I was invited and I even got into the game itself, but for some reason I can't log into the Editor, therefore I can't publish my map. It ends up giving me this error (https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0p59JhC0g2RdGZnT0xGSmhCWU0 ). I've wiped sc2 totally from my computer and removed the ProgramData files and still nothing :/ Any ideas?
WARNING: If you install 1.5 Alpha on the same computer with which you use to publish your maps, you may run into problems. I have NA, EU, and SEA installed on my main machine and after installing the 1.5 Alpha I can't publish my maps on "live" servers anymore due to header problems related to dependencies. Only solution is to remove triggers, remove dependencies, then re-add dependencies *every time I open a map*. Even if I save in 1.4 editor, then close, then re-open, same header problems exist. I now have to publish them from another machine running the various versions of SC2. I guess I should have put this on a separate test machine. Hopefully no one else wastes time on this.
Publishing notes: I've been able to publish to both Arcade and Starcraft sections. They've added "Melee Spectator", "Trainer", and "Monobattles" to the Starcraft "Custom" section, which has fewer features than the Arcade. I imagine those folks who make melee tools that fit into those categories are going to be scratching their heads as to why not put them in Arcade and gain all the other features?
YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING PRE-RELEASE TEST AGREEMENT (THE "AGREEMENT") BEFORE INSTALLING THIS SOFTWARE PROGRAM. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU MAY NOT INSTALL THIS SOFTWARE PROGRAM.
This pre-release versions of Patch 1.5 for the "StarCraft® II: Wings of Liberty®" software program and any accompanying materials or documentation (collectively, the "Game"), is the copyrighted work of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. ("Blizzard"), or its suppliers. All use of the Game is governed by the terms of this Agreement. This Pre-Release Test of Patch 1.5 to StarCraft® II: Wings of Liberty® (the "Test") provides a limited opportunity during which certain designated people ("Testers") are given the opportunity to test the pre-release version of the "Game." If you are designated by Blizzard as a Tester, then in consideration of your meeting the eligibility requirements set forth below, and agreeing and adhering to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you will be given the opportunity to test the Game.
1. Eligibility. You are only eligible to participate in the Test if:
(i) you have registered a Battle.net® account which is in good standing (the "Account");
(iii) you are a resident of a country located in North, Central or South America, Australia, New Zealand, or Asia (excluding Russia, the People's Republic of China, Taiwan and Korea), and are an adult in your country of residence;
(iv) you allow Blizzard to obtain hardware and software information from the computer system that you will use to take part in the Test (the "System") prior to registration for the Test in order for Blizzard to determine if you are eligible to participate in the Test; and
(v) the System meets the specifications which Blizzard determines are required for the Test.
You understand that Blizzard may change the required system specifications at any time during the Test, and if at any time during the Test your System does not meet the requirements, Blizzard, in its sole discretion, may determine that you are ineligible to continue to participate in the Test, or lift eligibility the restrictions contained herein at any time by providing notice to you through its websites and/or online forums.
2. Grant of License. Blizzard grants you a license to install and use one (1) copy of the Game for your use on one (1) computer which you own or control at your place of residence for the purpose of testing the Game. This license is limited, non-exclusive, and can be revoked by Blizzard at any time, for any reason.
3. Distribution of the Game. The "Blizzard Downloader" utility utilizes the 'upload' capability of your computer to distribute the Game to other participants of the Test. By accepting the terms of this agreement, you agree that Blizzard may distribute the Game using the upload capacity of the System to 'upload' all or part of the Game to other participants of the Test.
4. Ownership. Blizzard owns the Game, including all intellectual property rights in and to the Game and all copies thereof. The Game is protected by the copyright laws of the United States, international treaties and conventions, and other laws. The Game may contain materials licensed by third parties, and the licensors of those materials may enforce their rights in the event of any violation of this Agreement.
5. Map Editor. The Game includes an editing program (the "Map Editor") that allows you to create custom levels, maps, scenarios or other materials which can be used in connection with the retail version of the Game ("Modified Maps") . While users of the trial, or 'Starter,' version of the Game can use the Map Editor to create Modified Maps, those users will not be able to publish Modified Maps on the Service without upgrading to the retail version of the Game. The following terms are specific to your use of the Map Editor:
A. Map Content. You understand that the content required to create or modify Modified Maps is included in the Game, and that all such content is owned by Blizzard and governed by this Agreement. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ALL MODIFIED MAPS ARE AND SHALL REMAIN THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE PROPERTY OF BLIZZARD. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YOU HEREBY ASSIGN TO BLIZZARD ALL OF YOUR RIGHTS, TITLE AND INTEREST IN AND TO ALL MODIFIED MAPS, AND AGREE THAT YOU WILL EXECUTE FUTURE ASSIGNMENTS PROMPTLY UPON RECEIVING SUCH A REQUEST FROM BLIZZARD.
B. User Content Restrictions. You represent and warrant that neither the content you use to create any Modified Maps, nor the compilation, arrangement or display of such content (collectively, the "User Content"), infringes or will infringe any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property right of any third party. You further represent and warrant that you will not use or contribute User Content that is unlawful, tortious, defamatory, obscene, invasive of the privacy of another person, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, racist or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate.
6. User Content Restrictions. You represent and warrant that neither the content you use to create a Modified Map, nor the compilation, arrangement or display of such content (collectively, the "User Content"), infringes or will infringe any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property right of any third party. You further represent and warrant that you will not use or contribute User Content that is unlawful, tortious, defamatory, obscene, invasive of the privacy of another person, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, racist or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate.
7. Tester Responsibilities
(i) You may not copy, photocopy, reproduce, translate, reverse engineer, derive source code from, modify, disassemble, decompile, or create derivative works based on the Game,
(ii) You may not remove any proprietary notices or labels from the Game.
(iii) Without limiting Blizzard's rights hereunder, you agree that you shall not:
a) sell, rent, lease, lend, license the Game to others, grant a security interest in, or transfer reproductions of the Game and/or the Account to other parties, or let any third person use the Game and/or the Account;
b) exploit the Game or any of its parts for any commercial purpose;
c) host, provide or develop matchmaking services for the Game, or intercept, emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by Blizzard in any way, including without limitation, through protocol emulation, tunneling, packet sniffing, modifying or adding components to the Game, use of a utility program or any other techniques now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose, including without limitation unauthorized network play over the Internet, network play utilizing commercial or non-commercial gaming networks, or as part of content aggregation networks; or
d) facilitate, create or maintain any connection to the Game which has not been authorized by Blizzard, including without limitation any connection to any unauthorized server that emulates, or attempts to emulate, the Game.
8. Consent to Monitor. THE GAME MAY MONITOR YOUR COMPUTER'S RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY (RAM) FOR UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAMS RUNNING CONCURRENTLY WITH THE GAME. AN "UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM" IS A THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE, SUCH AS AN "ADDON," "MOD," "HACK," "TRAINER," OR "CHEAT," THAT: (i) ENABLES OR FACILITATES CHEATING OF ANY TYPE; (ii) ALLOWS USERS TO MODIFY OR HACK THE GAME INTERFACE, ENVIRONMENT, AND/OR EXPERIENCE; OR (iii) INTERCEPTS, "MINES," OR OTHERWISE COLLECTS INFORMATION FROM OR THROUGH THE GAME. IF THE GAME DETECTS AN UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM, THE GAME MAY (a) COMMUNICATE INFORMATION BACK TO BLIZZARD THAT COULD INCLUDE YOUR ACCOUNT NAME, IP ADDRESSS, DETAILS ABOUT THE UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM DETECTED, AND THE TIME AND DATE THE UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM WAS DETECTED; AND/OR (b) TERMINATE YOUR ACCESS TO THE TEST.
9. Termination. Blizzard may terminate this Agreement at any time, for any reason, or for no reason. Upon termination of the Agreement, you must destroy the Game and all documents and materials you received from Blizzard in connection with the Test, and remove any elements of the Game from any hard drives on which the Game has been installed.
10. Feedback. During and after the Test, Blizzard may provide you with an opportunity to provide Blizzard with comments, suggestions and impressions of the Game by using the in-program mechanisms provided to supply feedback and bug reports, internal websites and forums, and such other methods. The Game may also include a tool that will allow the System to forward system and driver information to Blizzard in the event of a crash. This tool will collect data on the System during the crash, and allow you to forward a report to Blizzard via electronic mail.
11. Acknowledgments. You acknowledge that:
(i) the Game is a work in progress and may contain bugs which may cause loss of data and/or damage to the System;
(ii) you have, or will, back-up your hard drive prior to installation of the Game;
(iii) you have the resources necessary to easily reinstall your operating system and restore any and all data that may be lost;
(iv) Blizzard is not liable in any way for the loss of data or damage to the System, interruptions of service, software or hardware failures, or loss of data or disruption of service.
(v) Blizzard may monitor and record any and all communications, electronic or otherwise, pertaining to the Game including, without limitation, packets, chat, email, message board postings, etc.;
(vi) Blizzard may delete or modify the information stored by the Game for any reason at any time during the duration of the Test; and
(vii) Blizzard may transfer software program files to the System, including a program that will collect and send Blizzard CPU, RAM, operating system, video card, and sound card information from the System.
12. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE GAME AND ANY ACCOMPANYING DOCUMENTATION IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. BLIZZARD DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. BLIZZARD IS NOT LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, COMPENSATORY, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT AND YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE TEST.
14. Equitable Remedies. You agree that Blizzard would be damaged if you breach the terms of sections 2,3,4,6, and 9-13 of this Agreement, and if you are in breach of one or more of these sections of the Agreement, Blizzard shall be entitled, without bond, other security, or proof of damages, to appropriate equitable remedies with respect to breaches of this Agreement, in addition to any other legal remedies available to Blizzard.
That is *not* an NDA. That's a license agreement. Every game has one, and you can read it when installing that game. An NDA implies you cannot release any information to public, thus the name "Non-Disclosure Agreement". Nothing here that says you cannot disclose anything. I have participated in enough betas and alphas to know what an NDA is. This is not one.
Yeah this is what makes it so confusing. One person says there is, the other says there isn't. If there was an NDA, Blizz needs to be clearer and say it in the email. I'm grateful to be a part of the test, but this is confusing lol.
I can confirm that the client will download and work for people who didn't get an invite.
The UI editor is... disappointing... At Blizzcon they showed an editor that could modify UI elements on the fly, without having to constantly reload the map. This thing is just a simple interface for viewing and editing all that XML. Am I missing something? It's 2 at night here ;P
Also, where are those new triggers that allow manipulation of any ui element? Someone mentioned it a few pages back.
Random cool thing I found: you can specify a separate tutorial map or just make separate variant for it in your current map.