Hi I'm interested in actors, weapons these days and I'd like to ask some questions
1. I have an model that has a blade and I have the attack motion. And I want it to spin 360 degrees and play the attack motion to look like it's swinging around. I could play the animation but I don't know how to make it spin.
Also I have a problem with the viking unit. Unlike units that flies steady such as phoenixes, wraiths, broodlords vikings tilts a bit when he turns or fly curve. Because of that the turret z point is messed up and looks like its gonna crash at any second. I tried the turning rate field but it didn't work.
2. While I was browsing some actors I got curious the difference between the Phoenix Missile actor and the Tempest Missile actor. Phoenix's missile launches from the center then curves a little but Tempest's missile just goes in a straight line. I'm just wondering that I can adjust or customize the movement. Actually I'm not even sure whether missile type actors determines the movement of missiles.
3. When you look at any projectiles firing they hit objects randomly in proportion of size of the object. I'd like to raise the density of the random offsets.
The tilting is caused by a Banker (Unit) type actor created by the Unit actor. Just adjust the settings until it looks right for you.
2. I believe the phoenix missile curve at launch is an animation of the model. You can get missiles to launch to the side at the start (like the scout) by having a Mover with a Throw movement phase before reverting to the normal driver for the mover. Read the tutorial by blizzard about movers if you want to make a complex mover for your missiles.
3. The Action actor determines the impact locations of projectiles. The Combat: Impact Attachment Query - Methods field handles the attachment using Attach Methods which usually go for the Target attachment points on the models. You can also use SOp(Random Point In Sphere) site operations in the Combat: Impact Site Operations - Operations field to increase the scatter around an attachment point.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Contribute to the wiki (Wiki button at top of page) Considered easy altering of the unit textures?