SC2Mapster Forums

Resources > Art Assets

WoW Model-Pack Requests

#201 Sep 18, 2010 at 13:13 UTC - 0 likes
    Quote from dante0125: Go

The hydra model downloaded here is not right. The texture of one of its heads is not working. Can you fix it?

Short answer: no. Long answer: Sorry, no.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. But today is a gift, that's why they call it present."

#202 Sep 18, 2010 at 16:11 UTC - 0 likes

may i get a gnome? i dont care witch, just a gnome O.o

Currently working on a sc2 version of Fortress Survival

#203 Sep 18, 2010 at 16:14 UTC - 0 likes
    Quote from Zarakk: Go

@dante0125: Go Short answer: no. Long answer: Sorry, no.

Epic. Must remember that one.

#204 Sep 18, 2010 at 16:49 UTC - 0 likes
    Quote from EternalWraith: Go

@dante0125: Go Short answer: no. Long answer: Sorry, no.

Epic. Must remember that one.

I don't understand what you are saying? Does some one find my words insulting? Anyway, I appreciate the author's hardworking. Is the problem inherently not solvable due to some flaws beyond understanding of the software used to export the models?

#205 Sep 18, 2010 at 16:52 UTC - 0 likes

@dante0125: Go

Haha no. His reply was just funny:p.

#206 Sep 18, 2010 at 19:23 UTC - 0 likes
    Quote from dante0125: Go

@EternalWraith: Go I don't understand what you are saying? Does some one find my words insulting? Anyway, I appreciate the author's hardworking. Is the problem inherently not solvable due to some flaws beyond understanding of the software used to export the models?

It's due to how the model works. It just doesn't work with sc2. Some models are like that. It's Blizzard's fault.

#207 Sep 18, 2010 at 19:24 UTC - 0 likes
    Quote from illidans911: Go

may i get a gnome? i dont care witch, just a gnome O.o

Please read the first post before requesting.

#208 Sep 19, 2010 at 06:05 UTC - 0 likes

Solved

Last edited Sep 20, 2010 by dante0125
    #209 Sep 19, 2010 at 21:15 UTC - 0 likes

Hello! Its a really cool thing your doing here, importing models from world of warcraft. I was wondering if you can get me one or both of my chosen models. If you can get it:

I wish to get manaroth/pit lord either from World of Warcraft or Warcraft 3(perferably from warcraft 3 but if you cant then get it from World of warcraft) And/Or an Fel Orc Grunt from either World of Warcraft or Warcraft 3 (again perferably from Warcraft 3).

If you can get them with all the animations and textures/models, that would be super awsome.

THANK YOU

#210 Sep 19, 2010 at 21:26 UTC - 0 likes

@Zarakk: Go

Zarak your rock my world :D Thanks for the boats.

SC2 video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/onetwosc
    p.s. I've quit mapping since Nov 2011.

#211 Sep 19, 2010 at 21:33 UTC - 0 likes

@OneTwoSC: Go

Watz up man!

I visited your channel, seems you know what your doing. However your in-gamecimimatics tutorial is still a little bit confusing. But still good job on everything!

#212 Sep 19, 2010 at 22:49 UTC - 0 likes

@Sc2fangamer: Go

Hey, this is gonna seem like an odd request, but here it is.

Since you seem to have access to Cata models and some way to port them, would you be able to retrieve for me the old Worgen Female m2's and textures? I don't really need them in m3 format as I'd prefer to rig them in max myself (for normals/emissive), but if the plugin actually supports these formats I would like to get my hands on them.

Again, to clarify, I'd like the old worgen female models/textures in m2 format still. I presume the client you took Deathwing from has them; they recently updated the models in the newest beta version but these ones aren't as good as the old ones imo, and I'd like to get my hands on the previous versions before they vanish forever.

Thanks for your consideration.

/edit

I believe I have the model now but unsurprisingly the 3ds max importer seems unable to handle it, most likely due to cata changing the format again. Le sigh.

/edit 2

Okay I got them working with the model viewer. Model's a little broken, though...

Last edited Sep 20, 2010 by IskatuMesk
    #213 Sep 21, 2010 at 17:17 UTC - 0 likes

Hi Guys!

this is awesome! But can you make me some models? like Lord Mark'gar (Lord Marrowgar) and Lady Sylvanas ? It would be great! I need it for my project! Thanks :)

#214 Sep 21, 2010 at 19:09 UTC - 0 likes

I should enjoy seeing some relatively high poly structures; including but not limited to towers, fences, gates, stables, and some of the straight bridges from zangarmarsh (they are flat so it will make pathing easy)

ethereal models (from netherstorm or instances south of shattrath city) and a garosh hellscream model would also be welcome. (I think garosh hellscream is a special model, he looks different from regular orcs.)

#215 Sep 22, 2010 at 00:08 UTC - 0 likes

@illidans911: Go

Please read the first post before requesting.

I.. i dont really understand.

if your thinking that i want a character gnome, no i just need a gnome o.o so lets try again

Hey i need http://www.wowwiki.com/Gelbin_Mekkatorque this gnome for my map because there arnt very many small people? O.o

#216 Sep 22, 2010 at 03:55 UTC - 0 likes

@illidans911: Go

is that gnome an NPC? npc's are also on the list of impossibles.

#217 Sep 22, 2010 at 13:46 UTC - 0 likes
    Quote from illidans911: Go

@Zarakk: Go I.. i dont really understand. if your thinking that i want a character gnome, no i just need a gnome o.o so lets try again Hey i need http://www.wowwiki.com/Gelbin_Mekkatorque this gnome for my map because there arnt very many small people? O.o

Quote:

Note that you cannot export custom-made Characters, NPCs (that are based on the customizable/creatable races) or Particles

#218 Sep 22, 2010 at 14:14 UTC - 0 likes

From what I have seen people have imported blood elf females .... the in thier undies kind..

Then then in thier video they pick up an item and it puts armor on the blood elf female then she picked up a sword item off the ground

Seemed like they were using the blood elf player model.

My Libraries
    DialogLeaderboard & TeamSort

My Projects
    SPACEWAR Tribute
    Infinite TD

#219 Sep 22, 2010 at 23:15 UTC - 0 likes
    Quote from SouLCarveRR: Go

From what I have seen people have imported blood elf females .... the in thier undies kind..
    Then then in thier video they pick up an item and it puts armor on the blood elf female then she picked up a sword item off the ground
    Seemed like they were using the blood elf player model.

They also don't export their models like this, they fix them up in 3ds max before importing into sc2, which makes them work. (And no, I can not do that.)

#220 Sep 24, 2010 at 03:30 UTC - 0 likes

@SouLCarveRR: Go

What flavor Gnome are you seeking? I found two that abide by the rules found in this thread. One is a bit sickly...

The Spreading of Leprosy

Edit: Model contains basic animations and 1H Attack, Idle/Fidget, two Spell casts, and leprosy skin.

Last edited Sep 24, 2010 by llou
    Name Description Size MD5
    gnome_and_gnomeleper.zip Gnome and Gnome Leper M3 format ... 331.1 KiB d7d252feda6b...
    • gnomes.jpg
      Two Gnome Models

GrimDot.com - Development website for Makai Galaxy: A Turn Based Strategy Mod for Starcraft II

You must login to post a comment. Don't have an account? Register to get one!