SC2Mapster Forums

Development > Terrain

Terraining Exercises: Global Information/Idea Thread

#243 Jun 18, 2014 at 22:17 UTC - 0 likes

Perhaps it may be a good idea to add the recent contest somewhere on this thread?

http://i55.tinypic.com/wio5t0.jpg

#244 Jun 18, 2014 at 22:45 UTC - 0 likes

If I haven't done that within a couple of days, remind me again.

#245 Jun 26, 2014 at 23:21 UTC - 0 likes

@Mozared: Go

So... about that...

Last edited Jun 26, 2014 by Nebuli2
    #246 Jun 27, 2014 at 16:16 UTC - 0 likes

@Nebuli2: Go

He's almost as bad as sk89q

Last edited Jun 27, 2014 by ScrinKing

"♪ If you are the Christ, yes, the great Jesus Christ, prove to me that you're not a lie - get a Zerus terrain to make me cry! ♪"

Quote:

Pitch and roll! Pitch and roll! :D

Quote:

Hooo boy... excuse me while I retrieve my jaw from the floor.

Quote:

Alright guys, I'm closing the topic. So much for this week's WTE, no more contributions are necessary. Thanks for your participation everyone.

#247 Jun 27, 2014 at 17:36 UTC - 0 likes

@Nebuli2: Go

Done! Thanks for the reminder! :D

#248 Jul 18, 2014 at 02:02 UTC - 0 likes

I suggest a WTE after the current one or "one day in the futur"... About choosing a specefic doodad either imposed by the WTE or terrainer choose, and you must find an unusual way to use that doodad. Originality is the key here. Example, a tree, how can you turn that into something special? It could become a beaver lodge(?) in a river. It could be a pilar of something if you put it up-side-down with grass growing around the ground. There could a list of doodads that have potential to become something really special. Imagine pipes... This WTE should really focus on the doodad properties, scale, pitch and roll, color, etc. :P

Working on projects:
    The Hunger Games by Fenix
    Minigame Party
    MoonBase Commander
    Feel free to give ideas!

#249 Jul 21, 2014 at 01:50 UTC - 0 likes

Idea: Natural light - a WTe where you can't use omni lights or stuff like that, you are only allowed to use normal lighting and 2 lighting regions (red and green), green being pitch black. Then make a terrain using the two lighting types.

#250 Jul 23, 2014 at 10:42 UTC - 0 likes

@ScrinKing: Go

Umm I'm not so sure about that. Instead of restricting the number of light, it should me more general and force people to use the lightings.

You must login to post a comment. Don't have an account? Register to get one!