I had a dummy spell with a Launch Missile effect that did nothing (ie didn't have a missile unit or missile mover) because the rest of the spell was triggered.
Post 1.5, when I cast the spell my unit freezes and it says "Unit is trying to launch with an invalid mover"
The fix? Well, why the heck was I using a dummy effect on my entirely triggered spell in the first place? I guess I couldn't figure out how to create a dummy spell a different way. Either way, made it differently and everything works.
Evidently something changed, though, as it it let me do it before.
actually it does.
if you create a map and add the libertymulti dependency it will have all the patch changes just like a default map would in retail.
i dunno why they removed it. i dont mind. since i always remove that dependency when i start a map anyway.
I don't know if it's just happening to me and if it's due to the beta, but apparently some Strings value within the editor itself are missing... I get error messages everytime I load a window or menu from which these Strings are missing. It's actually pretty disturbing having placeholders instead of the phrase that is supposed to go there, especially when it happens on the Publish window or the Arcade Info tabs. Anyway, I've tried restarting the editor and it seems better sometimes, but some Strings are always missing anyway, apparently at random...
I also had a problem where water layers were all looking the same (except their colors) in Ikari Warriors. Their parameters were unchanged but in the editor, they were just displayed as if it was the default texture with no rendering effects (reflections, etc...). Lighting was apparently not working either, because whether I was switching to game or editor lighting, it just looked exactly the same even after pressing V... At first I really thought my map was screwed up, but after a few reloads it was OK.
go into your map dependencies and re-add libertymulti dependency
it's not adding it by default like it used to
(probably because they realised this is why alot of maps break when they update SC2 melee)
Seems like there is a real issue about unacceptable words in the Arcade beta... Read the following post in one of my threads for other examples of how stupid this issue is right now (and unfortunately, there is no solution yet AFAIK):
It doesn't show trigger errors. At least in my map. :(
So something like that you can't check if a button is enabled after creating it.
The trigger throws an error with that, but you can't see it. You just keep clicking the button and think about the condition being not met in the code.
Guardian Shield's damage reduction effect now makes affected units immortal while buffed with that when damage is below or same as reduced amount. However with percentage based reduction (fractions) some damage is dealt after reduction anyways.
@zenx1: Go Go to locale and uncheck the languages your map doesn't have. Some english words may have parts that are an unacceptable word in other languages. It happened to me with Spanish (Mexican) that may map didn't use, but 1.5 checks all languages for your map by default.
Somehow 'Faster' gamespeed setting is not working. Occasionally it locks at 'normal' and I'm unable to change it in the lobby. I've tried republishing and unlocking that option in the editor, it randomly locks into 'normal' speed.