I have recently been working on a very basic map with the purpose to simulate the predator-prey relationship after the Lotka-Volterra model my biology teacher taught us back in my school days.
The idea is wolves for example eat rabbits so their population is dependent on the rabbits population. More rabbits more wolves. Less rabbits, less wolves.
My Idea was to see whether it was possible simulate that relationship in the editor to generate graphs for the prey population over time and the predators population over time. The result should be two phase shifted sine graphs, determining their population and dependency of the wolves on the rabbits.
This was somewhat inspiring to me and ever since I have had map ideas based around this dynamic popping up in my head.
My suggestion is drawn from this basic idea and I am highly interested to see what great ideas will develop
So my suggestion for a WTE is:
Create a map on which an ecosystem cycle is running, featuring several species that are dependent on each other.
It could be species1 eats species2 eats species 3 or species 1 can only breed when having sth. species 2 creates within its life cycle.
The map should feature
- several species: animal, human, alien, plant, robot... be creative
- species should be somewhat dependent each other
- make sure no species becomes extinct (too quickly)
- The result should be a interesting to watch eco cycle
- optional: Find a way for the player to interact with that cycle without being able to stop the natural cycle from
Let me know what you think of the idea. If you want to modify the idea, feel free to do so :)