Homestuck AoS

Forum > Character Development

Karkat Vantas

• 4 posts
    #1 Mar 15, 2011 at 20:02 UTC - 0 likes

Our ideas for Karkat are a tad rough at this point, vaguely based on Maliken. We need clarifications, suggestions, and replacements!

Basic Ability: Threshecution
    • Karkat tosses his sickle boomerang-style, dealing damage as it passes through in both directions. At any point in the process, he may end the ability and leap to where his sickle is.
    Basic Ability: Berserk
    • Karkat goes berserk for a duration. He takes increased damage, but has increased damage and movespeed.
    Basic Ability: Stubborn Rage (Passive)
    • Karkat has increased attack-speed(?) the lower his HP is.
    Advanced Ability: Hatevolley Bulgeskewer
    • Karkat lobs his sickle at the targeted hero/unit, which sticks in them for heavy damage and stun. Karkat immediately leaps over to his sickle / the target afterwards. Med-long cooldown.
    Ultimate: Inspire
    • Karkat raises his sickle and cries out to motivate his team, granting heavy regen and extra movespeed to himself and allies in the effect radius for a duration.

God-Tier: Life Drain

• Saps life from an enemy hero continuously (not channeled). This lasts until Karkat is stunned, the target dies, or the target exits the spell's range. Med-long cooldown. (Any other properties? More fitting replacements? Discuss!)
    Other God-Tier Bonuses
    • (Suggestions?)
    • (Any God-Tier): Gains a med-cooldown, med-casttime ability to fly to any ally's location.

Post suggestions, revisions, and replacements below! This first post maintains the consensus on what to do for Karkat, and will be edited as better ideas are agreed upon in this thread.

Last edited Mar 19, 2011 by BlastYoBoots

My lawyer advised me against mindless killing today. - Dr. McNinja

#2 Mar 15, 2011 at 23:19 UTC - 0 likes

Yeah I think Yell should be a buff for allies. Since he was the leader after all.

#3 Mar 16, 2011 at 05:15 UTC - 0 likes

Updated skill names after a long name-hashing session with many people, and a few choice suggestions by carcinoGeneticist.

EDIT: Also updated God-tier ability with something else we hashed out in chat.

Last edited Mar 19, 2011 by BlastYoBoots
    #4 Jun 06, 2011 at 13:04 UTC - 0 likes

For Karkats God Tier I suggest the following:

God-Tier: Blood Brothers: (Active) Upon using this skill all team mates across the map lose all debuffs currently active upon them, for each debuff lost they gain XX% hp, they also gain a magic shield that blocks a certain amount of spell damage per %hp lost, along with regen

Additional benefits: When using Karkat Sickle skills upon an enemy, they gain a "Trolled" Debuff, causing them to bleed out per second

Possible benefits: If nearby allied heros (The more the better) while using his Sickle skills, the skills will do more damage, And the allies will "jump" and attack with him upon his landing in a bloodthirsty frenzy.

Last edited Jun 09, 2011 by ZebioLizard2
  • 4 posts

You must login to post a comment. Don't have an account? Register to get one!