SC2Mapster Forums

Development > Terrain

Terraining Exercises: Global Information/Idea Thread

#243 Jun 18, 2014 at 22:17 UTC - 0 likes

Perhaps it may be a good idea to add the recent contest somewhere on this thread?

#244 Jun 18, 2014 at 22:45 UTC - 0 likes

If I haven't done that within a couple of days, remind me again.

#245 Jun 26, 2014 at 23:21 UTC - 0 likes

@Mozared: Go

So... about that...

Last edited Jun 26, 2014 by Nebuli2
    #246 Jun 27, 2014 at 16:16 UTC - 0 likes

@Nebuli2: Go

He's almost as bad as sk89q

Last edited Jun 27, 2014 by ScrinKing

"♪ If you are the Christ, yes, the great Jesus Christ, prove to me that you're not a lie - get a Zerus terrain to make me cry! ♪"

Quote:

Pitch and roll! Pitch and roll! :D

Quote:

Hooo boy... excuse me while I retrieve my jaw from the floor.

Quote:

Alright guys, I'm closing the topic. So much for this week's WTE, no more contributions are necessary. Thanks for your participation everyone.

#247 Jun 27, 2014 at 17:36 UTC - 0 likes

@Nebuli2: Go

Done! Thanks for the reminder! :D

#248 Jul 18, 2014 at 02:02 UTC - 0 likes

I suggest a WTE after the current one or "one day in the futur"... About choosing a specefic doodad either imposed by the WTE or terrainer choose, and you must find an unusual way to use that doodad. Originality is the key here. Example, a tree, how can you turn that into something special? It could become a beaver lodge(?) in a river. It could be a pilar of something if you put it up-side-down with grass growing around the ground. There could a list of doodads that have potential to become something really special. Imagine pipes... This WTE should really focus on the doodad properties, scale, pitch and roll, color, etc. :P

Working on projects:
    The Hunger Games by Fenix
    Minigame Party
    MoonBase Commander
    Feel free to give ideas!

#249 Jul 21, 2014 at 01:50 UTC - 0 likes

Idea: Natural light - a WTe where you can't use omni lights or stuff like that, you are only allowed to use normal lighting and 2 lighting regions (red and green), green being pitch black. Then make a terrain using the two lighting types.

#250 Jul 23, 2014 at 10:42 UTC - 0 likes

@ScrinKing: Go

Umm I'm not so sure about that. Instead of restricting the number of light, it should me more general and force people to use the lightings.

#251 Sep 01, 2014 at 22:24 UTC - 0 likes

So, Mozared, think we could get a new WTE?

You must login to post a comment. Don't have an account? Register to get one!