I had put a lot of time into a map several years ago. I tried it recently on battle.net and managed to create a lobby and start the game, but when the game loaded it simply crashed. I opened the map and fixed a few issues and errors, starting it in test mode worked perfectly. I reuploaded the map under a new name, and then tried to make a lobby. This time I couldn't even make a lobby as it threw an "ATTRIBCACHE_CORRUPT_MAP".
Does anyone know how to handle this? I would love to restore my map and play it with other people again. I wouldn't mind spending extra time remaking it, but I am not sure how I can export all the data and import it into a new map either (if that will fix it at all).
The map uses Renee's Warcraft 3 mods.
P.S. If anyone is interested, the map is called "Recruiters" and it is unlocked on EU and US.
> This time I couldn't even make a lobby as it threw an "ATTRIBCACHE_CORRUPT_MAP".
It's a generic error indicating there's something wrong with setup of the game variant - anything that relates to attributes, player slots etc.
> P.S. If anyone is interested, the map is called "Recruiters" and it is unlocked on EU and US.
I did take a quick look and a possible cause could be the fact that the map's default variant overrides certain attributes for player slots - like commanders, logo index.. try to get rid of this.
Also the way you're using player 15 could possibly have something to do with it. Player 15 is intended to be a special player that defaults to "Hostile" type, like player 0 defaults to "Neutral". You seem to have changed it to "computer". This shouldn't cause that error though.. but that's definitely something I'd check too - try to change it back to "hostile" and reduce team size to 2 in variants.
In case you actually need that player to be of "computer" type, then I'd recommend using another player slot for it.
Ultimately, you can try removing your custom variant completely, and remaking it - there might be something set incorrectly that editor is not showing. Variants and attributes are pretty complex systems, and prone to bug out when working on a map made on older versions of SC2.
Solved through Discord - The War3 Terrain (GA) asset was causing it, so I changed the tileset and removed the dependency. On top of that I had some custom UI layout settings that I had to delete. Doing that fixed the map.