SC2Mapster Forums

Resources > Tutorials

[Video Tutorial] Tower Defence+more

• 13 posts
    #1 Apr 26, 2010 at 15:39 UTC - 0 likes

Hello all,

I have made (and I am still making) video tutorials for the new galaxy editor, please find a list of my tutorials below. Any tutorial that does not have links to the tutorial listed is on livestream. All of the ones with links and all tutorials from now on will be on youtube.

You can find the videos on livestream here,
    http://www.livestream.com/beider/folder?dirId=4c68b802-d583-4aa8-80f0-d2a5a2146d02

And here for the youtube videos,
    http:www.youtube.com/user/GalaxyEditorTutorial

Basic Tutorials

• Terrain Editing: Basics (18 min) (Sorry, I forgot to talk about how to do roads).
    • Terrain Editing: Roads (2 min)
    • Editor Basics: Units, Doodads, Points & Regions (9 min)

Advanced Tutorials

Tower Defence Tutorials

WSAD Movement & Camera Tutorials

Custom Weapons

Last edited May 09, 2010 by Beider
    #2 Apr 26, 2010 at 17:30 UTC - 0 likes

@Beider: Go

I Love you for Contributing!<3

Ftw!

THANKS!

#3 Apr 26, 2010 at 19:38 UTC - 0 likes

It's really great to see you contributing to the community yes! I will look trough theese soon! ^^

FMA signature

#4 Apr 26, 2010 at 23:36 UTC - 0 likes

I remade tutorial 4, so if anyone saw it you want might to watch it again. I used a lot better solution and some more structure when I created it.

#5 Apr 29, 2010 at 11:58 UTC - 0 likes

@Beider: Go

You talked about making a localization tutorial sometime. Would love to see that. :)

Great tutorials so far!

#6 Apr 29, 2010 at 16:47 UTC - 0 likes

This should be stickied.

GeeGee

#7 Apr 30, 2010 at 12:14 UTC - 0 likes

Do u have links on youtube? LiveSteam is too slow....

#8 Apr 30, 2010 at 17:30 UTC - 0 likes

Sadly youtube doesn't let me upload in HD and it is hard to follow the video in low def.

#9 May 09, 2010 at 13:50 UTC - 0 likes

I added some new tutorials,

Basic Triggers Custom Weapons Making computer player create units and attack with them

#10 May 10, 2010 at 22:31 UTC - 0 likes

To be honest, watching your TD tutorials was such a pain that I gave up, because I had to stop every 10 seconds and go back because it was impossible to see what did you do and where. Reupload them please.

#11 May 10, 2010 at 23:57 UTC - 0 likes

@Sajuukh: Go

Did you try using fullscreen? I had no other complaints like that, that being said I plan on upping them on youtube sometime when I get time to convert them to HD MPEG format.

#12 May 19, 2010 at 18:54 UTC - 0 likes

New tutorials up on my youtube page. http://www.youtube.com/user/GalaxyEditorTutorial

#13 Aug 16, 2010 at 17:14 UTC - 0 likes

Hi. I love this tutorial. But I would like to know two more things. I bet it's easy, but I have tried every way I know.

First: How can I make so the different waves have a different timer? Coz the first ones is small units like Marines and Zerglings, and I want them to come every 1.3 sec. But in later waves where bigger units start to spawn, like Thor and Mothership, I want them to come every 2.6 sec. (Coz they are so big, and slow that the first unit is still there when the next is gonna spawn. And then they just stand there and shoot at everything they see and never move.)

Second: How can I prevent that if any mob gets blocked, they "forget" there order, and just starts attacking everything in sight. I want them to do what they are told or keep trying whatever happens. Like force them to move from A to B or keep trying until they are dead or get there.

Thanks in advance. Hope you still look at this thread.

Dor

• 13 posts

You must login to post a comment. Don't have an account? Register to get one!