what really bothers me the amount of clicking it requires to attack and such. Atleast needs hotkeys for buttons or improved menus. UI is really minimalistic which is nice, but they usability seems clumsy
Amazing UI, absolutely incredible. On the note of latency issues, and this may be a hefty work around, but you could use the normal ui, move it off screen and the hornets would still function the way you want.
Man this stuff is great, i like your design choice with this rooms. Old school + Rpg = Paradise. Clicking on this sub menus with lag might be slightly annoying though. But the amount of work u putting on this gives a hope for bright future.
So I played it a bit and first of: 10/10, might be the best Sc2 map I have played so far. As it would be very tedious to point out all the things that I liked, forgive me if I skip that part.
To the things that I did not like.
- First, I'm stuck :( The templar destroyed that bridge (which was weird, because afterwards it was intact again but I could not cross it (and the bottom left crystal was broken) and now the crystal is intact but the bridge deactivated. As I do not really know how it is supposed to work, I cannot really say anymore about this. I also got a item that says "Left, Left, Straight, Right", but if I follow this path in the catacombs, it just takes me back to the atrium (when you go straight, or is straight not supposed to be up?).
- This one time I left the room "to the very left" (at least I think you get there if you walk left often enough), this room with one trinket and only one entrance, the screen went dark but didn't not fade in again.
- Your companion walks through stuff.
- At two occasions I saw a yellow (neutral unit) flying helper splat on the ground (with no unit). I think it was after the stone zealot battle and before the two probes / two high templar battle.
- Why are your attribute points displayed in the attribute tree, when you use them in the inventory dialog?
The first iteration was active time battle (like final fantasy) but it interfered too much with the tactical aspects (you aim an aoe... just when the enemy happens to move out of the way). It was frustrating as a player. Galaxy is great for turn based- and I was definitely aiming for as simple/intuitive as possible.
1. whoops, I shifted how I the game stored story variables towards the end and that left some bugs :( reloading the game and your save slot should fix the issue. If the bridge crystal hasn't been used and isn't in your inventory it will respawn in the mine.
2. The directions are in regard to your characters facing from when you first enter the maze (the first left is east, the second left is then south)
3. Hmm, that wasn't supposed to happen. That's the treasure room for following the maze instructions. I think it didn't turn on the exit trigger because you managed to get there a way you weren't supposed to :P
4. That was a design decision. I didn't have time for the contest deadline to come up with a better solution so that he doesn't interfere with your pathing.
5. This is completely new to me. Probably because I never tested with helper settings on- whoops. Will look into it
6. Because I hate designing UI and they were added at 2am and I couldn't think of a better place for them :/
2. Oh so I had that thing even before I entered the maze?
3. Yeah it happened when I entered the room again after I had done everything in the mines.
5. You can force flying helpers off for all players at the beginning of the game.
One more thing, I really liked the terrain/doodad use before the maze, but I think it somewhat dropped in there. Could use a few more doodads at the walls or on the high ground. Just a not so important idea for improvement when you have got the time.
edit: Mh I don't find another crystal, maybe because the bridge is already "repaired"?
Second, I keep getting black screen after picking up the voidstone and leaving that room, from which I can't do anything (doesn't seem like that's what you intended). I can chat and move my cursor around and hit esc, but I can't do anything else game related. Just wanted to let you know :3