1. Make sure the first effect in the effect tree can target unit/point.
2. Look in the Cutscenes editor what the animation is called. It might need a dedicated event action to play the specific animation.
3. No idea. An alternative would be to use a once off Buff behaviour with an initial Create persistent or triggers that create the units validating if they can be placed at the point.
4.1. Use Model type actors for that. Under the Art: Model field set your model, under Hosting: Host - Subject set the actor to attach the model onto and under Hosting: Host Site Operations - Operations put in your SOps. Always have a SOp (Attachment) SOp first to specify which attachment point of the host model to attach the model onto followed by any offset and rotation SOps. Under the events for the Model actor you need to set how it will respond but it is preferable to leave creation of the attachment actor to the host actor (that way it also appears during placement). If an attachment needs to act like a turret and lacks a TurretZ attachment point use a 0 opacity turret as an attachment that your visible attachment is hosted on.
4.2. Under the Cutscenes editor. Under the Render menu the Show Geometry submenu there is the Attachment Points option. You can then go to the Attachments Folder of the model using the Show Model Data option (Shift + D) and clicking on any will highlight it on the model in the Cutscenes editor.
5. Using triggers it might be possible but I lack enough experience to tell how.
6.1. The blizzard tutorial on movers is quite good.
To quote it about clearance "Clearance - This is the closest the missile can come to the ground. It is useful for missile types that might collide with cliff edges when attacking targets from above or below. It is best avoided with ballistic drivers."
6.2. You could just make one using several triangular arc searches facing towards the centre.
7. Use the .m3a file for the campaign colossus variants under the Animations: Animations (Optional) field of the model under the Models data type.
8. Was that not part of the nova art mod?
9. Give them an Avoid type mover set to Scaler under the Movement: Pathing Mode field.
10.1. Make a Buff with a damage response that reduces the damage taken (Combat: Damage Response - Modify Fraction)and make it only activated by the desired Damage effects under the Combat: Damage Response - Require Effect Array field. Make this buff then use a Requirement that needs your upgrade.
10.2. Problem with that is prioritising which one gets to do the damage and which one does not. Just have Unit Compare Behavior Count validators on the Damage effects.
In short the Arm Magazine ability is similar to the Spawn behaviour in that created units are subjected to a leash range however it is similar to a Train ability in that the units produced can be queued (there is also a flag for automatic production like broodlords). Spawned units are forced to attack the target of the Attack ability of the host unit. The spawned units can be external like broodlords or be internal like carriers. The ammo units of the ability can also be teleported/sacrificed by Use Calldown effects like the ghost nuke.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Contribute to the wiki (Wiki button at top of page) Considered easy altering of the unit textures?
Yes. It is released as Megaton Big Game Hunters+Ground Units Battles. However at the moment all of the custom models and icons are not loaded simply to keep the editor moving fast. They will be uploaded soon. Its going to be amazing. As of right now the core majority of things are done and I am just trying to get new special abilities added, all the final structures, polish up things and check for balance issues. If you'd like I can add you in Sc2 and let you know when its ready. Its final milestone of competition to being reasonably playable in pvp should be reached within the month.
2. When I checked the original model actor, it was playing something called globaloopmacromore. When I added this macro to the present model actor, it fixed the problem.
3. Simply made it possible to walk through the Turret Towers.
4.1 This did not work for some reason. I may have done it wrong in some way. I want to make a few more attempts at this in multiple situations before I decide I need more help figuring this out.
5. Np. Its low priority anyway.
6.1 Yes. That tutorial proved to be very helpful. I understand a lot more clearly now.
7. Can you elaborate on this a bit more? I searched up colossus.m3a and just got regular colossus models. What do I need to search up to find these?
8. I'll keep looking harder. Only added the nova mod recently so its likely I will find it soon or later.
10.2 I think I'll just let this be for now.
11. Very helpful. That helped a lot.
Now the questions I have for today:
1.1 How to get the worker count UI to show up on my Primal Hatchery.
Workers mine just fine from Primal Hatcheries, but there is simply no UI displaying the worker count at the hatchery. I wanted to know how to get this to show up.
1.2 Robotics Facility functioning as a nexus
A while ago, I copied a nexus and changed it around to make it into a robotics facility, cause there was problems with textures using many other types of protoss structures for some reason. Problem is that I still have yet to figure out how to remove prevent the robotics facility from functioning as a nexus. Workers will bring minerals to it and a worker count will show up like at a normal nexus.
2. Coming Back to the Char Crashing Debris
You may remember a while ago on page 2 I asked how I could make Char Crashing debris randomly appear falling down. Not only have I now figure out how to do this, but I got the debris to cause damage on impact thanks to a greater understanding of effects, behaviors and actors. Now the real issue I am facing now is randomization. I recall you said that it is necessary to link create persistent in a chain. I would like some more elaboration on exactly how to set up this chain. To be more specific. What periods should be set in each create persistent starting from the beginning to the last? Are there certain offsets I should set in the beginning. Any other important things to tag or highlight in each? I want the char crashing debris to fall anywhere within 36 range randomly.
3. How to remove Certain types of Collection Skins and Icons
Since I have black ops as a faction in this mod, it would not be ideal to have Raynor's Raider's Showing up as special ops units if someone has the skin. Same goes with the icons. One of the skins icons for primal roach is also overriding the primal roach icon I am using.
4. About the Digester's new effect
Recently I decided to set it up so that the Digester spawns infested upon its death. Here is the problem though. The infested are appearing as enemies and I want them to be sided with the Digester upon their death. Under behavior that I am using which causes damage to all the units inside the digester(which is also the one which spawns infested at its removal), I am trying to figure out which one of these to select in order to make them owned by the digester. Note: The behavior I speak of here is a buff ability, but not an iterate transport ability. Its working though.
Now one more thing to note. I don't want the digester to own the units till the end of the behavior.
5. Where can I find the splat model that displays the pylon power field?
For a while I've been looking for this and I might have already looked at the correct model, but the models I've looked at don't seem to have the correct one. I want some to know of these so I can tint a version of them red and orange for tal'darim and purifier.
For now. This will be all. I need to get some sleep now.
4.1. Give me a list of the symptoms and I could tell you in more detail what is not working. Not appearing can be because it is inheriting the opacity of the host model or you forgot to create the attachment model under the events. Appearing as a ball is if you forgot to set the model under the Art: model field. Not holding onto the host actor means you messed something up in the hosting fields.
7. It is called Colossus_SwarmAnims.m3a and ColossusOptionalAnims.m3a and are part of one of the campaign dependencies. Just type in .m3a in the search to find it pretty fast.
1.1 Under the Unit actor for your hatchery the UI: Status Harvester Data fields.
1.2 For the worker count read 1.1. As for being used as a resource drop off go to the Units data type and modify the Behavior: Resource Drop Off field.
2. The first persistent has as many periods as you want the number of crashing debris per wave. You may want to give the first ones several random durations so that the debris appearing is not simultaneous. With the remaining 2-4 persistents have them only use one period. All persistents are to use the maximum possible number of period offsets that are in circles. Experiement with different radii.
This image shows the sort of area that can be covered using only two persistents:
And 4 (although this pic shows the intersection density when using halved radii mainly):
Where the edges of the circle intersect results in a point of higher probability that cascades down to the intersections of downstream persistents. The combined radaii of all the persistents must equal your total range (36). I recommend each persistent has a smaller radius than the previous with the final persistent having a large radius again. For the second persistent make it the radius of the first minus the radius of your structure. I cannot give you exact values.
3. Odd. If you are making completely new units they should not be affected by skin options of the player. I do not know of a solutions other than triggers that detect if it is not the correct icon/skin and changing it back on map initialization.
4. Sounds more like the Effect: Spawn Owner - Value of the Create Unit effect needs to be set to caster.
5. Look at the Power type actor also called Power. That uses two Splat type actors called UnpoweredVisual and PowerVisual. Splats are however very resilient when it comes to modification through events. An alternative is to texture swap Model actor using a splat model like the zerg aoe cursor and then use that instead. One downside of using the Model actor is that it loses the ability to autoscale to the behaviour/effect radius so needs to be scaled manually.
3. The problem was that some units were starting in the mineral line. However its somewhat fixed now indirectly. I simply made the starting objects in the mineral line able to be walked through. No collision.
This is what the model addition actor of the model which is supposed to be hosted looks. Its not showing up as a ball. Just nothing is happening at all. The attachment point I specified on the attachment site actor was overhead and there was only one overhead attachment point. I started out testing this with the hatchery first before attempting it on the legs. The attachment query's fallback is also set to ignored. Nothing else has been done on the attachment actor.
7. When I searched this up and tried to add them to the cutscene editor, I got a message saying, there was an error loading your request. I wonder if this is something exclusive to the Mac editor. Maybe I am just doing something wrong.
1.1 and 2 Going to be trying these today.
2. Well this is good news. This has finally been solved and its been an issue I've been struggling to understand for a while. More important is I understand it now and can apply it to other aspects in mod. I set it up starting with an outer ring and moved inward as you said. I still think I need to adjust the radi a bit better when it moves towards center, but its working great. Just as intended.
3. This is only happening with the button. I'll try making a new button and see if this fixes it.
4. This did not work although I think I may have a solution to this one. I think for this to work then the Digester itself would need to be the caster. to that end I think I need to set up an iterate transport ability and use it to apply the buff from the digester via the iterate transport then upon death adjust the spawn owner to the caster.
5. Disappointing, but not impossible. After all if it was too easy everyone would be doing it. Okay how about this. Could it be possible to try applying the orange energizer power field to other purifier pylons. I may attempt tinting the Tal'darim pylon field later on.
Here is a few new questions. These are some of the more advanced questions I was trying to learn more about before consulting you about.
1. How to make a beam weapon shooting at a target?
Now I realize there is a lot of steps to this and I am not asking for an entire walkthrough on everything step by step. Specifically what I would like to know is how does someone make the beam animation point at a specific target as its being used.
2. How to make units Jump towards a location or be affected by movers at a specific time?
You may recall, I was trying to get the Hunterling to work and be able to use its jump properly. I recall you said something about needing an augment ability for it. I might be able to actually understand what you mean better now. I had a look at augment abilities and noticed a number of units including raptor zerg specified under them, however I couldn't make sense of it. What confuses me is also if I am supposed to use a missile actor or effect to temporarily make it move toward a location. Since they are units after all, wouldn't they remain units?
3. Issue with one of the damage response fields.
This may be a Mac only issue. I am not sure. Specifically the Total Damage Multiplier, Vital Gained from Damage Taken, Vital Leech from Damage Dealt. For some reason all of these won't let you click on them to bring up the panel to adjust their values and when I use table view I am finding new result for them. Not even under damage response. This is a problem since I was hoping to use all three of those for certain types of behaviors.
4. Question about what these mean?
I understand what caster means and neutral player, but I wanted a bit of elaboration on what each of the other one's refer to.
4. Try using the SOpAttachOverhead SOp and see if that makes a difference. Also could I see screenshots of any actor events added to the host and to the attachment?
7. To look at .m3a files you need to open the model for the unit actor first and then select it in the cutscene editor before opening the .m3a file. They cannot be opened by themselves since they just contain animations.
2. Remember to use the max number of offsets possible per ring.
4. So you are saying buffs applied to cargo via the Transport ability uses the cargo as the caster?
5. Very easily you just need to change the Splat actor used by the Power actor created by the behaviour.
1. Use an Action actor and specify your Beam (Simple) actor under the Art: Beam field. Make sure there is no Missile actor in the Art: Missile field since having a value in both fields caused the Action actor to stop working. Or are you after something more complex?
2. Under the Launch Missile effect you specify no Effect: Ammo Unit and no Effect: Death Type. This uses the caster unit as the ammo launching it to the target point. No additional actors are needed but consider giving the unit a Jumper pathing mode mover. Augment type abilities use an effect followed immediately by ordering the use of an ability at the same target without disrupting the order queue. This means that it can cast an effect and ability before continuing with any other queued tasks.
3. Disable the Combine Structure Values option for the editor and look at them under Table View. This makes all fields appear as a list. I find it easier to modify stuff that way and some extra fields then show up.
4. Outer refers to the containing unit if the caster/target is a cargo unit for a container like in a transport or bunker. Creator is the Source player. Hostile is player number 15 (hostile to everything). Player Origin is the original player to have owned the unit is it changes ownership eg. by neural parasite. Source is the previous unit targeted in the effect tree so for long effect trees targeting multiple units like the mutalisk weapon the source is not the same as the caster. Target is the target of the current effect.
4. Going to try this soon. I will respond again once I've attempted this.
7. Very helpful advice. Now there is just two issues though. I don't know if his is beyond our control however. Once I opened the animations and try to test them on the pylon cannon. The animations would not play when I selected the appropriate animations. I also added both of those colossus m3a animations to the optional field. They showed up, but were not playing on the pylon cannon. They work on the original colossus models.
Now the fundamental other problem I realized is that the animations I needed are for the colossus legs walking. These ones don't have any of those. I wonder if there might be a way to add animation for specifically the colossus of the legs walking and get it working. If this can't be done. Its fine. I can just leave a note on the button of the unit stating that there is no leg walking animation for the pylon cannon.
2. Well noted. I have some more space left to fill up.
5. Going to try this soon.
1 and 2. Will be trying soon.
One more question.
5. How to make a model appear specifically at a target/point location that does not have a host unit or actor?
I am trying to give the tal'darim legionnaires an ability that uses the temporal field model. I want the temporal field to instantly appear at the target/point location. I have the effects set to be able to target/point, but whenever it uses the temporal field ability, it appears around the tal'darim legionnaires unit and not at the specified location. How could I get it to appear at a location clicked on by the mouse?
5. Use none under the Hosting: Host - Subject and SOps. I usually copy the Banshee Carpet Bomb Model actor of the banshee. There are also some Site Operation (Basic) setting that can to that. Alternatively do like the WoL lurker and use Attach Set Bearings actor event actions to set the bearings.
5. Been busy a few days. Going to get back to this very soon.
There is a number of questions today, although my knowledge of behaviors, effects actors and the editor in general has gotten so much better aside from triggers and that realm. Most of the questions I asked you in the past of this thread I either now have solved or have figured out how to solve soon or later. So lots of this is some of the more advanced stuff(either or I just have not learned yet.)
1. Further in depth about beams.
You've taught me that I need a simple beam actor to make a basic beam for an attack with no missile specified. That is good to know. However when I tried this with the photon cannon I was trying to give a lazar, it only partially solved the problem it seems. The Lazar started shooting, but it did not shoot at its target and was somewhat distorted at the launch point. I'll give you a run through about what I am trying to make beams for, what I currently know and what I would like to know. Examples of things I am trying to use beams for:
-Give a photon cannon a lazar that deals damage over time. Stronger against armored units.
-I am trying to give a Tal'darim Adept, a channeling ability that which it leeches health from the target unit over time using this beam.
Now. I may use another type of beam, but once I learn how to do it then I should be able to customize it of course.
These are the time prime examples of what I want to use beams for. I also want to give Alarak another type of beam attack and also some of the Hybrids as well. Important to learn this first of course. Now I'd made missile before that one can shoot at enemies and cause effects to happen. I am familiar with the action actors and such. I do especially need more elaboration on how to set up the effects. I would like a more in depth run through on the steps necessary to create a proper beam weapon if its not too much to ask.
2. How to set up player and clan decals
Some players have notice that clan and player decals were not showing up in game and for protoss one of the decals always shows up as dominion decal. This is one of those issues I've been putting off for a while. I wanted to know one may set it up so player and clan decals show up properly.
3. Some trouble getting Zagara's frenzy ability working(and similar abilities)
My aim was for frenzy exactly like done in co-op. First off, here is what went wrong. When I attempted to use the ability it ultimately said I needed a target. Here is how my attempt was set up step by step:
1. First I created a Search ability that searches for only player and allied units. The search range is 500 so map wide.
2. Created a behavior that increased the movement speed multiplier to amount to a 25% increased in speed and the attack speed multiplier to amount to a 15% increase in speed with a duration of 20.
3. Next I set up an apply behavior effect. Set that behavior to it and applied the search behavior to it.
4. Then I created an effect-instant ability and put the search effect under Basic(Effect):Effect section.
5. Created the button and model actor for the behavior visual then placed it on Zagara. That was a walk in the park.
Now I think I am on point with most of the things here, but I assume I must have done something wrong of course otherwise it would be working. Any idea what I might have missed?
4. How to Shoot Multiple Missile at one target while maintaining only one effect.
Lets say just for visual appeal, you want to make multiple missiles of a certain type shoot at a certain target rather than just one, how would you go about doing this? I don't see a field under launch missile effects to launch more than one type of missile.
5. How to tint certain types of difficult to tint weapons.
There is a number of weapons that I am trying to get tinted. I wanted some advice on how to possibly get some of them tinted if possible. Some of them would look great under different tints. Here is a few examples of models I am trying to tint:
-The aiur zealot whirlwind attack. I would like it tinted red.
-Slivan's puke attack.
-Pylon Splat. You read this one from earlier of course.
In general I'd like to know how to tint lots of different types of models since it can open up a wide variety of possiblities.
6. How to reduce the frequency of the char crashing Debris.
This issue is almost completely resolved. Basically all I need to do now is learn to control the frequency of the char crashing debris drops. I recall you said something about having as many periods as you want waves. Can you elaborate on this a bit more? I have about 10 linked persistents with 1 period each at about .5 duration just for testing. Now I've changed the durations around a bit and it has not seemed to do much except delay the time the shots start raining down. What about the period count? Lets say I want to have 1 char crashing debris rain down every 3 seconds or so, how would I do this? Right now its about 3 per second.
For now this is all. When I am less tired I am going to take another crack at that bile launcher also.
7. Guess you will have to resort to blender if someone has not made the animations already.
1. What beam model are you using? Beams are Y distorted to fit the distance between caster and target. So you want a beam constantly shooting at the target similar to the Nova - Domination ability from WOL? You then probably want a Create Persistent effect to create your beam actor and use the scope of the effect to determine the target under hosting.
Best way to test beams is to have two attached Model actors as attachments and have the Beam (Simple) actor using the one as the launch host and the other as the impact host.
If a beam/tentacle model is used for a Missile actor for a Launch Missile effect the one end will be connected to the caster while the other will be at the point of the missile. Using the Reference Set event action beams can be rehosted just like tentacles.
With all your examples you want a channelled weapon/ability using a Create Persistent effect.
2. Never looked into decals for specific players. Probably best fixed with triggers to texture swap the actors after game initialization since decal selection is heavily linked to the game engine. Try this:
3. First use an Effect - Instant ability. Second check the validators on the first effect. Step 3 needs more elaboration. Are you saying you have an ability that uses a Search Area that uses an Apply Behavior effect which applies your Buff behaviour? You applied any target filters to your ability?
4. Typically a Create Persistent effect or Set effect is used to launch several instances of Launch Missile effects. If you just want visual differences you could get the Missile actor to do a model swap on creation based on the PassChance term.
5. You mean the Void Zealot Whirlwind Search Model? Roach - Attack Missile? Give it a custom Model type actor for the Combat: Impact Model field of the Slivan Puke Action actor.
Abilities often create Model type actors for their visual effects so just tint those actors directly. With Action type actors you need to tint the Model type actors used for the launch and impact models.
6. Have as many periodic offsets as possible not periods. Use the Effect: Period Count field to limit the number of periods. On the first Create Persistent effect you determine how many periods you want per duration of your behaviour periodic effect. You then use the Random Offset and Random Period flags from the Effect: Flags field to vary the timing and offsets. All other persistents use a single value of 0 for the period durations and only use 1 for the period count while using the max possible random offsets.
For your example have your behaviour use the periodic effect every 3 seconds and your persistents all use only one period count.
Okay, before I can continue with anything else. A major problem came up that must be addressed. Some of the custom icons files I loaded into editor seem to have made the main file of the project I was working on go corrupt for whatever reason. There was an error message before saying that the core file could not be found and this happened right when I was uploading the game. I was not able to stop the upload in time and when I finally realized what had happened and now both main files are lost. I looked in my main file. All unique units and actors have been scrubbed clean including imported assets. Now here is the good news. I have a somewhat recent version of the mod that I can continue working from(thankfully). It be so depressed as hell if it was all completed deleted and I had no choice, but starting from scratch. Now here is my questions specifically in this regards:
1. I understand that the editor regularly back ups documents in case something goes wrong like this. Where can I find the backup?
2. What could have possibly cause the main game file to go corrupt after adding these imported icons. I know that this is a bit generic so I will be more specific to what I was doing. I primarily used icons from here:
Well alright. I am very very VERY lucky now. It turns out that I had published a backup version of this mod and this version of the mod is very up to date. At most only a few days of work lost. I've already almost redone everything that had been lost. Had I not had this one backup, I would have had to start from a very old copy and I think I may have just been way too depressed over this whole thing to continue in the recent time. I should learn to be more careful and keep backups more often. Already just made a number of extra backups and published an few extra copies of this. Once I've gotten back up to the point that I was, I'll ask the questions I had planned here.
I just had a look at that thread through the link you post. That does look suspect. I wonder if it could have anything to do with a bug in the editor itself or the fact that I am using a Mac. Since I don't have the pc version of the editor, I can't tell for sure. However something came to mind which I should probably begin to address. One of the questions I was going to bring up to you before this happened was about the game crashing in a few situations. I'll save the other questions I had for once I am caught up to where I was, but this one seems especially important and relevant to now.
First situation was that two games in a row, the game crashed as soon as I used kerrigan's apocalypse ability on Karax and Artanis. In both situations specifically that it crashed I used it on these two heres while they were in range of each other. When I used kerrigan's apocalypse ability on regular units nothing went wrong at all. Seems very odd.
Second situation. This situation is rather obscure. I can provide more details about it later since I am rather tired right now. Basically though, I was playing a regular game of Ground Units Battles. No strange lag spikes. Nothing out of the usual. Then I decided to engage an enemy. Shortly after engaging the game crashed. I'll see if I can find replays for both of these situations in a bit.
One thing that occurred to me is that there have been a number of error messages appearing in the editor. You have pointed these out to me in the past, but I've mostly ignored them for a while since they did not seem to impact gameplay. However I think it may be a good time to get down to correcting them. How do I access the debug menu editor, to check for a list of error messages that the editor has listed?
First off. In regards to your first three questions. I tried searching for the replays it looks like none were saved from those games. It did not get laggy prior to all of these crashes which is what makes it even more suspicious. However I will try to find more information on these games and what could be causing this.
This is just absolute madness I tell you. So many crazy things have happened since the last post. I'll run you through what has happened since last time. So yesterday out of nowhere I started getting much more frequent error messages popping up of all kinds. This was before I even reloaded all the custom icons and models. This means that it must be something deeper than just those icons causing whatever it going on. Some of these error messages weren't having to do with custom icons or models at all, but about system related things and seemingly connection problems. This seems odd because I am using a very good computer and seldom ever experience connection problems. Then out of nowhere the exact same thing happened in the editor again, but to an even more extreme level. Not only did the recent files go corrupt, but the editor itself entirely reset to its basic settings. So starting up the editor agains was like you are starting the editor for the first time. No here is the good news. I may not get many lucky breaks like this one again if any at all. When the editor did this full reset, it brought me to the backups page which listed all the backups of projects I had before. I found backup for the main file of the project right before this whole madness started happening with all the models and custom icons reloaded, but its likely a ticking time bomb. So I bet you that something in the recent patch caused all these bugs to start happening. This was not always happening and it was once functioning just fine with the custom models and icons in it. Here is a list of error messages I am getting that I got snapshots of. I am including all of them as follows this time:
There has been a number of other error messages. These usually appear on screen after saving in the editor. I am getting increasingly worried of losing all my work as stuff like this keeps happening. On my side of things, here is few things that I am going to try doing to deal with these situations.
1. Going to check all the custom made files for anything suspicious. One thing to note is that some of the custom files I attempted using are very old.
2. May want to check my computer itself and run a virus scan to see if anything is wrong with the computer. Lately the computer has been telling me that it has been close to running out of file space. Likely due to all the file copies I've made of the project and the Windows 10 parallels I use.
3. I am keeping a note of everything that is happening here since these may be legit bugs with the editor that need to be reported to blizzard.
4. Maybe I should try using the PC version of the editor or I may need to consider getting a pc instead of a Mac. Mac usually gets the brunt of the bugs.
What I would like to know if you have any idea what might be causing any of these and potentially how to fix these error messages. Of course also what do they mean? Maybe this is something I outta post about in the Galaxy Editor bugs section.
As stated before probably best to backup the latest thing you have and proceed with caution until the next patch.
That is a lot of jumbo bunker mods...
You getting all those .dds files from a specific mod or one of the default campaign ones?
(removed for privacy reasons)... TMPI (too much personal information)...
You always had the + in the file path?
1. True, go back to a version that worked and check every additions systematically.
2. Viruses are unlikely to cause such problems since they want to exploit your comp without you noticing until it is too late.
Else your HD is dying and becoming more error prone/dead sectors are being transferred to the remaining live ones.
3. If you use a mac then it would be good evidence since a lot of mac users have been complaining recently about issues.
4. PC version emulated on a mac should work if you have a fast enough computer.
Most of these bugs look like incorrect file paths for .dds and UI layout files. The red ones are the probable cause. Seems there is some major corruption in your Ground Unit Battles + After Corruption mod under the abilities XML.
The truth is that I am not sure.. I don't know for sure if they are faulty or the editor itself is faulty. As of the time these pictures were taken, the only extra mod I had attached to my main mod is Big Game Hunters. Since BGH is a commonly played mod and made by Blizzard it seems unlikely it would have problems like this. Now all the specific assets I used are pretty long to list, but I used assets from the following locations(for some reason links aren't working right):
1. Most ground based Swarm of Amon Models and structures
2. I used most ground based Tal'darim Models from the protoss faction models collection.
3. I used a number of purifier models from herdal's purifier collection including the hybrid.
4. From Hammer I used a number of the custom zerg structures especially.
5. The elder's soul hunter and elder's knighting are used.
6. Two models are used from the Terran organization units collection. One is a mobius vulture and the other is a mobius medivac.
7. From Thrikodas I used some of the Zerg structure models.
8. Also used a number of the icon packs from soulfincher and supernova.
"As stated before probably best to backup the latest thing you have and proceed with caution until the next patch."
Yea honestly. There is only 2 small things I am trying to see if I can get corrected so the mod can at least be playable before take a short break from this project and report all these problems. These 2 things are 1. For some reason a button is not showing up for one of my structures. I've tried copying new units over and over to get it showing up. Its at the bottom of a major tech try for the faction so its necessary. Also for some reason the buttons for the tal'darim nexus aren't showing up. If these two things were fixed, then the mod would at least be reasonably playable online for the meantime although probably still prone to crashes at times.
"***********... TMPI (too much personal information)..."
Good catch. I removed the previous picture.
"You always had the + in the file path?"
Yes. Ground Unit Battles+After Corruption I named myself since that was the file that happened after the files got corrupted.
Reassuring. I'll perform a virus scan just in case anyway.
I am currently downloading battle.net to use on the parallels I got. Going to try moving this project to the parallels and see if it makes any difference.
This is assuming of course that these problems are being caused by the Mac editor specifically. It may be due to something faulty in the files.
"Most of these bugs look like incorrect file paths for .dds and UI layout files. The red ones are the probable cause. Seems there is some major corruption in your Ground Unit Battles + After Corruption mod under the abilities XML."
Something useful to know. All of the assets(Both models, textures and icons), I sent to textures/assets/
A question now that you bring up the corruption. How would I go about searching for the possible corruption and rooting it out. Strange thing about this also to know is that this has been happening even when I had all the custom icons and models not loaded into the editor. It was less frequent though.
One of the new error messages. When I got this, I was forced to shut down the editor and lose saved data, but I still have copies. Ultimately the work is not lost.