SC2Mapster Forums

Player Zone > Map Feedback

TotalCraft (TBS\RTS)

• 18 posts
    #1 Oct 18, 2011 at 12:56 UTC - 1 like

TotalCraft

A Turn Based Strategy and Real Time Strategy combined. Inspired by Total War series games.

• Every player makes moves, actions, decisions at the same time.
    • Game divided between Campaign Map where you make decisions and Battlefield where you fight battles.
    • 3 SC2 universe races will be included in gameplay and make game more imbalanced.
    • and something else Here should be pointed out.

Map testing is most welcome (if required). Map and I live on Europe server.

Project page

Images page

Updates page

Gameplay (indevelopment) Videos:

ToDoList (forgotten one)

Normal Priority

Low Priority

Last edited Nov 08, 2012 by TwoDie

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/8882/abasizedr.jpg

#2 Oct 18, 2011 at 13:59 UTC - 0 likes

Concept is very straight forward and fun when played in Singleplayer or with only 2 players, but what if you got like 6-8 players. You've got to wait kinda long before it's your turn. Any solution you got to the waiting time? =3

#3 Oct 18, 2011 at 14:07 UTC - 0 likes

@patrickwobben: Go

I see you havent looked in video itself. Chat messages :P

#4 Nov 24, 2011 at 12:27 UTC - 0 likes

New Video. With updated Gameplay.

#5 Mar 09, 2012 at 01:05 UTC - 0 likes

This game looks real interesting and i would love to see when it comes out on SC2 do you a specific date of when it is coming out plz respond

#6 Mar 09, 2012 at 02:32 UTC - 0 likes

@TwoDie: Go

Hehehe interesting. :) I was just in the process of 'fixing' models from the Heroes of Might and Magic VI to create something similar in SC2. Looks like you beat me to it. Must have taken a lot of work with all the dialog interaction :)

Will keep an eye on this and maybe try test it on EU sometime.

#7 Mar 21, 2012 at 12:05 UTC - 0 likes

Well have stopped working at this project and any other project associated with Starcraft 2.
    But since i see someone have found this topic i may continue working on it soon enough :]

#8 Apr 06, 2012 at 04:46 UTC - 0 likes

This whole concept is very interesting! Reminds me of the good old days of might and magic. I feel your pain though, as the dialog work must be a bit pita for you. Shame you stopped working on it.

#9 Apr 26, 2012 at 14:04 UTC - 0 likes

@TwoDie: Go

I like this synergy between turn based and fluid unit movement. It has the potential for some good gaming.

http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp14/Skrowfunk/TDTSIG_zps9c4fbb95.png

#10 Apr 26, 2012 at 17:44 UTC - 0 likes

Great job TwoDie , specially the new UI .. the whole concept actually :) But why are the portraits not moving ? it may sound silly , but I would like to know

Thanks

#11 Apr 26, 2012 at 18:00 UTC - 0 likes
    Quote from XAlaaX: Go

But why are the portraits not moving ?

Low graphics settings.

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/4226/blaj.jpg

#12 Apr 27, 2012 at 03:41 UTC - 0 likes

@Kueken531: Go Thanks :)

And I think it would be nice to end the turn automatically when there are no more available moves .

#13 Apr 28, 2012 at 06:52 UTC - 0 likes

@XAlaaX: Go

its not practical because you may want to buy something at city or manage stats at that time. If i may continue working on it then it will be timer for turns and pause when someone will be at battlefield.

#14 Sep 27, 2012 at 16:39 UTC - 0 likes

Started plans to continue working on this project.

#15 Sep 27, 2012 at 17:38 UTC - 0 likes

Oh, cool. What are you going to do first?

#16 Sep 27, 2012 at 18:19 UTC - 0 likes

Well already started continiung filling list with Total War series texts, gameplay elements, details to add. Basicly thinking of a new work plan and examine the things already done.

#17 Oct 01, 2012 at 16:02 UTC - 0 likes

Made in a project page, updates section. Where i will try to announce what was done since last update or at least that things are moving forward. Updates page

Last edited Oct 02, 2012 by TwoDie
    #18 Oct 31, 2012 at 19:30 UTC - 0 likes

Just wanted to Note that have added new video a week ago video link Here or at top post.

Recently making good progress in making the map updates page.

• The changes mostly that game feel going to be more futuristic starcraft game feel not like real Total War games. But the "flag" is already looks from Shogun 2 total war. :D
    • A lot changes was considered since deeper had looked in total war series and mostly the newest game Shogun 2. So some ideas from campaign map in shogun 2 will be seen in this map mod.
    • Original Total War Naval battles, trade (Shogun2) and stuff connected to sea will be in the Air and some fast travel options too.

Give me a happy face here someone :D
    Last edited Oct 31, 2012 by TwoDie
  • 18 posts

You must login to post a comment. Don't have an account? Register to get one!