Stated here are the absolute and unbending laws that now govern the Map Review forum of SC2 Mapster. The laws, definitions of certain terms, and punishments for rule-breakers are to be carried out by the current legitimate authority of the Map Review forum. Exceptions to the stated laws can be seen at the end of this book.
I. Threads and Purposes
Any current member of this establishment (SC2 Mapster) is permitted to open a thread in the Map Review forum. Posting threads here should be encouraged for all. No member shall be discouraged or prohibited from opening a thread in this forum. The exception to this is in the case of persons engaged in destructively ignorant or offensive behavior. Those found "trolling" or "flaming" or otherwise ignoring the laws present in this book will be, at the discretion of the authorities, discouraged or prohibited from making threads on this forum.
1. Every thread in the Map Review forum must contain a review of one StarCraft 2 map or group of related maps. It is permitted to post on a group of other map-related topics, however, so long as they are map-specific:
1.b. Feedback Polls
1.c. Strategies, Replays, and Map-Specific Help
2. A topic must remain map-specific. Offending threads will be warned and later locked.
2.a. Digression is permitted on a case-by-case basis.
3. Discussion and replies to existing threads must remain on the topic of the specific map or maps that the original post establishes. Comparison to other maps is permitted.
4. No redundant threads shall be made. Offending threads will be merged with a similar thread.
4.a. A redundant thread is permitted only if the new thread shows a significantly new direction in argument or an acceptably large amount of new content.
Breaking any of the laws in Section I. are considered minor infractions. Generally, minor infractions will result in a warning. Repeated infractions will result in a probation from posting threads in the Map Review forum. Breaking probation or continuing with repeated infractions will result in a deferment to an administrator for suspension or banishment, depending on severity.
II. Behavior and Conduct
It is advised to avoid contact with "trolls" and "flamers" as much as possible. Remain courteous whenever possible but arguments are encouraged so long as they do not devolve into personal attacks. Debate and discourse are the lifeblood of reviews and as such will be fully allowed under the Map Review forum. Debating the quality of the review or the reviewer's methods are also fully allowed. That being said, quoting out of context, logical fallacy, misinformation, and unintentional lies are not illegal but are highly discouraged.
1. Personal attacks (flaming) are prohibited.
1.a. Release of sensitive personal information is absolutely prohibited in all situations. Potentially damaging personal information will be immediately deleted.
2. Intentional disruption of the peace (known as "trolling" to the layperson) is prohibited.
2.a. If the "trolling" is hilarious enough, however, the punishments will be less severe.
3. Useless threads and posts with no valuable content will be deleted.
4. Spam (a large volume of off-topic or redundant material) is prohibited. Offending threads and posts will be promptly closed or deleted.
5. Review threads that offer no valuable or consequential input will be closed or deleted. All review mediums (video, text, etc) and scoring methods are allowed.
6. Vulgar language and swearing is permitted only on a case-by-case basis.
6.a. Racism is absolutely prohibited.
Breaking laws II.2.a., II.3., II.5., and II.6. are considered minor infractions. See Section I.Punishments for punishments relating to minor infractions. II.1., II.2., and II.4. produce major infractions when broken. The first infraction might result in a warning, depending on severity. Otherwise, the offender will be referred to an administrator for the proper course of action, which could be anything from a warning to banishment. Breaking II.1.a and II.6.a are severe infractions that will cause an immediate referral to an administrator for a prompt suspension or banishment from SC2 Mapster.
A minimum quality will be enforced on all reviews posted in the Map Review forum, regardless of the thread's origin (ie. a moved thread will still be held under these guidelines). In general, reviews should be of a decent enough quality so that the map's author (who will undoubtedly read the review given enough time to find it ) will be able to gain more insight about his/her work.
1. Reviews must include a written analysis of or discourse on the map. A standard paragraph size is an acceptable minimum.
2. The author of the map and the Battle.net title of the map (if any) must be present and clearly visible in the original post or the thread title.
3. A score does not need to be given, but a general opinion of the map must be present in some form.
4. Insulting the author of the map is prohibited unless the insult is harmless and used for comedic value.
4.a. No insult will ever be condoned if the map author is offended or in any way discouraged from map-making by it.
Breaking any of the laws in Section III. are considered minor infractions. In most cases, an offending review thread will be left open so that the reviewer may fix any issues with it. However, depending on severity, III.4.a may cause a major infraction. For the corresponding penalties, see Section I. and Section II.
Existing moderators and administrators are exempt from the rules stated in this book. Anyone caught impersonating a moderator or administrator in order to try escaping the law will be hanged.