So, after spending a few more days with the editor, I've got something to show off. It stars the Tauren Space Marine. You get a distress signal & you must venture through a dangerous canyon & eliminate all of the zerg & get to your transport. It's a bit bare right now but, I thought I had enough of it complete to show it off.
Some things I'm currently working on/trying to fix (some are currently disabled for now):
- Add a map small map for the player
- Implement a counter (as a objective) of how many zerg-related things are left (see THanson02.SC2Map/Outbreak map)
- Include getting back to your ship as an objective
- Change attack range?
- Using a custom loading screen (pretty sure this is a Mac-specific issue because, I've created both .DDS & .TGA images & the Editor's importer does not recognize them)
- Have only 1 attack sound play when clicking the left click.
- Fill out the rest of the map/make the journey more interesting/varried
- Add interactions with villages (and more of them as well)
- Have more uses for the Murloc Marine?
- Jump over zerglings?
WASD for directional
Spacebar for jump
E for resetting camera
Left-click for attacking
Credits/inspiration (If I've forgotten to give credit to anyone, I apologize & please let me know so that I can add you to the list)
- World of StarCraft
- Mar Sara Outlaws
- Planetary Boss Minis - Valdar the Vindicator
- TRaynor03.SC2Map/Zero Hour
- New Space Marine Unit Found In StarCraft II (kotaku. It was the inspiration for the end of my map, if you watch the video, without having played my map first, it kinda spoils the end)
Attached are some screenshots (and the loading screen I plan on using at some point).
So, I've finished Beta 2 of Udder Chaos!
Udder Chaos Beta 2 Changelog
- Added an objective list (not functioning 100% yet)
- Added a minimap (not functioning 100% yet)
- Moved the health bar to the top right
- Opened up the canyon
- Added some more routes/more enemies
Credits for the minimap example
(I'll upload some screenshots later today)
- 2 comments
- Date created
- Aug 01, 2010
- Last update
- Aug 06, 2010
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Recent files