You read that right! My humble WoW guild, the <Tauren Marine Corps> is looking for a recruiting spot to feature on the website. Kven, one of the other members, and I have been dabbling in the SC2 editor for some time now, but we just can't muster the finesse and production-value that you in this community have consistently put out. I am therefore ready to commission someone to make this recruiting spot for us.
Here's the deal: :
1) There is no hard deadline, but I will choose the one I want when I see it. We are looking to have it posted to the site in the next few weeks.
2) Upon selection of the winner, I will pay $50 to the creator of the winning submission for the rights to his/her work. We can do this through Paypal, or work something out that works for you.
3) We reserve the right to change/modify the winning submission after paying the creator. We also reserve the right to pick no submission if none of them meet our standards (Though I think that unlikely. This communities standards are proven to be high already).
4) You will be given credit on the website for your work.
What we are looking for in the recruiting spot:
1) An epic-feeling 1-2.5 minute recruiting short for the Tauren Marine Corps focused on the badassery that is the Tauren Marines.
2) Setting should be in the Starcraft universe, not the WoW universe.
3) Mimicking a real-life military recruiting add could work, with your own variations/takes on it, though not required.
4) We want to sell the idea that a few dedicated soldiers/members can do what a horde of undisciplined soldiers/members cannot do. Being "The Few" is something we're proud of. We're not clamoring for recruits, We don't' just invite anyone, and not just anyone gets the title of "Marine." You gotta earn it.
5) There should be some dialogue of some kind. We can take care of the final voicing, so don't focus too much on that (unless you just want to). What we need you to focus on is the video itself. If you give us the video with an explanation like, "Then the narrator says xxxxxx here" or "then the Tauren says, "Milked up and good to go"", we can do the voicing and what not. The same goes for music. We can take care of the music aspect.
6) The phrase, "The Few, the Cow, the Tauren Marines" must be featured.
Here are some more background details on the Tauren Marine Corps:
1) The website is taurenmarinecorps.com, and the video will be featured on the home page as well under the webisodes/videos tab.
2) The backstory of our guild is that we are the remains of the Tauren Marines that fought with the Dominion. We fought on countless worlds, against incredible foes, and incredible odds. Through a twisted series of events, we ended up back on Azeroth, scattered and broken. We are calling all of our lost Tauren brothers back into the herd, as well recruiting any new Tauren to come fight for the Horde in the Corps. The ad does not need to target these groups. It can be a general call to join the Corps.
3) Tauren Marine squads consist of 5-6 marines.
I think that's about it. I am leaving the details to you, as you have all proven to be extremely creative. If there is little response, I will adjust fire accordingly. I look forward to seeing your submissions! If there are any questions, feel free to email me at [email protected]
((I have also posted this in the Team Recruiting thread for exposure))
Really though. I want to pay $50 for someone to get us a recruiting video for our Tauren Marine Corps guild on WoW. Please! Make some money while doing what you love!
I'm busy with work until the end of August, but if you wait so long, I'll give it a shot in September.
This is to be looked into. Will give you feedback.
For live trigger help add me on Skype
Tutorial:Keeping your code clean and organised
Tutorial:Simple Tug of War system
Absolutely. Let me know. The sooner the better.
I've been working on this a little. I've got an alpha for the intro scene. (30 seconds) Remember this is alpha and far from a finished product. Also this was recorded at the lowest possible settings. My computer can't render at ultra and record. Someone else will need to render and record for me.
Updated Version. Better pathing. Camera's have been worked on. Still lots to do. But its taking shape.
Sure i'll draw up a story board and give it a shot. :D I'm a master in final cut and after effects. I should be able to produce 60 - 120 second spot.
Looking great, DarlD!
In case you're wondering, I was surprise-deployed to Afghanistan about a month after I originally posted and haven't had a chance to update here. I finally got some internet and I just wanted to let you know that it's still on! I'm liking what I see DarlD and I'll message you. To all who were or are still interested, it's still on! I'll close this on March 15, 2012 - that's one month from today! At that time I'll pick my favorite and that one will win the $50 prize. Get some money for doing what you love!
Also: Be advised that if there are other entries just as good, or that I would like to caif for my guild's webpage - I'll work with you to buy your work as well!
For the Corps!
Just a couple ads for inspiration and possible templates:
Short but packs a punch - I like
I could see this being tweaked into a Tauren Marine jumping in to orbit in a pod:
Looks interesting. If I have some extra time I might whip something up.
Malum Ruina: SC2Mapster
Eternal Exile: SC2Mapster
Spine Crawler Madness: SC2Mapster
Xeno Crisis: SC2Mapster
You must login to post a comment. Don't have an account? Register to get one!