Jaxter, there's something wrong with the wireframe. It shows up well, but the problem is that the blue highlight around the unit that represents the unit's shield doesn't show up. Also, when I select this unit in a group, the white border around the unit doesn't show up. Do you know why that happens? I suspect the problem might have to do with the .png or .tga file formats preventing the background from being see through. If anyone knows a way to fix this, please let me know.
ive been told that i should change the background to this black square with rounded edges and a transparent border so the border would show. i now realize that that was a wireframe.sry
o, and sry about the pastelly colors. the color changy thingy wouldnt work, so i took the pictures off of adlelios' forum...
I have a simple request for whoever wants to do it. I would like a recolour of the extractor's green bits to red and blue. here are the necessary file paths:
I think they will have to be separate models to work properly since I would like to use them alongside the original one.
I would attempt this myself but I would have to get the software, get the importer, learn how to do this simple task... hours of time for me when it's probably a 10 minute job for one of you. :P
All you have to do is take the _diffuse.dds files and add in an alpha layer. The team color shows through on invisible sections of the alpha (aka the darker shades with black being completely the team color).
So you would add an alpha layer to kerrigan_diffuse.dds, and then paint sections where you want the team color to show up. This may or may not work automatically, since I believe there is a flag inside the model files that decide whether or not team colors will be represented by the diffuse map alpha channel.
Been very busy lately, all these things that require going into 3DSMax will have to wait. But if someone else wants to work on it, i'd be willing to help you fix up the model files to work with your new textures, since its basically just importing, change a setting, and exporting again.