This post is regarding the sentry support unit in my up and coming mod. I need help coming up with an passive ability that synergizes with its other abilities and fits in with this units role in the protoss protectorate army.
- Force Field: (Same as in standard SC2)
- Guardian Shield: increases ranged physical damage and spell damage resistance of units (that can have plasma shielding) by 20% that are within a 4 unit radius of the sentry. This buff does not stack.
- Nullification: Units within the AOE of Guardian Shied have certain negative buffs removed (Stun, Phase Shifted, Poisoned, Mind Control, etc.) Grants immunity to being debuffed for an 8 second period. (Units must be within the AOE of guardian shield when Guardian Shield is activated to receive the buff.
I am kind of stumped as to what I should do for another passive ability that is practical. I am hoping that you guys can give me some additional ideas. I'll even consider adding an addition active ability.
Pretty much it creates an area of 3 radius that applys a buff that increases all those units health regen.
my maps will always be Free. and Available to the public at the earliest possible date.
If you need a tester feel free to ask IShadowWolf.258
You can also catch me on the IRC most times.
Great idea, however it will overlap with my high templars abilities. I suppose I should have posted this but the high templer will be able to research 3 psionic masteries that are optional at the units birth.
A Plasma Adept Mastery will give the unit:
- Plasma Surge: Restores allied plasma shields, Removes enemy plasma shielding.
- Plasma Blast: An ability that charges up for 3 seconds and unleashed a ball of plasma energy that deals up to 100 AOE damage to a targeted area.
Weapon: Plasma Bolt: (basically fires a missile at enemy dealing spell damage)
A Psion Mastery that will give the unit:
- Hallucination: (Which works like the sentry's ability in standard SC2 only the high temp can create multiple units at a time.
- Phase Shift: Removes units from play for a 8 second duration... silences those units for 4 seconds after the duration of phase shift ends.
Weapon: HEALING LIGHT OF AUIR: Which basically heals the health of units like the medic.
A Lightning Energy Mastery that gives the unit good old:
- Psi Storm
Weapon: Psionic Lightning (Which is basically the Archons Psi Shockwave attack.
Since the Stalker will require a Dark Shrine and you can only construct either a high templar archive or a dark shrine... The High Templar will have a basc Psi Discharge weapon and the blink ability that can be researched at HT Archive.
All HT's can be merged into standard Archons.
Archons Have the abilities:
- Chain Lightning: Shoots a bolt of lightning that bounces between enemies dealing damge
- Mind Control: Take control of an enemy unit for as long as the Archon is alive
- Graviton Prison: Psychically levitates enemy's in the air dealing persistent damage. THe archon is immobilized during the duration of this ability
- Emmolation: Passively deals spell damage to enemy units within a 1 unit radius of the archon
Keep the ideas coming though... thank you.
Maybe a brilliance aura (a fractional bonus to energy regen)? I don't know if it should stack, that might be OP.
Any and all SC2 related things put on hold for now.
Actually I made an ability the other day which is called frozen ammo, When you toggle it on it slows units by 50% in a splash range its a weapon. Its really cool, and doesnt do any damage :P It drains energy per second as long as its on.
Its actually a really nice ability.
Not a bad idea... I'm thinking maybe an energy transfer ability that can be auto casted... It would work great supporting high templar and hero units... however I could abe balance it a little by creating a validator that requires the targeted unit to have less then 1/3 of it's base energy and the sentry should have at least 1/3 energy to cast this ability. I'll create this ability and see how it works in alpha testing.... keep the ideas coming.
That will look awesome if in HOTS they release ice effect assets... like the frozen death effect from flash freeze.
Actually I use Crystal Large, and it works great. It attaches to the units and looks REALLY cool.
:D i think I may put up a tutorial on it tomorrow come to think about it :D
Thanks for the idea.
I settled on making a ability called Khaydarin Energy Flux (working name).
It's an active single target ability that basically transfers the sentry's energy to another PROTOSS Khalani ground unit that uses energy (In this game these units include heroes, zealots, immortals, high templar.
Using this same ability... when you target an enemy, allied, or your own Obelisk you can transfer the energy from that obelisk to the sentry.
If you target a enemy protoss energy user you can drain their energy.
The rate of energy leeching or restoring can be upgraded @ the Robo Facility with the Khaydarn Crystal Core Upgrade. This upgrade also enables the sentry to have full energy upon creation.
To balence things a little I decided that the leeching aspect of this ability is limited to Khalani protoss units. The dea is that the sentry has the ability to manipulate energy drawn from the Khala so it only effects Khalani units.
Thanks for the short brainstorming section.
Quote from michaelknives: GoWeapon: HEALING LIGHT OF AUIR
Weapon: HEALING LIGHT OF AUIR
You should rename that.
Working on a Diablo game. Is it strange that Sc2 has better graphics but it lags less than Diablo? Heck I even put like a hundred mobs in some situations.
I dunno I thought it was appropriate given the fact that protoss are like plants... as you notice they dont have mouths but retain nutrients through sunlight and moon light.
The moves for the sentry are finalized... I might simply call the move heal.
- Force Field
- Guardian Shield
- Energy Transfer: Transfers core energy to allies, leeches energy from certain structures like obelisks and pylons and enemy units. (NO AUTO CAST)
- Nullification Passive- Units within GUardian Shield have negative buffs removed.
Ive been busy playing other games however I am releasing a wikia with all of the development updates.
Perhaps "Solar Light"? Technically, it just has to be light/solar involved. I just wanted you to rename it because sounded kinda off.... It even pushed me to get out of my "Three months no mapping/posting plan"... Well, back to work!
Is it a HP heal?
The way I envision it in lore is something like "The High Templar focuses his psionic energy, causing cells to reproduce at a rapid, controlled rate and healing grievous wounds." So the name could be something like Restoring Light, Mend, or, well, you know what, heal might be the best name.
Well it is simply a working name... all names for abilities and techniques aren't finalized as of yet. I hae ust been so busy.
How about a pushback wall: a bit like the forcefield, but instead of a target point its located around the sentry itself. This way, no melee units can enter the sphere. It wont protect against missiles though. Also - portable shield battery. The sentry can donate a shield to another unit, terran/zerg whatever.
Also chain feed system: sentries can send energy forward by donating it to another sentry. Not like a one-time-donation: but as a continous donation beam.
The energy transfer ability is a persistent beam ability that works like heal to restore the energy of allied units while leeching energy from structures and energy units. The shield restoration is a good idea however the high templar will already be able to research the Plasma Surge ability to restore shield points on top of the obelisk acting as a shield battery.
Creating an ability in which shields can be given to Terran or Zerg Units is Unneeded given the fact that terran bio will have medics and medivacs and zerg units will be able to restore their energy faster and health whie burrowed and out of combat. Plasma shields theme wise are controlled by psionic energy manipulation so it would only make logical sense story wise to give protoss, or ghost units shielding...
You must login to post a comment. Don't have an account? Register to get one!