In my free time I've been rebuilding the game from scratch just to see if I run into any design walls and because I had some spare time.
Here is what I've completed so far:
- Terrain is completely finished
- Recreating Human race first; first two structures and units are finished (stats duplicated from the original precisely)
- Victory, defeat, and income triggers finished
- Spawning effects applied for each unit created so far
- Rescue strike is working (no, it's not just a renamed nuke)
It's not a lot, but I believe with a lot of time invested the original game could be remade.
Here's the sort of help I would need to finish:
Data Entry: Someone who can write down a list of all the units in Castle Fight, their stats, build time, and their tooltips listed
Data Editor Expert: Someone who REALLY knows the editor like I do. You should be able to make your own abilities from scratch and not just rename existing ones.