2. Voice Acting quality (in WoL it wasn't quite as good as Broodwar or Vanilla SC would be nice if they could step it up)
3. Dialog quality (needs improvement, it's corny at times)
4. Map Marketplace for Battle.net 2.0
5. Regional Leaderboard feature
6. Ask if there are any plans to further increase the skill gap in between pros and casuals? Currently some people feel the game caters to the casuals a bit too much.
7. Cross region play (are there any plans for it in SC2's lifetime, or at least before LotV is released?)
8. Clan support (when is it coming)
9. Ask if the Lobby UI ingame is going to be revamped? Everything in it is far too bulky and a step backwards from SC1 and even WC3's lobby system.
10. Ask if chat channels could be built into the UI instead of having it in a moveable window? Sort of like how it was in SC1/WC3?
11. Are we going to be able to name our custom games in the map list, and will we ever be able to put a password on them? This system is a lot easier than the current "make public" system, and we currently cant name our custom games.
12. Are there any plans to make Battle.net 2.0 feel more like a community? I feel so cut off and lonely when using it, even with chat channels, etc.
13. Ask if they have any plans for a specialized UI similar to the Game UI for replays. The specialized UI would include some if not all of the stats and information you can currently see located outside the traditional Game UI. This would free up space on the screen and make everything less cluttered. You should be able to toggle between this special UI and the usual Game UI. The frame of it should be similar to the Game UI, but with different items located within it.
It would be amazing if Blizzard could implement #13. And I think they would probably agree, if they had enough time to do such a thing. Please consider asking some of these Sixen! :D
Please ask them about official model conversion between 3ds Max and SC2.
Also perhaps, ask if they have plans to make it possible to move the point a camera looks at without moving the actual camera object (if that's clear). Right now only the camera moves and the focal point is stationary. If it was possible to move just the camera, it would be much simpler to find a point the camera is looking at, which would definitely allow for a flawless traceline function.
If that isn't possible, then obtaining the position of the mouse in relative camera mode. Since the mouse doesn't technically move (because it's always in the center of the screen), using Mouse Moved as an event doesn't allow for getting the world position at the center of the screen, which would also serve as a functional traceline.
I hate to have to say this, you seem like a nice guy Sixen and i'm happy for you, but it seems like the map community is suffering (and has suffered) for blizzards preferential treatment of websites that cater to their whims and smile while the whole community goes down the tubes. Just seems so shysty on their end, throw out a couple back stage passes and suddenly they have major influence of a community they have outright trampled over.
I would much prefer transparency to the community and fans who have poured a year into their failure of a custom map service, to this day still giving them the benefit of the doubt. Moves like this seem like BS to be frank and a slap in the face to the grunts on the front lines making the maps because they trust blizzard. I could be wrong, maybe they will answer all kinds of hard hitting questions about what has happened and what will occur, I will be pleasantly surprised.
Not a personal attack on you sixen, stoked you get to see blizz again, you're dedicated to this and you've earned it, i'd do the same thing in your shoes and I were your age. But blizzard has been relying on their fans' blind optimism to help keep their eyes off their intentional negligence regarding the mapping community for too long without taking any form of responsibility. I'd like to think you're about to hold their hand to the fire, but i'm more inclined to believe you'll simply be star struck. What would be awesome is if they brought you over with a fan made list of important questions and answered them honestly with the intent of righting what's wrong with a bit of acknowledgment of what has occurred over the past year.
Again, it would be great if creation22 was heading over too, and blizzard fulfilled a single promise to this beaten community.
I'd like to think you're about to hold their
hand to the fire, but i'm more inclined to believe you'll simply be star
struck. What would be awesome is if they brought you over with a fan
made list of important questions and answered them honestly with the
intent of righting what's wrong with a bit of acknowledgment of what has
occurred over the past year.
There's a reason they invited Sixen and not Bounty and Mephs :P
Stuff I've worked on: Carbot's StarCrafts Mod (2014-present) StarCraft 2 Hotkey Trainer (2010) | Mineralz Evolution (2011+) | Dungeon Legacy (2013+) | Phoenix TLMC 4 Entry (2014) Assisted: City of Tempest (2012) | BarCraft (2013) | Poker Defense (2014) and a few more.
Something very but very important if you are going to ask about the Star Tools.
Ask for which version of 3dsmax are they compiled to and if they are going to recompile them for lastest version.
This was a big issue with wc3's ArtTools since they only worked for versions 4 and 5 of 3dsmax and by the time they had released the tools these versions were outdated.