I am currently under the process of working on a very large project with lots of complicated stuff involved. Recently I've been attempting to through ally learn and understand UI. Since I have lots of questions I am likely to ask here, I will be creating a table contents as the thread progresses so others reading this can learn from what is said here. I prefer to keep most of my questions confined to mega threads for organizations purposes. So starting with todays first question and first topic. This first question is a follow up from my discussion with Dr.Superevil here. https://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/development/triggers/231907-a-number-of-questions-about-trigger-related-issues?page=3
Table of Contents:
1. How to remove that move animation of these UI Calldown panels without causing the animation to be stretched? 2. Changing Alerts based on race?
1. How to remove that move animation of these UI Calldown panels without causing the animation to be stretched?
This happens whenever I remove this:
or this section of code:
Now I've concluded that what I want to do is hide the console ui and fill in the missing pieces by adding UI Models. This is because when you change the race of a player, one also has to change the alert sounds, the generic uis and fill in lots of other stuff. I am not quite sure how to do all of this yet so I am looking into this method should I not be able to figure it out that soon. Anyways what I want to know is how I can show that call down panel model it moving at all, but without it stretching either like seen.
2. Changing Alerts based on race?
This might be the wrong section for this as this is technically not a UI question, but people here may know this one. I've learned how to change the console his based on race, but what I am not clear on is how to change the alerts based on race. Alerts such as "You need more supply depots". My gut is telling me it is done a similar way to consoles, but I am unsure how and what information is needed.
1. So you are saying it is going from normal to stretched? With the setup I used for my demo map the stretching is based on the scale of the Model type actor (from the Actors data type) hosted on the portrait actor. The animation should just move the entire parent frame into position. If you want to replace the console models you do not need any animations to change anchoring positions and are going to have to set the portraits that they do not accept mouse hit (<AcceptsMouse val="false"/>) and then create a dummy button with a <HitTestTexture val="xxx.dds"/> property that uses a texture mask in the outline of the console model.
2. You mean all the stuff found under the Alerts data type? The race is determined by the 4 letter race attribute ID added onto the Alert name ID. eg AddOnComplete_Prot.