hi, 1 minute ago i realeased my 3rd map: " PsychoMC´s - The Last Stand.
It´s a hero defense map, which is inspired by dawn of war 2 - the last stand.
So you can choose 1 of 4 heros, select your wargear (for stats, passive stuff and spells) and fight masses of enemies.
The special thing is, that your experience is saved and you can level up after 1 round. So next time you play this, with your new level, new items are unlocked.
There are no really bad items, only bad item combinations. So you win the game with skill and teamwork and a gof item and hero combination.
The last week i was killing bugs, and bugs, and again bugs. So i doubt i got them all.
Feel free to test my map and write a comment here, or bugs or any improvement suggestion.
i appreciate every help i can get.
PS: i made the map alone, but i got a lot from questions and the tutorials in the forum here. So thanks to everyone for your help !!!
If you click "Create a game" you can search through the maps that are published, and you would most likely find your map, it's not ideal I know, and only people who knows about your map will find it, but you -can- find it.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. But today is a gift, that's why they call it present."
hey man sorry for late reply havent checked this post until now. unfortunately i am not on European server I am on SEA =P If you want to send me a copy of the map i shall upload it to the SEA server for you, would also love to play it with friends of mine who also loved DOW2
Hi :-) First of all, I would like to thank you for an excellent map which is fun even after many plays. It reminds me of Survival, Terrania, Island Troll Tribes etc. from Warcraft 3 which I liked a lot so its nice to see something similar is finally getting to StarCraft 2.
If you wonder about popularity, its simple, that map quality rocks hard :-) I haven't yet seen such a good menu (hero picking screen). Also I remember reading something about code saving problems with new battlenet but I see you have found the way around which is nice. As for suggestions I think apart from adding more waves, you could also make some mode for more people like 5 and perhaps some usable objects on the map or buildings spreading damaging creep (if that's possible with editor) or just things that need more then just smash it hard way of fighting like that wave 9 or sieges (I don't remember the number).
I have found out 2 bugs. One with the viking staying in the game and flying after wave complete was announced. But that's not actually a problem (and marine shot him down anyway). However what was a problem is taking over Ultralisk with High Templar (Dominate spell or how its called). I think that at that moment he was last enemy unit on the map and wave spawning got stuck. There was like half of wave left on the counter and nothing happened. We killed Ultralisk but that didn't help at all.
Last thing, I would like to ask about that "commander item". How is the commander picked or do all level 10 heroes have it? I am able to use it, I was just wondering about the system around that. You could perhaps update that in Tips (F12).
PS: I played your Survivor Defense few times and when I found this map I totally knew that must be of your making. There is certain quality mark there. I look forward to see new versions... or even new maps :-)
Hey, I like your map quite much and enjoyed playing it.
Unfortunately I encountered a very annoying bug, which is really frustrating. I was able to finally beat the Tyrant with my Marine, but instead of gaining the +25% buff I actually lost all buffs (even the +10% from Level 10).
Now im sitting there with a Lvl 10 hero that is actually weaker than average heroes who just beat the Zeratul boss. It really sucks because I really put some effort in winning level 20 and was punished hard for it.
The buffs cannot be reobtained via beating the game again and the character is destroyed forever.
I think you should get rid of this. I actually don't feel like playing the map again, which is really bitter because had quite some fun with it.
I got an update about that the bug I posted about. It seems that sometimes if you dominate the last unit currently on the map you stop wave spawning. If you release the unit and kill, it returns to normal spawning (worked for me at least). If you kill the creature while under domination, you bug the game. I hope that helps to others.
Also I noticed that High Templar Commander Item has wider impact range then it shows. I killed my teammate with this even he should have been out of range.
I'm playing on EU server and I confirm LordLing bug.
I had game when all party died but our ultras were still alive and cleared the rest of wave. Then it was bugged because we get score screen but our hero resurrected so we continue playing until the end and enemy units didn't attack us anymore.
Buff for killing Zeratul should give +10% according to description but it gives 25% instead.
Buff for beating game gives only 10% (finished with HT and DT) while it states it should be 25%.
There is no hotkey for one dark templar ability (small earthquake that stuns)
I think frenzy description on ultralisk should be changed too, it states that they cannot be mind controlled but lvl15 boss is able to do so.
1. Ultralisks at the start. What is up with those? I don't think they are supposed to be there. If a Beastmaster Tyrant gets them, they get the full bonus, btw.
2. "Hell" buff. Some people don't get it at all and even lose the Nightmare buff, without being able to get either of them back. Completely ruins desire to play. My DT is afflicted by this. Other chars are at 10, but I don't dare try to do Wave 20 with those.
3. "Hell" buff only gives 10% bonus instead of 25% as it should for those who get it.
4. "Nightmare" buff gives 25% bonus instead of 10%.
5. Waves get stucked if you Dominate the last surviving unit. Can be fixed by releasing and killing the unit, but completely bugs if you kill the unit in its dominated state.
6. Wave 5 gets stuck if you kill all 4 spawns directly in their corners (I think this is what causes it). Shouldn't be possible, but entirely is with one good hero per corner and the aforementioned Ultralisks in the 4th corner.
7. The High Templar gets splash on his attacks if you select the first weapon and then switch to another one, but not if you directly pick the other weapon.
1. Cloak. It is the only reasonable armor choice for DT. It is so ridiculously powerful that all other armor choices are vastly inferior to it. The damage bonus is INSANE. I don't know if a nerf to Cloak is the right course of action, though. The DT is worse at killing masses of units (especially the Immolator weapon is very underwhelming), so once again the sensible choice is to specialize in killing big units/bosses, preferably with the Witchblade (damage bonus gets multiplied by Cloak) or the Shadowblade/Blade of Strength. Nerfing the damage on Cloak too much might make the DT too weak compared to others.
2. Immolator weapon for DT. I know this is the AoE weapon and therefore does less single target damage, but it simply is too weak even at that. This needs a plain buff.
3. Shadowwave. Doesnt have a hotkey, and I kinda don't get the ability. It stuns and deals damage, sure. But how much damage does it do? It doesn't even oneshot zerglings. That seems kinda weird. The ability is very much underwhelming.
4. I absolutely love the possibilities the Marine offers you. From hardhitting tank to crazy flame-/grenadethrowing madman on stimpack with nukes, every variation of the class is insanely fun. Great work on this.
5. Your game is very awesome. Please continue working on it. Its main problem is that it kind of ends. Once I've maxed all chars (got all on 10, but only beat Wave 20 with the DT yet - understandably stopped after that, see bugs above), there really isn't anything left to do. More waves and/or more heroes would be much appreciated - though Wave 20 is already quite hard.
a)If u choose the armor that reduces your ms for tyrant and then you choose the armor that increases it you will have 1.88 ms while if u choose the ms increasing armor from the start you would have 2.5ms
b)Cloak lasts 6 secs and increases your dmg by 200% while in tooltip it says it lasts 4 secs and increases your dmg by 33%
c)the cancel domination skill has the same hotkey as guardian shield and also mentions nova on the tooltip.
d)marine grenade says that it does 30 dmg when you pick accessories, 35 dmg on its tooltip when it is a skill and actually does 40 dmg
e)psionic storm says it does 200 dmg but tried it on my HT and it hurted him for around 300hp
f)On last wave we killed 1st hybrid before the 2nd had spawned and it gaves the victory message. After that 2nd one spawned normally and upon beating that one too we got again the victory message
did u nerf the 20th wave? i finished it before with 2 bosses spawning in closer time, today 2nd boss spawned really late, it was very easy. 1st one was already down when 2nd spawned. pre-nerf was more challenging
and as mentioned above 10 lvl and 20 lvl buffs are working opposite ways. 10 gives %25 bonus
hello everyone, thanks a lot for telling me all the bugs. I gonna fix them as soon as possible.
- ultralisk bug = i tested something and forgot to delete them :)
- commander item = every level 10 hero can have it. maybe i should rename it into ultra item, or something that sounds better. the map is inspired from dawn of war 2, and they called it like that...
- domination bug = i changed the trigger from "unit dies - no unit on the map" to "periodic - no unit on the map". and the trigger is activated when the last enemy spawned. hope this won´t cause other problems
- bonus for killing the bosses = i mixed that up and never realized it. i fixed it today and added energy bonus too. so it´s 10 % for killing the wave 10 boss and 25% for killing the wave 20 boss.
- wave 20, i never wanted to spawn 2 bosses, this was a bug. today i fixed it, do you think it´s too easy now? on the other hand heros are weaker no because of only 10 % bonus...
hm... i will release a new version with 2 more heros, and 3 more levels soon (i hope, lets say 1-2 weeks). i hope it´s ok to fix only the bigger bugs now and the rest in the new version.
i´m planning to add 10-15 more waves, but hardcore ones. you can jump directly to them when you killed the boss at wave 20. what do you think about that? i´m open for other suggestions to offer more things to play.
PS: you can suggest anything you would wish for this map