SC2Mapster Forums

Player Zone > Map Feedback

[Showcase] Music Galaxy

• 7 posts
    #1 Feb 01, 2013 at 00:25 UTC - 0 likes

Music Galaxy - Fun Piano Map

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y480/queengambit227/Musicgalaxylogo_zps0cabee8b.png

Music Galaxy is a proof of concept map; it simulates a piano keyboard. When the map initializes, 53 Engineer Bays are spawned and arranged like keys on a piano. Players simply left-click any Engineer Bay and a note will play. All 53 piano sound clips were digitally recorded and imported onto the map (thank you DrHu). Up to 6 players can play together. The map is published on ALL battle.net regions. The video below is a live demonstration of Music Galaxy. Can you guess each song played in the video?

Tune 1: Super Mario Theme

Tune 2: Mission Impossible

Tune 3: Iron Man

Tune 4: Harry Potter

Tune 5: Pirates of the Caribbean

Tune 6: Inception (favorite movie)

Tune 7: Gangnam Style

Tune 8: Healing - Pokemon Tune

Tune 9: Tetris Theme

Tune 10: Princess Zelda - Ocarina of Time

Tune 11: Careless Whisper

Tune 12: Olympics Theme

Tune 13: Vitamin C Graduation Song

Tune 14: Intro to Downton Abbey

Tune 15: Adele - Someone Like You

Credit Tune: Heart and Soul

Last edited Mar 13, 2013 by QueenGambit

[21:19] <QueenG> which map are you remaking?
    [21:26] <nooblark> right now i think i'm going to remake my bed though
    [21:27] <nooblark> add some extra zzz's to it

#2 Feb 01, 2013 at 04:59 UTC - 0 likes

Tune 10 was all I needed to hear to know this is awesome ;)

Feel free to Send me a PM if you have any questions/concerns!

#3 Feb 06, 2013 at 21:01 UTC - 0 likes

Awsome! I have been waiting for something like this to happen. Some drums would be cool to and soon you would have a band!

#4 Feb 06, 2013 at 21:02 UTC - 0 likes

And you HAVE to make a choir! A triracial choir that sings ahhs and dhooos and Brhlooorghs!

#5 Feb 06, 2013 at 23:14 UTC - 0 likes

Just throwing some ideas after watching the videos... It would be nice to have some kind of a metronome, to make sure people keep in rhythm. Of course it could be a problem with the lag, but overall it should help keeping in sync with other people. I guess only the host should have access to this function, like a tiny window displaying BPMs, allowing to set them higher or lower, and mute/unmute it. There should be something on the UI as well to let everyone know when the tick is going to happen.

Maybe you should also allow players to use their actual keyboard to play tunes, instead of mouse clicks on units. There is a problem (again) because layouts differ from a country to another, but maybe it can be fixed by allowing players to pick their layout in the lobby (if the setting is not set to default for someone, just apply the differences instead of applying an entire preset each time). It will be easier to play fast tunes if you remove the risk of missing your clicks.

#6 Feb 08, 2013 at 18:53 UTC - 0 likes

Hey thanks for the idea. After zeldarules politely showcased my map on the front page, DrHu and I briefly discussed some other ideas.

Like I said before, my ultimate Adventure RPG in learning how to play music (Eternal Sonata but actually learn music) was halted. I wanted to implemented GuitarHero like mini games but the small definite lag made a big difference in this map.

ill pass this on to DrHu and see if we want to build on this.

#7 Mar 13, 2013 at 17:49 UTC - 0 likes

Edited and provided the answers to all tunes on the 1st post.

• 7 posts

You must login to post a comment. Don't have an account? Register to get one!