The patch is awesome! I love the new stuff! well done! Thumbs UP!
I signed up to this forum entierly to tell you how great this map is and ask a few questions/comments.
1) Is there going to be an update to the AI? My friend and i like to team up vs the AI however the AI just dies after a few days.
2) Is there going to be plans for a goal orientated ending? Example is survive X number of days, build X structure to win etc
Great map once again and I look forward to future patches.
mean to delete this
Random suggestion: Adds bears, they could even be introduced on the 3rd day or something. Basically hostile wolfs during day, bigger, stronger and harder to kill.
Looking for a Terrainer - Trivial Pursuit
So far I've played about 30 games and the only thing that bothers me is the fact that items related to quests are far superior to any item that can be crafted. This makes the game feel like a mad snowball rush to get to the quests and doesn't have much mercy for those that don't get too, or win challenges. It would be nice if there were some more craftable weapons and armor that could compete with some of the quest attained items. This way even if your team doesn't win the challenges or get to unlock as many chest there would still be some hope of a comeback being that you would have some ability to forge equally powerful weapons. Of course these new craftable weapons would have to have harder to get ingredients or more of them, but I think that it would open up more options to players and cater to more different types of players. Some players love doing challenges and some like to just build up a base a collect things, right now the game favors those that do well at challenges and are very mobile having many bases across the map and not those that like to craft and build and defend a base.
Very fun game though! Hope the feedback helps make it even better!
Alien Boombox - The Free Online Music Player Web App
Alien Boombox - Skinnable Music Player Screenshots
Great game, kudos for making it. I've played 15 games so far and have some suggestions:
1. tutorial is not deep enough, it doesn't teach how to use the inventory and so noobs don't realize they need to open backpack and eat rather than just cooking food. No help with traps, and quests either.
2. More neutral mobs would make game more exciting, make difficulty and 'fear of night' last longer and force teamwork.
I heartily support the suggestion for harder mobs as the game goes on, including some 'boss strength' mobs (not really a quest if both teams get hit by them and get equal rewards). As game becomes harder (wolves are weak after first few days, though noobs still get eaten xD) people will learn to specialize as food maker, miner, trap builder etc. Also more mobs means more potential for pets.
3. Crossbow is overpowered xD
4.Do you need hunter's lodge and 'pet' wolf to find truffles. That quest is confusing.
5. Random quest order and placement of quest objectives could be tweaked. Zoggold or whatevr that Blade Master is called sometimes appears as first quest (!) and the crucial fisherman sometimes spawns in one of the team's corners (LOL).
6.More quests plz, and more elaborate late game equipment to forge.
7. Are traps permanent and do you need clairvoyance to detect them? If the latter is true it should be made clear.
8. Saving exp if you leave or die before end of game would help, as would choosing perks before rather than after game.
9. Plz promote a chat channel!
10. The stealth spell promotes cheap play. People can gank players and/or trash bases and still get away easily. If one player has it and the other doesn't they will NEVER lose a fight.
11. Larger tower and backpack space please.
12. (minor point) Having realized the power of traps ( and won many 'unwinnable' games with them, a nice little touch would be a killcount on each spiked trap. Those things are going to make wolves extinct at this rate!
That's it <3
I love the gladiator duel. Again the armor is OP but because of this it's so good as a long-term item. The idea to have special items that improve your stats more, the more you do certain things is great. You could make items that improve stamina or mining this way too.
There is a BUG in fights... I(with sword) was fighting other guy(with gun) and when ever I took meal it automaticly run away from him! So he gets 2 more shoots "for free"... that was annoing as hell... I could loose just because of it.
And there is more problems with fights... for example it stops shooting and the kobold just folows opponet - even if he is in range and defend himself as well.. this means death :-(
Pls try to look on it.
I love the game... I play it every day - a lot!
Two major problems right now:
1) Fish shipment not dropping after killing a player, even if map pointer is shown, it happened to me 3 times in a row, it's really disappointing to set up a trap and get no crossbow.
2) Gladiator armor sometimes not spawning, happened to me twice (it can be connected with killing people with spike traps there, haven't tested it out entirely yet, if so, block the traps usage there, what's another good idea I think), really annoying not to get the garb.
Also, reaching 20lvl is kinda... disappointing. There are no ranks, just won/lost stats. I was maniacally playing to unlock the perks, but after getting to 20lvl and receive no reward for the game, it stopt being as much interesting as before. Unlocking all the perks with 40lvl etc. would be too unfair to the new players, but some kind of ranks or little, not gamechanging bonuses would be really great - for instance +1 to one of the skills permamently for each lvl 20+ - theyse levels of course would be achieved really slowly, to make people interested in the game and actually unlocking new stuff for a long time, instead of playing all the same again and again after 20lvl.
"Wizards" are no match-up for gun + tower shield + plate, their spells are nullified by food, everyone goes the same build, if someone doesn't he's getting killed soon. I personally don't like caster class, but many people try to go that way and are disappointed afterwards, some balance would be awesome in my opinion.
Except these easily fixable things, the map is really great and I'm looking forward to see the next versions :) And adding some kind of stuff to achieve for 20lvl players would greatly increase the popularity (there should be always something to achieve).
Game has gotten better, but It still could greatly improve.
My youtube channel: Here!
Project "Magic RPG" - Enter the Magic
Project "Goku Firebat" - Kaaameeehaaameee...
I think upgrading foraging should upgrade your pets as well. Probably upgrading their health and armor (They are extremely weak atm) Also the AI on pets needs to be a little better, they don't attack enemy Kobolds 50% of the time and this makes them unreliable.
Foraging means that you kill wolves ( and all other animals) faster, which doesnt make any sense but is useful. Will become even more useful if more mobs are added.
PLEASE! Make fire warm up both tribes... it is like rain... heat should effect everything - no matter who made it.... it doesn't make sense at all.
Great map! My record is I think 35-9 and I always go berserker axe, shield, and plate, siphon life and clairvoyance only, with the +5 strength foods and cleansing potions. I am able to 2v1 a lot of other players, even level 20s this way and I really think there is no power in wizard classes or ranged weapons. The ranged weapons can't kite a berserker axe player like me because of movement speed, but I don't know if that's intended. Anyway, suggestions in light of this are:
- Pets that are a little more combat oriented to help out casters or ranged Kobolds
- A hawk pet since people tend to run around and hide when they know they are the last Kobold of their tribe around.
- Ranged weapons chance to stun (give to harder to make weapons)
- Slight increase in the selling price of leather, wool, and stone OR the ability to sell shadowstone, iron ore, lumber, infused lumber, lambent sunflowers, etc.
- Use for gold beyond buying beer or spells, perhaps paying more for gossip that will ping a single enemy's location on the minimap
- More quests (as always!)
Love the map, been playing the hell out of it recently.
Anyway, my suggestion on how to improve things:
- Make buildings neutral. This way things will improve in three ways(or at least I believe so)
1. Your teammates will be able to use your stuff, reducing the size of camps with more than 3 players in them (big problem with new players).
2. Abandoned camps give you an advantage, instead of being a liability. Right now buildings give line-of-sight, if an enemy goes near them you can see his position and act accordingly. With buildings being neutral this advantage is removed, furthermore if you stumble on an abandoned enemy camp you'd be able to make use of the abandoned equipment.
3. Leaving a camp presents a danger. If you just leave it there your enemy can move in and use it as their own.
- Buff cooking - make it so that advanced foods give you a temporary buff to attack/speed/etc., as it stands now the initial recipes are good enough to last you through the game and the extra healing doesn't help that much during team fights.
- Warehouse building - allows you to store stuff and other players to take it from there(combined with shared buildings), it will allow miners/cooks/lumberjacks to store needed ingredients for everyone to take when needed, instead of having to go through every individual player.
- Remove Shrine, put in Lives(3 per player say, or however testing shows to be optimal - no extra lives past what you are given). Several reasons for this
1. It will be good for new players - a lot of them die a lot in the first 5 minutes, so having more than one chance is going to help them immensely.
2. The endgame will not be decided in a single battle - as it stands right now the buildup for the finale is around 10-20, sometimes 30 minutes, with an ending that is 1-2 minutes long. Knowing that once the battle has ended your team has 2 more tries would justify the time for preparation better.
3. It's too much of a chore to revive one player, four players? Forget it!
- More items
1. Boots. It'd be good to have boots that increase movement speed, that'd help miners/lumberjacks to cover more ground before nightfall.
2. Grenades, throwing nets, mines, traps, observation wards - > consumable items that are not spells and could turn the tide of the battle, it'd also put those stone/wood/ iron ores/ shadowstone/radiant gems and what-was-that-wood to good use after finishing forging gear.
3. More of the same - it'd be good to have more forgable items.
- Change wood to work the same way as ore - it'd give that lumberjack skill a reason to exist.
- Having difficulty settings (the most minor of issues), with every level of difficulty increasing the number/types of monsters during nightime.
map is fun. Will you have other maps as well. I'm guessing the account having a level means that some kind of thing with the kobold is transferable to another map like an expansion? Other ppl have already mentioned about the weapons being skippable. A problem i have is that I am still a bit new and still have the second best weapon and working on getting those rare resources, suddenly a full geared out player comes at me... it's like nobody is a noob anymore. It's like the players know where to get all the rare resources like infused lumber.
I think it's really well done but it can be really fustrasting for new players because i think the biggest issue is lack of documentation. Now yes i know part of the game is exploring and find out how things work but there is litterly no descriptions anywhere whether its in help or an outside website, and its now like you can just start a game by yourself and read all the tooltips because you'll die to fast just trying to read everything. The UI needs a fair amount of work and i think its the next biggest issue mostly because of just how important it is; your three main stats needs to be larger/clear and backpack access should be easier with something almost like an entire rigth hand pane that moves out from the border when you open it.
As far as balance wise there's a few thinks i personally think changing:
Things like the sleep back needs to regen stamina faster to add some purpose as i see absolutely no one using it. I would be nicer for long trekks to be able to just through up a fire and sleep in the bag. The tent is a bit op as you can set it up right nxt to a fire and do like 5 things all at the same time (you can sleep, warm, cook, eat, and collect all at the same time). The sleeping bag should have way more stamina regen (like twice that of the tent) and it forces you to just stay still sleeping (which is good); just should be some benefit to it.
I think the fire system should be reworked (maybe energy based) so that you can add wood to it at anytime. Its a bit of a pain to have to wait til the fire is dead to restart it. It would be better instead of the restart fire but to have an add 1 food to fire that increased its health or energy up 50-75%. That coupled with the ability to turn if off would and maintain the health/energy would work bettter i think. Player could then dose the fire during the day to save firewood and restart it for a small 10 health/energy wood cost.
I had plans a long time ago to try my hand at a map of this style and one of the things like think would work really well given how nicely your map makes players use the forest is to make the game more reliant on trees. Trees should be more level based where the level of the trees determined is health (ie chop rate) as well as help determine weapon damage; so that the bigger the tree you cut the stronger the weapon. Would add the the game to make people look around for the biggest tree to chop.
When I want your opinion...I'll give it to you!
The map maker hasn't logged into this site for over a month, so he's not reading any of this.
Hope he's still updating the map.
Don't worry, I'm reading it. :) Just forgotten to log in lately. So many awesome suggestions and balance concerns. Thank you everoyne, very much appreciated! New update coming soon again.
First of all thanks for the sleeping bag change, its much more viable now. :)
Having played some more and basically fnished all the perks, i have to agree i really dislike the quest system but more in particular the rewards from the guests including wolfsbanes. I dislike how there are weapons you can't obtain normally that are way stronger than the normal weapons. Personally i'd like to instead see the quests unlock access to building these top weapons instead, so that some players may commit to just the quests to help fill out what they can build to gain experience. Then players can builds wolfsbane just from being the player with the highest wolf kills in a winning game. The crossbow as a lv 4 smithy weapon would be nice too, and make it with huge attack but really long cooldown you can actually kite. The main issue i see with wolfsbane and these other quest weapons is that the player that gets them is usually already really far ahead of the other players or slaughts the person who committed all there resources to getting these difficult weapons. The artianship top levels should be raised then from 15 to 20 to make it more teams based so player really have to committ to a skill; it far to easy to grab your top lv 15 weapons and food in like 10 mins.
You must login to post a comment. Don't have an account? Register to get one!