1. Rebug the popularity system, set it to cycle every 75 to 100 hours rather than 18 like when it was bugged. Set maps that make it to the top of the list only go back to about 40 hours so that they can get back to the top faster than maps that have never been at the top, to be fair.
2. Add a favorites option to Join Game and Create Game menus
3. Add a search bar to the Join Game menu
4. Remove message limits on private chat channels (possibly even just channels with less than 40 people)
Lights can be cool to use for abbilities, ie a abbility where everything goes black and white etc.
But currently all players have the same light settings, so you can't use this in multiplayer.
If it was posible to set lights per player we could use it more creatively than just "night and day".
Object Scaling Bug:
Copy / Pasting certain object that have altered XYZ scale can in rare cases cause the object to go back to the original size
1. Increase the map size limit so we can do great things like implement high quality (legal/licensed) custom music, dozens of custom models with animations, custom voice overs, and custom UI for a few examples. (Major)
2. Let us know details about the map marketplace far before the marketplace arrives so we can prepare accordingly. Will Blizzard be getting a cut of sales? If so how much? If they do take a cut, could they consider not taking one for the first year or so to allow maximum growth in serious mod teams and help them get off to a better start? (Major)
3. In the data editor, allow the tabs (Units, Behaviors, Actors, etc etc) to pop out in a seperate mini window so we can see the tabs along the full width of our screens, or adjust the data editor window so the tabs can simply utilize the full width of our screen. (Minor)
4. Release an optional (or mandatory if you don't mind) content patch that includes more generic models that we can attach to current models and such. For example, melee weapons, guns, and armor. Also maybe include a handful of generic models that would be used to attach these items to without much trouble. You implemented fruit and other objects like dollar signs, treasure chests, and gemstones in a late beta patch, now how about some more diversity in what's available! (Minor)
5. I've heard in the past that legal issues surround allowing us to be able to post maps to all regions via one account, but I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and say that I'd love it if that was possible to do. It would help out tremendously down the road, but I'm doubtful about this one from what I've heard. (Major)
Stuff I've worked on: Carbot's StarCrafts Mod (2014-present) StarCraft 2 Hotkey Trainer (2010) | Mineralz Evolution (2011+) | Dungeon Legacy (2013+) | Phoenix TLMC 4 Entry (2014) Assisted: City of Tempest (2012) | BarCraft (2013) | Poker Defense (2014) and a few more.
Right now I'd be happy with just the art tools they promised, having more documentation like BorgDragon said would also be wonderful.
Oh, and better map/bank protection, the one we have right now kinda prevents people from implementing something such as a reward system based on your number of wins / etc. because it would be hacked easily.
I would like to have a timer that can go under 1/32 (or 1/16 as the editor's tips says) second. In WarCraft 3 we could have a timer ticking every 0.005 second if we wanted, that was just great.
About cliff : more than two please.
Please, why did you Blizzard removed pointers ? WHY OMG ?! Just put it back, I just can't understand why you removed something that took time to your programmers to do. We just need it.
Well, Blizzard I want to tell you that the new GUI rocks. It's soooo well made, really : great job. But WHY can't we just put written script in the editor itself ?! Why can't we just - like in WarCraft 3's World Editor - write some script into the editor ?! Personally, I don't like the GUI interfarce, I prefer write my own code, but I am forced to write it in a writer software, then import the files I modified via the import manager, then save the map, then test it. Do you know something that gets more boring ?
- I'd like to influence Gameplay Options of players. Especially Subtitle Override for cinematics.
- add a default portrait talk animation.
- add air pathing painting.
- make regions paintable like terrain pathing.
In my honest opinion the following are three glaring issues that have halted my personal development for Starcraft 2 and would be among the top issues other developers have quit or are on hiatus.
Custom Map Size Limit - Please either set this to a reasonable limit (1gb minimum), or allow for developers to buy additional storage space at reasonable rates.
Custom Map List - Please add an option to display custom maps similar to that seen in Warcraft 3, it is the one true unbiased "popularity" system, the only tweaks needed are filters so that players may only see genres they might be interested in playing, and maybe add some kind of map report feature to prevent spam and abuse. If for whatever reason this goes against some modern "design philosophy", at least add a category for viewing newly uploaded maps so they at least have some sort of fighting chance.
Bank Manipulation - Please add some kind of solution that makes the existence of banks viable, data that needs to be stored in banks is usually important, and the ability to edit that data at a whim completely destroys it's integrity and the integrity of the map it is used for. For example, how many player's would play World of Warcraft (or at least for how LONG would players play) if they could open a file in notepad and give themselves whatever level or items they wanted. With the power that the Galaxy editor brings, it is immensely disappointing that there is yet a big void to be filled.
The Custom Game List cannot be fixed by a smarter sorting, by a random sorting or by adding a search.
The only existing problem is that nobody can see my game if I create a game of a map I like to play. This can only be fixed if the current system is abandoned and a system like in Wc3 is used which is a good basis to start with because its few problems can easily be fixed whereas the current system is impossible to fix.
Concerning the editor: We should be able to extend the editor by additional tools without hacking it:
- Run something like andromeda on save
- Other tools should be able to edit data while the map is opened by the editor (this would allow us to develop alternative data editors which could be easier or more effective to work with or just specialized for a certain task [for example a tool which is just a wizard for adding a chainlightning spell to a map])