Lately I've felt like doing some gameplay recordings + commentary. Any suggestions on what maps to play? I kind of like making suggestions on stuff to improve, so stuff that's actively being worked on is probably good. Also thinking about doing multiplayer placement matches just to see what happens... haha.
Played Noir Automata Lvl 4: El Diablo. Will post a link to the video when I have it up on youtube (probably tomorrow). The map has a lot of potential, but there are some definite gameplay aspects that could be improved in my mind. I have suggestions in my video, but here's a few while I wait to get it online:
1. Between having two heroes each with 4 active abilities, I think it's a bit too many abilities to micro. Since you have two heroes, maybe go with 2 active abilities each, similar to the Kerrigan+Artanis Blizzard mission. Some of the active abilities could be turned passive/autocast, especially the defensive ones (the shield ability and hardened carapace one).
2. The player is kind of encouraged to sit around or back track in order to heal. I don't think you should encourage the player to sit around. Perhaps more heal stations, or some kind of out of combat increased regeneration would help. Also heroes just seem a little squishy in general to me, but maybe I'm just a bad player :P.
3. The block the caves with rocks gets redundant after awhile. Maybe mix things up and do something else for some of those.
4. Might be a good idea to slow down the projectile speed of the ravasaur, especially since they come from hire ground where you don't see them immediately. Either that, or decrease their damage. But I recommend the speed decrease as it gives the player a better chance to dodge the attack, and encourage micro.
I ended up dying on the 4th cave. I probably won't try again with the current version, but if you make significant changes and want me to try it out again, let me know!
Less yapping in future please nothing puts me off a playthrough more than people mouthing off.
Also only show playthroughs were you win.
1st point: I want to practice not having a bunch of long drawn out silences. Do you like no talking at all? If so, these aren't for you. Or do you think there are specific instances where it just shouldn't be (such as cut scenes)? Or is there a magic amount of banter (1/2 the video... 1/3, etc?). Is it more appropriate when nothing exciting is happening (such as base building), but shouldn't talk during battles? Just curious if you can be more specific.
2nd point: After thinking about this for a moment... I think it'd be good to keep the loss in the video, but then add a transition of me starting in a spot just before I lost and continuing on. This way the map maker should be able to get optimum feedback.
I guess you could say my videos are less about show casing, and more about providing feedback to creators as well as trying (key word, haha) to provide entertaining commentary. I guess you could say I want it to be a little less like Jay and Deltron's videos (they already do a great job at those types of videos), and a bit more like Husky and Psy. Are those good goals? Or should I try to do more of a showcasing type video? Anyone feel free to answer.
I finished Noir lvl 5. I'll copy the video to here when it's done uploading/etc. I played on normal difficulty. Overall a fun mission, but definitely hard. I have some suggestions in the video, but here are some I think may ease the difficulty without making it too easy.
- On normal difficulty give reavers -25% attack speed. On easy give them -50% attack speed.
- Have killing the pylons make the enemy no longer able to warp in reinforcements.
- When the boss has the invulnerable shield, make it so your units won't attack him (so they'll attack the zealots/cannons instead during that time)