SC2Mapster Forums

Development > Terrain

Terraining Exercises: Global Information/Idea Thread

#263 Apr 01, 2015 at 13:44 UTC - 0 likes

@ScrinKing: Go

I like this idea. Now all I need is something grand for WTE #200.

#264 Jul 09, 2015 at 11:55 UTC - 0 likes

Did we have a wte about bridges? Like, focus on bridge, light bridge, low gravity bridge, concrete bridge, temple bridge, natural bridge, broken bridge... and just come up with a bridge in an environment where it would stand.

That could be interesting?

#265 Jul 09, 2015 at 13:00 UTC - 0 likes

@Scbroodsc2: Go

We had this one before, and I also distinctly remember a WTE called 'Bridging the gap', though that doesn't seem to be in the list. Maybe it's just me? The one I linked was pre-HOTS, though, so maybe it's worth revisiting the subject...

#266 Aug 05, 2015 at 09:48 UTC - 0 likes

How about doing a fantasy/warcraft 3 WTE next? Having the RtC Contest in progress this might be a good idea.

#267 Aug 05, 2015 at 16:58 UTC - 0 likes

@TheUltragon: Go

We had one a couple of weeks ago as a celebration of the WC3 models being released - that didn't have a lot of submissions, if memory serves.

#268 Aug 23, 2015 at 09:51 UTC - 0 likes

did you have a "inside a barn" wte yet?^^

i deleted my old skype, contact me for new one.
    I am for hire now!
    My Legacy - All of my maps as open source
    #269 Sep 06, 2015 at 14:44 UTC - 0 likes

@FunkyUserName: Go

We had a couple "inside" terrain i believe, but not specefic bar... But i see this can be interesting. Just thinking about terraining a bar (wihtout using WoL sets) I have a few ideas :P

Last edited Sep 06, 2015 by Scbroodsc2
    #270 Sep 06, 2015 at 16:50 UTC - 0 likes

i meant a barn, not bar :D. i needed something for my map, that's what i came up with. i am so bad at terraining.

Last edited Sep 06, 2015 by FunkyUserName
    • Terrain_009.jpg
    #271 Jan 21, 2016 at 15:47 UTC - 0 likes

It has been a while since someone added suggestion to help Moz a bit ;) I'm currently looking through a couple wte just to inspire myself a bit and hope to really start brainstorming about doing something to showcase all of the wte we've been through.

I've only watched a couple by now, but one seemed interesting. From Kanitala's post: http://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/development/terrain/38779-weekly-terraining-exercise-86-floating-islands/?page=2#posts

The "A friend" http://www.sc2mapster.com/media/attachments/28/377/Terrain_073.jpg picture.

What about a wte about "unusual friends" so you mix up races, terrain critters or whatever and try to make them interact, tell a story...you know?

Another idea, one focussed on roads, with the new tilesets of lotv and all the previous possibilities, making a possible road with intersection and stuff. Think of this picture for example, from a previous wte #100.

http://www.sc2mapster.com/media/attachments/32/122/Terrain_007.jpg

Last edited Jan 21, 2016 by Scbroodsc2
    #272 Feb 27, 2016 at 12:38 UTC - 0 likes

I have an idea for a theme... How about a factory... Although we have already done this, no has submitted a terrain...

Working on a custom campaign that takes place in the Halo universe called, Halo: Recollection... This is a very ambitious project that need very ambitious people! Help is welcome...

#274 Mar 06, 2016 at 13:05 UTC - 0 likes

I have an idea.... How about a parade theme? The dominion has them to celebrate the army, and the protoss might have something as well...

#276 Apr 01, 2016 at 21:59 UTC - 0 likes

Hey, I just remembered it's Mozared's day today! Let's have another Mozared WTE!

"♪ If you are the Christ, yes, the great Jesus Christ, prove to me that you're not a lie - get a Zerus terrain to make me cry! ♪"

Quote:

Pitch and roll! Pitch and roll! :D

Quote:

Hooo boy... excuse me while I retrieve my jaw from the floor.

Quote:

Alright guys, I'm closing the topic. So much for this week's WTE, no more contributions are necessary. Thanks for your participation everyone.

#277 Apr 01, 2016 at 23:48 UTC - 0 likes

@ScrinKing: Go

What the hell is Mozared day?

#278 Apr 02, 2016 at 04:17 UTC - 0 likes

@Mozared: Go

This I presume...

You must login to post a comment. Don't have an account? Register to get one!