Hey, I have been sort of searching forum a bit for this and haven't really found alot that I understood so I thought I would just ask. I need to basically give some doodad models in sc2 an *unload) animation. This animation you can find on most units and when reversed looks similar to a jump if uses correctly. I an hoping I can at least somehow transfer that animation/bones? to other models. Since these models are things such as rocks or boxes, theres no need for actual animation changes other than just moving the model as a whole. Any idea how I may go about this if it can be done using 3dsmax?
1. Get a 30-day trial version of 3D Studio Max
or, Get a free 3 year student subscription if you are a student.
or, Purchase a 3D Studio Max License
2. Take a crash course in Rigging, Skinning, Animating
3. Download NiNToxicated .m3 import/exporter plugin for 3D Studio Max.
4. Import your chosen model.
5. Refer back to 2.
6. Create new animations for your model as .m3 Sequences.
7. Either export the new model, or a separate .m3 animation file.
8. Pray to the gods that the exporter doesn't crash. It is still very buggy when handling animations.
9. Import your model into your map or mod file.
10. Pray some more, because sometimes the exporter likes to spit out broken files and not even warn you.
1a. Alternatively, wait for the next SC2 Patch which allegedly includes the 'Art Tools'.