Okay I thought this could be an interesting thread to start, and since having confirmed that Blizzard does read our Dribble posted here, I thought It would be cool to start this thread on mapster.
Okay so I will start with a few things then whenever someone else wants something just post here.
Refresh Lobby button - A button that is similar to Opening and Closing all the slots in Wc3. with a cooldown
More Terrain levels.
Ability to swap Texture set Via Triggers.
Larger map sizes
Animated loading screens( and not like Wc3s :P)
Change to next map on battle.net
Double the Map size limit, and Total size per account.
my maps will always be Free. and Available to the public at the earliest possible date.
If you need a tester feel free to ask IShadowWolf.258
You can also catch me on the IRC most times.
Blizzard Allstars should be released along with LoTV if it's nearly completion ;-)
They could finally release all the scrapped assets they promised us.
A BW ladder?
Single Player / Campaign category in the arcade, where we mappers can link maps.
A second "achievement level" in player profile, this one counts achievements from arcade games (this one would be awesome!)
Official support for new achievements so the system above can be used properly, maybe each map would have a cap for each category (10 and 15 points), but unlimited feats of strengh, so the system wouldn't be abused to give players billions of achievement points.
A better system for in-between missions scenarios like in the campaign, maybe mission briefings too (I know we can make briefings in game right now but an official support would be great).
Some way to lip sync portraits or at least general talking animations like we had in BW. This one should actually be in HoTS but I doubt it. Our transmissions look really lame with portaits not talking at all or moving lips with wrong timing.
All Brood War units in the editor, complete with their spells and upgrades.
Some sort of Arcade specific dedicated to custom, single players campaigns. Preferably with the ability to save the game.
I want the CE to have a special colossus model :D,
Zerg tileset like the new protoss one in hots,
protoss units to warp in part by part as they complete, kind of like a terran building,
larger map sizes,
trigger to generate random terrain,
more maps per account,
easier talent trees and item shops thru triggers/data,
new effect on data editor for Stuns or Silences
thats all i can think of off the top of my head
I don't think they will change their whole development plan based on this topic, so I will only say two things that shouldn't be impossible to accomplish:
- Singleplayer / Campaign map properties that can be actually played via Singleplayer in Bnet and without server lag (and have a campaign like progression for each player that has to be unlocked).
- Updating all the old assets from WoL to have Physics properties and collide with ragdolls like the HotS ones do, giving old models like Lurkers etc. ragdolls would also be really cool :) But the main thing is that ragdolls don't fly straight through all the old assets while colliding with the new ones.
Check out my project:
- Conditions read out of a bank file (like a condition to play more difficult game modes)... would solve my future problem with multiple difficulties and players joining without having a hero to play at that difficulty level
- bigger terrain limit than 256x256
- Locally running triggers to use local things only... (simple example: hover over item causes a panel to display to the player without delay. Obviously the show/hidden state of that panel needs to be locked.)
- Observer dialogs that they can use and interact with. This would allow observer features that are present in other games like showing dialogs with graphs to observers, when that observer clicks a special button that only exists on his own UI.
- Options for the chat to only display messages from a specific player group to the player like players not being able to see spectator chat.
- more cliff levels
- altering terrain textures via trigger (if it's not possible with startools and doodads)
- Possibility to alter all settings via triggers that currently can't be set with triggers. For example: Click sound for buttons or the references within a unit like the unit that spawned that unit (I believe that info exists and is receivable, but I would like to alter it on the fly).
What I'd want for LotV's Editor is a complete overhaul, determined to make it not only larger, but flexible as well. Below I'll post my list items and the reason behind them:
- Increase map size maximum to 512x512 or beyond: While 256x256 is indeed larger, especially if you consider modifying data to make scales smaller, it's just too traditional as well, while we have games that have the ability to support 1024x1024 maps.
- At least six height levels for terrain: As I stated in my terrain post, more specifically the mine showcase, the limitations to only three height levels (Normal, high and extra-high) that's currently being used in WoL/HotS harms development of maps that'd require a modicum of a deep sense, like mines, installations and other features that'd make mapmaking more interesting, like traversing in areas overtaken by water (No, not like the Colossi do in the Protoss mission in WoL, but rather allow to fill a particular area with water and not harm the rest.)
- Ability to support 16 terrain tilesets/textures: While it's still possible to deliver multiple combinations in organic environments, those in man-made, that are strictly diversed in one or two types of colors only, are harmed by the limitation of only eight tileset textures, which is the one being used now.
- Ability to rotate models in both X,Y and Z axis: While we can rotate models to a facing direction, the models in WoL/HotS editors only do so in a X axis rotation. My suggestion to include Y and Z axis rotations, like it's possible in 3d Max and Maya, without needing to alter data or extract models just to rotate them, not only makes map making more flexible and inventive, but also allows for impossible shapes too. Also, the results would be more hilarious by the hour.
Well, that's about the suggestions I can make, for now at least.
The Light will blind you. Step away from it!!!
More Protoss doodads. All the shit is full of Zerg and Terran.
Working on a Diablo game. Is it strange that Sc2 has better graphics but it lags less than Diablo? Heck I even put like a hundred mobs in some situations.
Ability to blur and bleed textures via triggers.
Time action to call time without using custom script.
>, <, <=, >= operators for time instead of just =/!=
Ability to change terrain in a region to a higher or lower cliff level via triggers.
Ability to add different water and change water from water to lava via triggers.
Ability to PLACE water via triggers.
As well as above, also changing the color of the water. This is less of an issue as you can have a different state of the water a different color then all you do is change it to lava.
Transition skybox trigger action. This is doable with actors it's just overly convoluted.
Oh yeah, here's a big one, the ability to put terrain under terrain. That is the ability to have a mine or such underground. I realize this would be a pain to code but it's really very simple on paper. Besides I don't know about any of you but I hate using actors for roofs.
That's all I can think of now, may add more later.
My Addition to All Those Leveling Assets Out There.
My Website which contains a list of notable SCII Maps and FtP games and my Journal.
More documentation about the editor, there is too much that is unknown.
Assistant Team Leader of "Generic Code" and User of the All-Mighty Data Editor.
My Amazing Cutscenes
Quote from Spoolofwhool: GoMore documentation about the editor, there is too much that is unknown.
Fine, then for the game itself, I want queens nerfed again.
the optional nation flag near to our nickname
FG must be fixed as it seems it won't be fixed by the time the beta ends. There is no stopping Dustin and his cronies from not doing anything permantently harmful to Fungal.
Any and all SC2 related things put on hold for now.
You must login to post a comment. Don't have an account? Register to get one!