SC2Mapster Forums

General > General Chat

Newbie Wednesday- Ask Questions!

#85 Dec 10, 2011 at 04:38 UTC - 0 likes

Questions for next week's Newb Wednesday...

Would you mind creating a christmas-e object in the editor at the either the end or beginning of the show?

How would I make a trigger check that an upgrade has been well...upgraded?

I want a large unit to make really loud booming sounds when he steps, for example the stone zealot. How would I do that?

Is it possible to make tints also modify the unit's stats somehow? For example my unit has titn 0-0-0 and for ever +1 red I gain 5 max life, for every +1 green I want 1 additional damage and for every +1 bleu I want 5 extra max energy. Could this be possible and how?

I want a unit to have multiple weapons that shoot at different targets at the same time in mutiple directions?

How could I make all units in the game be able to cliff jump without looking int he data editor?

Last edited Dec 10, 2011 by yukaboy
    #86 Dec 11, 2011 at 22:56 UTC - 0 likes

WOOt I know how to do the when minerals depleted change to decal now, You use a swap to unit function in data editor

my maps will always be Free. and Available to the public at the earliest possible date.

If you need a tester feel free to ask IShadowWolf.258

You can also catch me on the IRC most times.

#87 Dec 16, 2011 at 01:28 UTC - 0 likes

@Taintedwisp: Go

Good to know ;)

@yukaboy: Go

Will do something christmas-y for sure. Will show upgrade trigger as well, not sure if zealot stepping is possible though.... I want to do something kind of neat, instead of just Q/A for Christmas- normally I don't have the time to prepare anything "big" but with Christmas break upon us....

Also, I'm almost done with my exams. I got a bit of free time tonight, so I redesigned the show logo. The old one was a bit too ugly. While this one's not exactly great, it's not as bad as the old one...Looks a bit more design-y ;) Anyways (finally) everything should be back to normal, with a show every Wednesday.

Last edited Dec 16, 2011 by zeldarules28
    Feel free to Send me a PM if you have any questions/concerns!

#88 Dec 16, 2011 at 01:36 UTC - 0 likes
    Quote from zeldarules28: Go

Good to know ;)

@yukaboy: Go

Will do something christmas-y for sure. Will show upgrade trigger as well, not sure if zealot stepping is possible though.... I want to do something kind of neat, instead of just Q/A for Christmas- normally I don't have the time to prepare anything "big" but with Christmas break upon us....

Also, I'm almost done with my exams. I got a bit of free time tonight, so I redesigned the show logo. The old one was a bit too ugly. While this one's not exactly great, it's not as bad as the old one...Looks a bit more design-y ;) Anyways (finally) everything should be back to normal, with a show every Wednesday.

Nice logo, you need some snowfall :D

#89 Dec 18, 2011 at 22:48 UTC - 0 likes

If you guys have any ideas for this upcoming show, let's hear them. I'm hoping to do something special, instead of just Q/A. But I'm pretty much out of ideas O.o

#90 Dec 20, 2011 at 23:13 UTC - 0 likes

i think that's easy with the zealot stepping... all actors have default sounds for movement (not voice responses, but sounds like an engine rev'ing).

all you have to do is apply that sound to the actor or movement animation (havent tried this but should work).

in the case of the stone zealot, you could probably just pump the volume on his default movement sound. try that before anything else

michael: we clear the area before we call for survivors....... mark: so we mop the floor before we spill blood everywhere? ......michael: that's an order

#91 Dec 20, 2011 at 23:13 UTC - 0 likes
    Quote from zeldarules28: Go

If you guys have any ideas for this upcoming show, let's hear them. I'm hoping to do something special, instead of just Q/A. But I'm pretty much out of ideas O.o

Well I'm sure you have already done this before, but could you show how to make a new building that can be built by all 3 races?

also how do you remove the under decal? i have like a little brown looking thing under my trees thats from the minerals, How do i remove that?

#92 Dec 20, 2011 at 23:14 UTC - 0 likes
    Quote from Taintedwisp: Go

@zeldarules28: Go

Well I'm sure you have already done this before, but could you show how to make a new building that can be built by all 3 races?

also how do you remove the under decal? i have like a little brown looking thing under my trees thats from the minerals, How do i remove that?

Also you could show how to add new sounds and a loading screen, that would allow you to do something Christmas like, :D you should start at the photoshop, and the audacity stages though.

also how to add new textures, I cant seem to get it to work right, I get a BRIGHT white on one side.

Last edited Dec 20, 2011 by Taintedwisp
    #93 Dec 20, 2011 at 23:25 UTC - 0 likes

all of those ideas are brilliant.... and i'm having trouble with textures too

the white could be a general specularity problem (reacts intensely with any small light source)

#94 Dec 20, 2011 at 23:44 UTC - 0 likes

Well putting everything I did together, I think you should make a Christmas Map, Snow texture, Christmas Loadin screen, Christmas Songs, Maybe make a small little cinematic for it, Could be cool, And could answer all the questions. Then Save the map and upload it on Sc2Mapster, and Then see what Others can come up with. :D

My idea for a Unit is Kerriclaus, She rides on a zergling who has SPinecrawlers comeing out of his head, with some bags behind her :P

#95 Dec 21, 2011 at 01:07 UTC - 0 likes

funny. very funny :D

#96 Dec 21, 2011 at 03:06 UTC - 0 likes

How to use UI and how to mess with it.

#97 Dec 21, 2011 at 03:27 UTC - 0 likes

How do I use photoshop to get rid of the mustache on the baby? It would make the photo a million times better :D

How about something having to deal with sound or music? Use custom sounds and what not for custom spells or something.

#98 Dec 21, 2011 at 04:30 UTC - 0 likes

Nice Ideas, thanks guys :D

<center><script type="text/javascript" src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.6.2.min.js"></script> <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="http://www.m-productions.net/sc2mapster/countdown.js"></script> <script>$(document).ready(function () { makeCountdown(8,30,'pm',-8,'no','Newbie Wednesday','Wednesday') });</script><center><div id="scs_display"></div></center>

#99 Dec 21, 2011 at 12:19 UTC - 0 likes

I'd like to know how to make missiles fire from specific points of the attacking unit. IE making the missile turret fire missiles from the turrets mounted on each side, instead of from the middle of the turret.

Developer of Aradia

#100 Dec 21, 2011 at 12:49 UTC - 0 likes

With dialogs changing the text size on a label even when combining an integer from a bank with a text

and making cool borders and backgrounds (this is for a leaderboard if ur curious)

Last edited Dec 21, 2011 by CrazyTwigman

"The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present" ALICE MORSE EARLE

PLAY UNDEAD ON N.A. - BETA ONLY

Undead Logo

#101 Dec 21, 2011 at 18:47 UTC - 0 likes

Hi_Zeldarules28

I_would_like_to_see_a_whole_bunch_of_stuff_related_to_banks_and_a_Save/Load_code_system.

Thank_you :D

PS: Dunno_what's_going _on_but_all_my_text_appears_without_spaces_so_I_made_these_.

Last edited Dec 21, 2011 by mnadeau1992

Out Of Stock Sorry xD Real Number of hours: ''135''

#102 Dec 25, 2011 at 06:46 UTC - 0 likes

Hey Zelda, Merry Crhistmas! YOu didnt answewr the second part of my questionm :(

Quote from CrazyTwigman: Go

and making cool borders and backgrounds (this is for a leaderboard if ur curious)

Also, how to make the lobby work, i want the person who is in the team 2 slot to be player 8 is that possible. Its a 7v1 so i need the slot to be player 8 or triggers will fail.

Last edited Dec 27, 2011 by CrazyTwigman
    #103 Dec 27, 2011 at 05:49 UTC - 0 likes

@CrazyTwigman: Go

K.

@mnadeau1992: Go

Right....Anybody else? Tienes preguntas?

Last edited Dec 27, 2011 by zeldarules28
    #104 Dec 27, 2011 at 06:09 UTC - 0 likes

I gots Skyrim, Batman AC, and AC:R, all on a new 32 Inch LCD, to play so no questions this week :P

You must login to post a comment. Don't have an account? Register to get one!