I've searched online on how to port a doodad into a structure, followed the guides, and only got the debug ball, it could be that many of the guides were at least 3 years old and outdated or I may have made an error.
Here are the steps I took and it would be great to know if I missed/did a step wrong or if I'm completely off:
1. I created a new actor and copied it from the doodad I wanted to use (Korhal Buildings Medium)
2. I modified the doodad and changed it to a unit, specifically a Terran structure
3. I changed the token from bogus to the name of my new unit
4. I went into the actor events, reseted them, and then changed the unit birth to the name of my building (Embassy)
5. I went into the model connected to the actor I was using and changed the variation count to 1
But when I tried to spawn it in editor or added it to the SCV build ability my building (Embassy) was the debug ball. Thank you for your help.
Thanks for your help but I still could not get it to work. I deleted my old attempt and followed your instructions exactly. Then when I tried to give sources to all the events they turned red. When I try to spawn it in game it is still the debug ball. Here is a picture of the events
Ok so all Unit Birth events only have one Create action.
Silly question if this actor is not linked to the unit does it have any associated models? This is incase some other actor of yours has a Unit Birth event but no defined unit so it applies to all (an easy mistake).
I actually got it to work! It had nothing to do with the events of the actor, but it was the model not working. I didn't specify which model variation I wanted picked like you said and that was causing the problems. Thank you for your help!