I couldn't agree more with everyone who has said this is excellent. Even just using this tool to preview sizes on the fly is extremely useful. 90% of the dialogs for our current project are done, but for the remaining 10% as well as future projects this tool will save days of work (quite literally). In all honesty I would pay big bucks for something this useful. Keep up the excellent work.
If you use his map in your resolution, it will be what it looks like in your resolution, nothing less, you have to take it into account yourself (you can change sc2's resolution to see the changes right away though). The map is more like a simulation.
I found how to implement the generated SC2Bank code from the map for your map. Don't be afraid to give advices or suggestions about this.
To YOUR map
You must add a library named "Dialog Designer Library" to your system. This library add some functions and a new category of functions : "Generated Dialog".
Generated dialog - Create a dialog with the macro code.
Generated dialog - Create a dialog item with the macro code.
Generated dialog - Get dialog from Name.
Generated dialog - Get dialog item from Name.
Dialog Designer Map
The saved SC2Bank file from the Dialog Designe map will contains a "Macro Code". This macro code is a long string value containing all properties for the dialog/dialogitem you want to implement.
How to do ?
Add the library to your map. Copy Macro code from the saved generated file for the wanted dialog and copy this string to your map inside the parameter of the function "Generated dialog - Create a dialog with macro code". The system will generate the dialog automatically.
Get generated dialog and generated dialog items with this system ?
Use the getters functions "Get dialog from Name" and "Get Dialog item from Name". Don't be afraid about the management of dialog lists for your dialogs : the system manages this problem. For your use, you could use the "Name" property to edit or delete a dialog/ dialog item after creation.
Notice: Only dialogs and dialog items generated with the actions of the library can be get by their name.
What is the name of my dialog ?
It's the same name as specified in the Dialog Designer map.
Is it done ?
It's NOT DONE for the moment. It will be implemented in the next version, with all new features added by 1.2 patch.
Go to Configuration window, tape the name of your file and click "Save". The saving is not automatic.
If you want to restore your dialog later, rename your file containing the dialogs to "import.SC2Map" then click to "Import" into the Configuration window of the map. Be carreful, click "Import" will erease all old content in the map to replace by the content of the "import.SC2Map" file.
@Creation25: Try the numeric keypad. If that doesn't work, i cannot help you... But the next version of the map will implement the text editor created by Blizzard, and will resolve this problem.
The next update is sheduled after the release of the 1.2 update from Blizzard and after my exams, but before Febuary.
I can translate it to norwegian, if no one else wants too. Its the names for the different options and tabs, rite?
The last version of the map include GameStrings.txt for each language. You can edit your language and send the result by MP or e-mail. No problems for me :)
Only one problem: some new text will be appear with the next version of the map, it's possible a part of the translation done will be lost after the update... And you must translate a second time the map after the update.
Solved a bug about the save. The save saves now all information about dialog boxes, including title.
Solved a bug causing textures to disappear from the list, due to 1.2 game update.
The "Duplicate button" is now available to copy the current selected objet into another with the same configuration.
Object names are now unique.
It's now impossible to name an object if this name is used for another object.
It's now impossible to save the work if object names are same.
"Generate GALAXY Code" button deleted.
"Generate MACRO Code" button added.
Using the Blizzard API for editboxes.
Editbox are now supported.
It's now possible to edit a label from the last value.
It's now possible to edit a dialog title from the last value.
It's now possible to edit a list from the last value.
It's now possible to delete an item from a list in the list window.
Adding 2 buttons to improve the text edition : Style and Color.
Next version (1.4) will be release the next week.
I currently work with this version of Dialog Designer to other projects and my goal is really to be able to realize ALL interface with this program. I am trying to resolve problems that make use of this program tedious.