Looking Glass League - the Premier of fun, creative maps for Starcraft II.
You must login to post a comment. Don't have an account? Register to get one!
Hello everyone! I am back to.
First I would like to apologize to everyone for not being a great leader. I went around recruiting players who would be interested in making maps but instead, there was lack of dialogue amongst us. Our
This time will be different.
I have actively been participating on the forums since January and even had 1 of my maps placed on the front page! I am very excited to have the same passion and dedication that I once did when I formed this short lived map team. I would like to invite you all to come back and play Starcraft 2 once again and start working on a team project together.
The Premier map I would like to propose to work together is: War of Fantasia - the battle between gods, heroes and demons. War of Fantasia is a Risk-Type map whereas players conquer cities and soverign to take control of the entire map. It will take place in the world of Fantasia, where gods heroes and demons thrive.
As we continue to gather back more mappers back to the editing scene, we can discuss as a team new ideas. Here are some other ideas that
Fantasia Assault - Cooperative Teamwork map. The objective of the game is to defeat the invading computer player who is agressively conquering the entire map. Players can choose 1 hero. Heres the grand idea: THE HEROES WILL BE US! That is right, each hero will be name and made by us. Together as a team, we will discuss and create DotA-like units of ourselves and work as a team coming up with spells and abilities and we can use.
This be a fun starting project for us to learn how to work as a team. What we can do is discuss custom terrain ideas, custom
But Queen... I dont have any map experience whatsoever! That okay!
Map editing skills is not required, This map team is a social team who invites players interested in the maps and is interesting in helping out. For those who do not know how to map, you can do 2 things: you can start learning by taking lessons and tutorials by me AND/OR help participating in the discussion and development of ideas for the maps we make!
Anyone who has map making skills and can present a map to me that they made on sc1, wc3 or sc2. I will BUY you the expansion pack: Heart of the Swarm if you boys decide to come back and be an ACTIVE member.
[21:19] <QueenG> which map are you remaking?
[21:26] <nooblark> right now i think i'm going to remake my bed though
[21:27] <nooblark> add some extra zzz's to it
Looking Glass League started as a strong team, I was able to successfully gather map enthusiasts with all kinds of skills.
Unfortunately, we havent worked on a single map together and everyone went their separate ways.
This time will be different!
Hi guys, I am back again to lead Looking Glass League. I have been working on some maps for over a month now and I have more fun ideas that we can use to work together.
Looking Glass League maps being developed:
1. War of Fantasia - Gods, heroes and demons: A risk/diplomacy type map with 40 nations in the theme of popular mythology.
2. Music Galaxy: A fun musical map that allows players to play and jam music notes and tunes. Players can learn how to play music in an RP style.
3. Desert Strike Broodwar: It will be the fast rush small version of my popular Desert Strike map.
4. Desert Strike Night: It will have all the bells n whistles including tribes n stuff
5. Xelnaga Zombies: a unique horror survival map that is inspired by the game: Nazi Zombies from Call of Duty. 3rd person person shooting, players are inside a haunted mansion and must unlock and traverse through the scary spooky mansion to survive the waves of zombies invasion. ooooo ahhhh
6. Starcraft One Campaigns Project: a tribute/remake of all the Starcraft 1 campaign. SC2 players whos too lazy to play SC1 AND who couldn't absorb the 5 mins of story when installing the game will benefit this.
I am also helping out with the Starcraft Universe project: starcraftuniverse.org
The terrain for Drawing Contest 2 has been uploaded here:
Feel free to criticize.
I think it looks good compared to the sc1 version.
Here are some ideas besides the basic pylons pics for the drawing contest.
1.I was thinking for a picture would have everyone try to draw a pumpkin face. The outline will be orange/yellow protoss buildings and the eyes will be filled with firebats burning. Person with the best pumpin wins.
2. How about a picture being animated. Think of synchronize swimming. The picture will be a circle of marines patroling to form a circle and a square. Person who can manage to timely make their marines move from a circle to square wins.
3. Interpret mode - Instead of trying to copy the minimap image, how about display the word version and players who create the best picture wins.
4. Pictionary mode - players will create pictures and others will have to guess what they are making.
Besides Drawing Contest, I decided to work on Desert Strike Night:
I will be participating with the creation of Drawing Contest with ideas/innovation and possibly triggering.
In other news, I decided to officially make yet another Desert Strike map: Desert Strike Xel'naga
As project manager I need to know who all wants to work on this project? We're undergoing a lot of potential options for new features and I will discuss them on the link further once I hammer them out with the individuals who are helping me.
So, again, who wants on boards? PayAttention is already heading up some RnD for us for it and Queen is helping think tank a bit as well.
I need more assistants for this map so we can make it happen.
Immediate need :
heres the map info on Drawing Contest:
looks pretty awesome