Dune: Evolution is a project that aims to create a modification, or, to be more precise, a total conversion, an attempt to recreate Frank Herbert’s universe within the boundaries of the RTS genre, as close as possible.
The reason why we post this here is quite simple – we want to find people who can be interested in our project, who can join our team of developer-enthusiasts, who have enough skills to work with Map (galaxy) Editor to make a mod (a total conversion) Dune:Evolution based on Starcraft 2.
The project exists for a while, now our team has artists, 3D-modellers, animators, composers, etc. We have already done much, the campaign scenario is almost finished, we have designed the game mechanics, we have much graphic materials (concept arts, drawings, stories) to create the necessary atmosphere and to maintain it, we have unit lists and tech trees, most units and buildings are ready and the rest will follow soon.
Dune:Evolution has already gathered many people who await its release, and it gathers a large audience during public updates. People who have seen our works have mostly positive comments, and their only complaint is that the project was delayed for a bit, while they want to see it released and to try it out.
There is a delay, indeed, and it is caused by the fact that there are a few games that can implement all the features we want. C&C3: TW, which was planned to be used in the beginning, turned out to be very limited and is very difficult to modify, some things are even impossible to implement at all. We still struggle against all the difficulties, we still make the mod using C&C3:TW, slowly but steadily, yet at the same time we look at other games.
The music in this video was created specifically for the project.
By Loren Sieghart (hologard), our composer.
With the release of SC2 we noticed that many people say it is a good platform for modding and different mini-games. Of course, we want to try it, this is the reason why we ask your assistance. If SC2 turns out to be better (and it is quite probable) then we will be able to move our mod completely to it, if a good specialist joins our ranks.
Test: Some of our models that were imported into the sc2. Textures are not yet fully configured.
Don’t miss the opportunity to work on a large and interesting project in a multinational team. Your name will appear in the developers list and, who knows, maybe it can become a good starting point for you. Besides, if you have your own project which requires its own arts, models, textures, animation, etc, we can help you, and you can work on your project along with ours. Check these link to see what our team members can do: http://www.evodune.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=105&p=612#p612
Both sides would benefit from such cooperation.
Those who wish to join are required to:
- know Map (galaxy) Editor (compiling the mod, setting the properties of units/buildings/objects, user interface, effects, etc.);
- *It is not necessary to know all this at once, several people may join and work on different aspects of the mod *
- have interest in the project, the desire to work and improve;
- be able to give at least several hours a week to the project;
- stay working and not to disappear for a long time without any explanations;
- prevent any leaks of information so it would not spread chaotically, but would be presented in a decent way through public updates;
- know English well enough, at least for forum discussions;
- We will prefer people who speak Russian as well, but it is not crucial, but the fact is that the majority of the team are Russian-speaking, but everybody understands English – but not everybody can speak it quickly and fluently enough without any mistakes.
That’s all, thanks for your kind attention, we will be looking forward to your response. Those who are interested can apply here on the forum, or on the official forum of the project, or by PM, or by email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
More information you can find on our official web-site www.evodune.com , especially in our updates section: http://www.evodune.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=8 ; http://www.evodune.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=9
Best regards, [ADVENTURERS] team.