When we gather up with friends and want to play sc2 together a common problem is the gap in skill amoung our group. So what i am looking for is a map, where weaker players are pretty safe from harassment and can also take their mind of eco management and focus on building units.
This is my basic idea:
- A "moneymap" with very safe mainbases that allows weaker players to be safe for a while and macro some units up. But it should not be a infinite-money base. The patches should have enough minerals to macro up a 200/200 army with some upgrades before you need to expand.
- Maybe even a "no rush" feature, with destructible rocks blocking the entrance at first?
- Not necessarily shared bases, but the possibility to quickly recieve help from an allied player.
- Maybe the main bases are independent from another, but ramps lead to an area where allies can build shared expansions (kinda like some spawns on good 'ole Hunters)
- The pathways to the center should promote a unification of armies in a top vs. bottom cenario. Something like a "clash zone".
I even made a rough sketch of what i have in mind:
The main bases are independent
Corner Bases (1,4,5,8) are more prone to Air / Drop Harrass and can be assigend to the better players
Inner Bases (2,3,6,7) are super safe and can be assigend to new players, they (may?) even have an emergency bridge connection for quick help.
Ramps lead to shared expos for 2 allies each
Expo-Areas are connected for emergency help
from the Expo-Areas the map leads into a defendable space where the whole team can unite armies.
In the middle there is a clash zone for epic battles. Maybe the Clashzone is lower ground?
At the side of the clash zone there could be high risk gold bases and watchtowers
Destructible Rocks function as a rush protection.
Is there already a map like this? Is someone up for making something like this?