This is a map I'm making to test out Kheldrun, my Psionic Hydralisk (whom you can read about in my SC1 Campaign), the New Agent of the Swarm, birthed by the Overmind one day before Tassadar destroyed the Overmind.
Anyway, let's get to Kheldrun, shall we?
SC1 did not allow me to give Kheldrun Psionic powers, so he was just a modified Hunter Killer with 300 HP, 40 (+2) damage, 2 (+1) armor, and all the upgrades of the Hydralisk already researched.
SC2 changes this, especially with the Galaxy Editor. The creation of Kheldrun was daunting to say the least, and there's more to make for him. Right now, he's a 'classic' Hero, one that doesn't use levels. I do this because I do not know if the campaign of Wings of Liberty will have Raynor and Zeratul leveling up. So, I'm sticking with classic: Lots of HP, strong armor, Strong attack.
[X] HP: 300
[X] HP regen rate: 0.5 (faster than most Zerg units, slower than burrowed Roaches)
[X] Energy (EP): 200
[X] EP regen rate: Same as a High Templar's.
[X] EP regen rate while on creep: 4x a High Templar's.
[X] Armor: 2 (+1) (see below for armor needs)
[X] Damage: 40 (+2) (see below for weapon needs)
Here's a list of things he has and things he needs/I've done:
[X] Custom Description when you mouse over his health image
[X] Special Actor
[X] Special, separate unit
[X] Burrowed version of that unit
[X] Special version of Burrow for Kheldrun which does not require research in order to use
 Special model (a glowing Hydralisk model with flashing eyes. All a light-blue color)
[X] Armor upgrades added to the upgrade list.
[X] Armor upgrade icons upgrading with Evo Chamber
[X] Custom Weapon ("Psionic Spines")
 Special model for spines (projectile, and impact)
 Special sound effects for spines
[X] Upgrades and icon effects for spines
[X] Custom icons for spines
[X] Custom melee attack
[X] Custom melee sounds (planning on using the Zealot's Psi Blade sound)
[X] Custom Passive: Psionic Mind Link - Gives Kheldrun 4x energy regen when burrowed
[X] Spell 1 - Psionic Storm - special version that does not require research
[X] Spell 2 - Dark Swarm
[X] Spell 3 - Plague
 Voice sounds (this time, I can give him a custom voice)
[X] The ability to be resurrected from a Hatchery/Lair/Hive when dead.
Other stuff I managed:
[X] Custom spell animations
Other stuff I'm toying with:
 Custom wireframe
 Custom icon
- Map is created without Kheldrun (ver.1)
- Kheldrun is created (ver.2)
- Kheldrun receives his first working spell: Psionic Storm! (ver.2)
- Kheldrun (burrowed) is properly created without messing up the Hydralisks (ver.2)
- Kheldrun can now burrow without research (ver.2)
- Animations for Psionic Storm added (ver.3)
- Starting Locations added (ver. 4)
- Marines and Marauders for you to kill! (ver. 4)
- Armor upgrades working (ver.5)
- Psionic Spines - have sounds (ver. 5)
- Melee sounds swapped out for the Zealot sounds, but you can still hear the normal Hydra's, too. (ver. 5) - Thanks to MasterDinadan!
- Upgrades to work with both Psi spines and melee attacks (ver. 5)
- Added Protoss units to kill! (ver.5)
- Added ability to res Kheldrun from Hatchery/Lair/Hive when dead (ver.6) - Thanks to deadpica!
- Damage raised to 40 to match the first campaign's. (ver.6)
- Psionic Mind Link Ability (Passive) added (ver.6 )
- Bug fixed with Kheldrun's burrow - he now makes a hole when burrowed. (ver.6)
- Dark Swarm is created. (ver.7) - Thanks to Demonette and Docablo!
- Plague has been created (ver.8) - Thanks to Demonette!
- Kheldrun is now marked as a Hero (ver.8)
- Bug with Kheldrun's normal energy regen rate fixed (ver.8)
- Cleaned up excess models and actors (ver.8)
- Added range circles for spells (ver.8)
- Got Start Location to work (ver.9)
- Psionic Mind Link reworked so Kheldrun regenerates energy faster on the creep (ver.9)
- Custom weapon icons with help from Demonette! (ver.9)
- Dark Swarm now looks a little more like Dark Swarm, color-wise (ver.9)
- Psionic Storm now has seperate actors, behaviors, effects, and sounds from the High Templar ones. You won't notice the difference, though. (ver.9)
- Weapons Fixed (ver.9.5)
- Upgrades Fixed (mostly) (ver.9.5)
- Dark Swarm fixed (ver.9.5)
Yeah, my hero seems daunting to make, but I'm posting this here to show off what I've been able to do so far. I might need help; especially in the model/voice department (and making some spells). Everything else, I might be able to handle on my own with a little advice.
Model request link: Here
NOTICE: All versions prior to 9.5 are obsolete due to the new editor!
- Date created
- Apr 29, 2010
- Last update
- Jul 12, 2010
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Recent files