This is a map I created for fun over the course of 5 days and it is currently participating the Rock the Cabinet arcade contest. The game is still in its early stages, any feedbacks and/or suggestions are more than welcome. If you have a replay of a game session, please do post it here as it will greatly help me improve on the game.
Secret Steak Society (SSS) is an action arcade game that focuses on Cows and Gangs.
Every 10 years, four of the best Cows carefully selected by The Butcher will be release from the Steak Palace to compete against each other. The competition will make the Cows more tender and juicier while allowing one of the Cow to earn its freedom while the others become steaks on plates.
+ Cows - Moooo
+ Gangs - ( •_•) ( •_•)>⌐□-□ (⌐□_□)
+ Cash - $$$
+ A Living City - Everything is moving...
+ Conflicting Events - Events that bring every players together to fight for their lives, for cash...
+ Universal Shop Pricing - Buy early, or pay more later for the same amount of upgrade
+ Bounty - Highest cash+reputation player will get marked as a bounty target. Bounty target will lose cash and reputation when killed.
Core Game Loop
1. Kill Civilians
2. Loot Cash
3. Purchase Upgrade
4. Recruit Gang Members
5. Do Events
Color="LimeGreen"]How to Play[/color]
0. Entire Map View
1. Skin selection HUD. Earn steak(s) at the end of the game!
2. User Interface
3. Player killing a bunch of civilians that are gathering around a Steak Office
4. Player capturing a house to relocate Headquaters. Headquaters spawn additional gang members to reinforce your gang.
5. Butcher Event. Butcher hunts the player who paid the least every 2 minutes. Remember to pay your tribute to the Steak Palace.
6. Players trying to pay tribute but ended up fighting each other.
7. A player is ressurecting himself at a Cloning Post
8. Purchasing an upgrade from the Milk Factory. It is always a good idea to purchase early as the price goes up when a player purchases it.
Hey, thanks for checking this out. If you did get a chance to try it out in game, I hope you had fun :)
v2.0 has just been released after a bunch of play testing over the past 2 days. Some notable new additions:
+ Bounty Target: Richest player will be marked as a bounty target and has cash penalty upon death.
+ Bounty Hunters: Computer controlled assassins that put pressure on the bounty target.
+ New Cow Maniacs: No longer spawns infinitely, but instead have a cap which you can upgrade at the Cowtist Refuge.
+ New HQ: Reinforces Cow Maniacs instantly with the new Cow Maniac changes to make HQ relocation more useful.
+ Tutorials: Yay!
Screenie of the Day
1. Green was surrounded and killed as he was the bounty target.
Skin selection UI. Earn steaks at the end of the game!
1. Added mechanize cow skins to the game.
You can unlock cow skins with Steaks.
You can earn Steak(s) by staying till the end of game.
2. Skin seletion UI at the start of the game.
3. Bank added to the game to store unlocks.
4. Added ping to bounty target.
5. Added passive income increment every 8 minutes to increase the pacing of the game.
6. Taming a pet now announces a message to every players.
7. A mini-game for ending. Winner plays as Butcher!
1. Optimized bounty target triggers.
2. Minor terrain tweaks.
1. Peak event chances to happen increases for every fails.
1. Hack Mechanic - hack enemy player's HQ for cash!
2. New Data Grid shop (+0.5% amount hacked) replacing old Gymoo (+0.25 move speed).
3. HQ has new model.
4. HQ now has hero icon.
5. Upgrade UI added above minimap to keep track of upgrades.
6. Character and HQ now added to control group by default.
7. Five second invulnerable buff after resurrection.
1. Move speed has been increase to 3.5 from 2.5 with the removal of speed upgrade.
2. Out of combat now provides +1 bonus move speed.
1. Updated How To Play screenshot to reflect new shop.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Working on something...
Thanks to all helpful forumers!