slowly movement because fast burrow is to cheesy.
Evolve to Splintering :
- Split upon death into smaller kamikaze unit. Split 2 time.
Evolve to Leachers :
- give a cloud unopened death That deal 4 damage per seconds. (with an big area) It last 4 seconds. But there can be only 1 cloud per area. (deu overpowering) And it don't work when using the explode Ability.
Roach will not have roach reign directly available.
- gains +8 damage against light units - +20 life - Roach Regeneration (Roaches regenerate at 10 hit points/second when
(Tunneling claws will be directly available)
Evolve to Vile :
Its attacks slow normal enemy units' movement speed and attack speed by 50%. to both movement speed and attack speed. Heroic units are immune
Evolve to Scavenger :
- Increase the weapon speed by 50% or 25%. Burrow move go faster.
Directly 6 range.
Ability: Morph to lurker (after the lurker mission)
- + Burrow heal (5 points per second) decrease burrow time - +20 life - Hydra dens can morph with hatchtech, food decreasing And cost decreasing
Evolve to Synth :
- Does gain 2 bounce attack. The first (main) do normal damage the second do 70 % less damage and the last do 90% less damage.
Evolve to Hunter Killer :
- Gain + 40 Life + 1 range 20 damage against Armored units. (other targets stay on 14)
Not available. But maybe soon. this need a discussion.
No Grurp mutations available (Yet)
Drone Ability: Worker ability's
- after morphing to static defends the drone will re spawn directly at the hatchery - Decrease Hatchery cost too 200 minerals - Give + 5 life
Never increase the worker speed, To power full
Evolve to bee :
- Spawn 2 drones per hatch, The drone will cost 0.5 food.
Evolve to Grunt :
- give + 1 more mineral and gas per trip
Abilitys: Drop, Spawn creep
- Overlord will rally to the army rally point instead of the worker rally point - Increase the load capacity - Increase sight radius by 3
Evolve to Spotter (and no its not L2D and i don't use the L2D model but its only the name)
- Overlord are detectors, (you still can morph to overseers)
Evolve to Yggdrasill
Give +4 more food and cost decreasing to 75 minerals, And +50 life. But it take longer to morph.
Ability's: Abduct, Blinding cloud, Contaminate. And consume (every energy unit have this ability)
- 25 % more movement speed - Start with 25 more mana - Abduct gain + 2 range
Blinding cloud is the same as multilayer version. Orculair parasite is for the Overseer. And they don't have longer the AA attack
Evolve to Cobra :
- Blinding cloud is now the campaign version
Evolve to Draco
- Gain building consume instead of kill unit consume
Ability's: (Consume) Parasite (Only burrowed), Fungal, Spawn broodling And infestation (no energy ability)
The Parasite ability can be used while an infester is burrowed.
- Start with 25 more mana - Fungal hit directly - Gain + 40 life
Evolve to Choker :
- Gain a long range attack slowly draining target's life and converting it into mana It also pull target near the infestor. Consume will be removed.
Evolve to Bullsquid :
- Learn To make infested Bunkers. Can create them while burrowed or burrowed. Move 25% faster while burrowed
Ability Spawn Locust
- Locust can attack air - Increase locust time life to 20 seconds - Swarmhost burrow faster
Burrow will be directly available. The kerrigen in egg mission will be replaced by the lurker. But the Primal have always detection. due there connection with the primal spawning pool
Evolve to Carrion :
- Air locust
Evolve to Digester :
- Spawn 3 locust instead of 2
- +3 attack range - +10 damage to light target - Increase Burrow speed.
Lurkers in combat don't must have faster speed.
Evolve to klurken :
- Will gain 2 spine tentacles. They cant attack on the same target. And must be separated for 43 degrease. There damage will be decreased. (due the overpowering)
Evolve to Spinner :
- There main target will have more damage. So you have the line damage (for example a snake of marines and the last unit is a tank) The lurker will be focus fired on the tank. So the marines die and the tank have more damage than the marines.
- Corruptors can go in ground mode and can attack ground units. But that attack do less damage.
Evolve to Terrorizer
- Killed target become corrupted mass and attack their allies
- Flying speed increased by 40% - Damage increased by 30% - More life
Evolve to Bone wasp :
- Spawn 2 smaller scourges when die. Do less damage (same as splitter ling)
Evolve to : Banetor
- Scourges will gain splash damage. And gain the Explode ability.
A ground unit with ranged air attack (6 range). And a sieged ground attack with low attack speed but do lots of damage vs armored (10 (+50 vs armored) They have 14 range. But have also an minimum range of 4
- 2 range for the air attack - + 2 armor - More movement speed
Evolve to : Sacktick
Gargantua can count there anti air attack when burrowed. But it have only 3 range (range upgrade doesn't count)
Evolve to Blurper :
Ground attack don't have longer the minimum range.
+ 2 range - +2 Armor - 40 % Faster movement speed
Evolve to Swarm Guardian: ( with an tail)
The Swarm Guardian do small splash damage
Evolve to Gargoyle :
When a Guardian die it spawn 4 flying locust (no timed life)
Fast medium sized missile unit Can pass through other allied unit. Fast DPS and strong vs light units, its an Hive tech unit.
- Increase movement speed by 33% - Deal 100% more damage to Light target - Decrease the weapon speed.
Evolve to Breeder :
- Can attack light air units. (But massive will be immune)
Evolve to Predalisk :
- Deal small area of splash damage
- spawn 2 psylisk upon death (no timed life)) - +25% movement speed - Do 35 damage vs all targets instead of 15 (+20 vs armored)
Evolve to Torrasque :
- Dead Torrasque may re spawn in an egg. (just the same) And they gain burrow charge
Evolve to Omegalisk :
- gain 2 tentacles And attack free rotation, its range is 5. And do 20 damage. The ultralisk also gain +1 armor
- +1 range - +2 armor - Broodling last 10 more second.
Range is decreased to 7 (due overlap guardian)
Evolve to Mantis :
The Mantis spawn 3 broodlings instead of 2.
Evolve to Snarker :
- Broodlords will now fire Snarks Instead of broodlings. Snarks are High DPS units and when they survive and the time runs out they explode.
- +10 damage against armored - +50 hp - Increase splash radius by 10%
Evolve to Lilev :
- Cat attack ground units.
Evolve to Corros :
- Acid spore deal damage over time. Damage depend on stack number on target.
Ability: (Consume) Dark Swarm, Corruption (area), and Toxic creep
- Start with 25 more mana - Dark swarm will stay 5 seconds longer - Corruption does deal 10% more reduction
Evolve to Stinger :
- Defilers can cast Dark swarm when burred
Evolve to Thakras :
- Defilermouds don't need longer an hive to build. And there reign will be increased
Behemoth (Smaller Leviathan)
Ability: Bio-Plasmid Discharge
Heavy air unit. 500 hp Can attack air and ground,
- Reduce Bio stasis cost by 25% - Increase life regeneration - Decrease cooldown of the Bio-Plasmid Discharge
Evolve to Emperor :
- Leviathan will gain an armor that reduce enemy Light gound unit attacking the leviathan
Evolve to nihili :
- When a nihili had been killed it spawn a cloud that deal damage vs light biological units. The cloud stay 7 seconds. And gain vision
Unknown/unused/no units/ upgrades/ Grurp upgrades
Infested mech (we don't know what it will be) Infested MULE (no upgrades) Queen (no Grurp upgrades + don't know about upgrades) Broodqueen (no grurp upgrades and normal upgrades) Swarmqueen (no grurp upgrades and Normal upgrades) Overseer (no grurp upgrades)
If you have suggestions, (Included names, Tech idea's or ability idea's) Plz post them.
Ohh you mean the HOTs missions or what do you mean ??
Anyway i have some news. We cut the hole Sorona missions see here,
NEWS we cut the hole Sonora missions. and the choice missions. That bring our number back to 38. missions (18 missions) The Swarm and Broodqueen will be an mutations. And Nydusworm will be enabled by an missions. (maybe zerus)
- Build an hive cluster and assault the other zerg bases (Unlock Broodlord)
- Protect the 4 Hiveclusters There is are 4 islands, And you cannot make air units (included overlords you just have always 200 food) So you need nydus worms. (Unlock nydus)
- Kill the main base of a broodmother
Anyway i was also planned to bring 2 units in the space missions so we could cut 3 other missions. And i think i want to remove the Roverlisk as unit and put him as a mutation for the Locust.
And we are also planning to make Aiur completely ZvZ. The overseer will be moved. But i look to the missions tomorrow.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Dammit, I lost my Santa version of my Avatar. Well Matty Christmas everybody !!