First off want to say I'm glad you and your friends like it.
Now, I've literally spent countless days/games played before it was released, testing the heroes and their respective abilities. I don't think gregor is as strong as you make him out to be. He is strong, but he can be killed. I have played full 6 player games as each hero and have won with them all lol. It comes down to player skill more than the hero IMO. The weakest terran hero is Kristo, which I'm looking into.
The Ultra may need to be buffed. I agree that he should do more damage. The broodlord needs to be tested. I've won MANY games as zerg. They are just as strong as the other races. It just takes a different mentality to play as them.
Yes. The B.O.B. unit does call out to see who has the stronger hero and who knows how to play better.
Play it some more times. This time you be zerg and go rape people. Trust me, it def can be done, as I've done it ;D
You may be right. I'm just saying what I've found from the times I've played it...specifically, I've never played zerg personally but like I said a lot of people are getting upset and rage quitting because they get stomped so hard, which in turn ruins the game for everyone else because they leave. Maybe just something to think about. I still think Gregor is overpowered but I will test it more.
When say Terran is killed completely, they cannot see what is going on in the rest of the map, even if they are still in the game. The whole map is fog of war. Just annoying when you're playing with multiple friends. *shrugs*
Use the edit function if your going to post short posts like that or send me an instant message please.
I will add the option of full vision if your wiped out from the game. I do like that idea.
This was sent to me in an e-mail:
Sup, first of all, fun map.
1. If you click really fast at the start you can select more than one hero, locking other people out of the game and ruining it. Even if you only manage to select two, from the same team, you can literally have the equivalent of a two level 36 heroes by the time you reach level 10 using a stat exploit.
2. Zerg army is entirely too powerful. There is simply no good way to counter banelings. You can flood the map with banelings and you are guaranteed a win, their damage ignores armor, rendering melee heroes useless. They are super cheap, and do extreme amounts of damage. A level 36 gregory fully upgraded can tank an ultralisk taking less than 5 damage per hit, but takes well over 100 dmg from each baneling that hits him. And that's with nearly 60 armor. I've also heard issue that Broodlords are extremely difficult to counter, though truthfully this concerns me less than the banelings. They really are that overpowered.
3. Melee heroes in the endgame are unstoppable. I can take Gregory and literally stomp any ranged hero into the dirt (A note: the cooldown on his stun attack seems a bit short, If you are more than halfway to my base in the lane, I can force you back long enough to kill you before you make it to the shelter of your cannons because it stuns and pushes you.) The armor that melee heroes receive (2 per upgrade) makes them nearly invincible.
4. Nova's snipe is underpowered at the end of the game, either needs a shorter cooldown/targeting time, or much higher dmg. Nuke may launch too fast, though it seems balanced enough.
5. Zeratul's stun/grapple also has a very short cooldown, but it doesn't seem to be QUITE as overpowered as Rory's leap.
That's all I've noticed for now. Again nice map.
1. I didn't know you could do that by clicking fast. I've played so many games and that's never happened lol. Are people exploiting this? What do you mean by using a stat exploit?
2. Yes. In the back of my mind, after winning with zerg I foresaw banelings becoming an issue. I will add armor reduction and prob increase their spawn token count to 2. Maybe even increase their cost. The broodlords need to be tested more. I made it so the broodlings can't be targeted so I mean they really don't push a lane back and hold up the entire lane, so I don't really know how effective they really are.
3. As for the melee heroes being stronger in the end game. I gave all of the caster heroes at rank 5 a huge damage buff in response to the melee heroes being beast. The casters should be able to manage. I mean I've tested a fully upgraded gregory vs a fully upgraded caster and it was pretty damn even. Back and forth. So your saying the cooldown on leap needs to be increased or the stun duration lowered?
HEY ZERO! It's me again.
I've done several Multiplayer games now and man, it's quite fun. The choices between upgrading an army, or cashing in gold for Mins to get more troops? Is absolutely awesome IMO. It's much better than farming item recipes. The game may be flooded with far to many noobs at the moment since the map isn't that old, but there do seem to be some strong imbalances. Some of them, seem fine but you still may want to consider them.
1# Brood Lords are epic because of path blocking. Thats why even Thors lose to them in Melee Games. Mass Brood Lings will just take up the space needed to still push an army back. If you make their path foot print barely existant? That issue can be solved nearly immidiately.
2# Banelings are strong. Mainly in early game however. When I used them, mid to late game? They are not as nearly effective. Maybe I didn't play the Zerg until you changed them? Are they even changed yet? *shrugs* they were not as strong as some made them out to be.
3# Kerrigan is seriously getting close to Over Powered. The DoT is very strong when you level it early and grants players early easy hero kills. Her heal also gives her a HUGE edge in fighting. At end game, if I went against another player 1v1, we'd usually beat each other to half health equally with quick blasting (mind you, the DoT hasn't really taken full effect yet). After the first 3 seconds of spell barrages, I heal; I'm up on health and they are not. They are still burning from the DoT and I nuke them for the kill. I'm seriously unbeatable unless I get gang banged. Even then, I still usually manage to win thanks to her Ultimate. It's not too strong on damage, but it is a very quick fire. CD might too low.
4# Rory's leap is epic but fails in certain instances versus Zeratul's pull. If I'm back at their base, I can't leap at them because the cannons will kill me. If I get too close to try and get army kills? I get pulled into the cannons and they kill me. I've had several games now, where Rory can be effectively controlled in the TvP lane if the Protoss have Zeratul there to bait him. What's worse is that every game this happened? My levels fell horridly behind as Zeratul is free to kill my army while I'm away re spawning. Rory can do a LOT better versus the Zerg, because the army tends to kill the northern most Spine first, allowing me to leap past their static D and rape their base and spawning heroes. This isn't the only Hero who seems to have a favored lane. Rory almost completely face smashes Kerrigan in early game, beating her so badly that she can't exploit her awesome DoT power. If I run into Rory on the TvZ lane, I have to switch lanes in order to perform well to get her leveled. She's far too weak to compare to Rory early on. Funny, since Rory seems easily stopped on the TvP lane (if Zeratul is used anyway).
5# I've gotten B.O.B before. Actually, it was a lot easier than I thought. In one of those games where Rory was getting baited by a good Zeratul player, I was 6 levels behind. The Protoss got B.O.B since they couldn't beat me bad enough to over run me at least. Then things started to change. B.O.B. actually sealed their fate! You see, my partner and I immediately prepared to snipe B.O.B. ASAP as soon as he began harvesting. We run down and kill him, and I find myself surprised haven forgotten that you can Capture B.O.B ! All of a sudden, it hits me. We now have a way to win! Easy! The Protoss Team wasted all that cash on B.O.B while all that potential cash we DIDN'T spend on our own B.O.B was used towards army. We held them off WAY too easily. They had no way of catching up their forces to ours, even with my Character being so beat down by the Zeratul pulls into cannons. Also, B.O.B trek is awfully short. If you still have your Static D up; once he's up that ramp, it's practically GG. The Zerg B.O.B route is WAY longer. WAY longer and no where nearly as defended. I think the B.O.B goal needs to be looked at to make sure it's fair. For one, I don't think I should be able to steal an opponent's B.O.B. He is easy to kill, especially if you're leveled into end game. I single play can keep a team busy fighting over B.O.B while his team mate can decimate a lane when the enemy is distracted. B.O.B is more of a risk to the team who summons him, than he is a fail safe. To put this in a better perspective here, I'll give an example on that game I spoke of above. In the time it took us to capture B.O.B and escort him with 2 out leveled heroes, our army out leveled their's so much that they were killing the Nexus. Our troops literally rolled theirs. It was a double win. B.O.B reached the CC just as we were sealing their doom with our army at the same time. And we didn't even pay for him. We were levels behind, so we didn't have as much cash as they did. I love B.O.B. It's a great ploy in such a game as yours. But he does need some work. I think that's why I havn't seen him as much.
Anyways, GL HF! I'll give more feed back on the Protoss when I use them several times.
1. The broodlords have army push 11 so they really shouldn't be blocking the army's path seeing as the army can just push them out of the way. I however, haven't tested this myself in a full game to see.
2. I haven't made the changes to banelings, but you think they are ok?
3. So what nerf her dot? How does she stand up againt gregor end game, high levels?
4. Getting pulled into the cannons is awesome lol smart zeratul. Each hero is unique so everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses.
5. Hmmm. Ok so what your saying is make the B.O.B. unit stronger. I'm not making it so they can't be captured. I don't like that. I could make him move even slower. And the pathing from the zerg base to the middle is the same. I've tested the time it takes B.O.B. to get from the corner bases to the zerg and it was almost identical.
I've been trying to play Fury Under the Stars, but consistently (over the last three days) whenever I start the game with a full party, the loading bar seems to freeze, presumably because one of the players hasn't loaded, and then when the game starts, none of the bases spawn, everyone is defeated, and the game ends.
Edit: Idk what was causing it before, but I got in a game tonight and it went pretty smoothly...except for the fact that I controlled two heroes, as was noted by an earlier bug report. Pretty easy, actually... Definitely needs fixing, along with the crash bug I was experiencing, as my friends have reported similar troubles.
For Protoss, if you just mass Voidrays and Blink Stalkers you are pretty much guaranteed to win. I just finished a game, and at the end the army was spawning over 20 Voidrays and Blink Stalkers with 2, 2, 2. They were almost instantly killing all the ranged heroes.
For Zerg, if you just mass Banelings, Ultralisk and Mutas, you are pretty much going to dominate.
For Terran, just mass Thors, almost nothing can counter them when you get enough Attack upgrades, they instantly kill any hero. I was playing Akeru, max leveled and just killed off the Zerg. The Terran was just mass Thors, I went to attack the Terran and before I could do anything I was instantly dead.
If there is some way to balance these units, that would be really helpful.
I can't be the only one who's annoyed by the placement of the spine crawlers for zerg. The other two races have one entrance from the center area, which is covered by two cannons/bunkers at once, but zerg has two northern entrances which are only protected by one spine crawler each. This means I find myself losing all my drones early game do to attacks that simply are not possible against the other two races.
Other balance thoughts:
Gregor needs to be toned down; he can just rush into bases and solo their spawn buildings with his enrage thing, and his stun thing has way too little cooldown.
Valac is pretty ridiculous as well, with an instant-kill for move to deal with carriers and battle cruisers that's the envy of the other two races, and two outrageously powerful and easily spammable area of effect spells.
Saru is similar to Valac in terms of ridiculous AoE, but I find that he's more fragile and one of his AoE has some wind up so you can interrupt him.
I guess my biggest problem with the map is that the heroes are actually too strong in the end game, to the point where lesser units become completely useless as they are instantly killed by huge AoE abilities, so it just turns into a Battlecruiser/Carrier/"you're outta luck if you're Zerg 'cause your strongest units can't hit air, guess you might as well spend tons more money getting both Ultras and Corruptors even though they're both considerably weaker" spamfest.