1) If changing the model asset itself fixes it you probably have to edit the model in an external 3d graphics program. You can try increasing the Art: Radius field, but I doubt that will work.
2) Try ticking the Behavior: Resource Drop Off+ flags on the unit as a test, though I doubt that will work. You'll probably have to make a second harvesting setup altogether, using Modify Unit and Modify Player effects to handle the resources and Persistent effects or Buffs for the harvest delay.
3) Just make an empty upgrade and a Requirement that counts it. Requirements can be stuck on pretty much anything, especially all abilities and buffs you normally use. Look at all the researchable abilities (Stimpack etc.), the Requirement is set in the Commands+ or Info+ field of the ability.
4) If both use the same weapon the upgrade will affect both anyway. Otherwise just add to the Effects+ field on the Upgrade. The system is tied to the data object structure, so damage is determined by the Damage effect of the weapon. There is no way to have several units share a damage effect but not the damage upgrade. An alternative is to give them a passive +10 damage buff with a Requirement to count the upgrade (see 3), this would of course affect all damage of a certain type, but can be useful for TD maps with lots of towers and fixed +x dmg upgrades.
5) I have no idea how you set up your previewer like that :) What you probably want to do is press Shift+D to open up the model properties window, then read the texture names under "Materials". Setting up textures for "select by Id" is completely seperate, go to the Textures data tab and create a new object, go to File->Browse and you should see the familiar list of all texture assets.
How can I make a unit launch a missile with a (un)limited impact range (that will fly straight in a direction until it hits something) ?
Like I would like a phoenix with an ability that when I press [Space] it would launch 2 small projectiles in front of him, hitting anything on their way. Kinda like in airplane games ...
How can I do that ?
You can try a Persistent offset of y=-500, but I don't know what happens if the destination lies beyond the map border.
A simple workaround would be to give the missile a regular Fly mover and use an Issue Order-Move effect directed at a Persistent offset.
The collision part is an entirely seperate mechanism which is well documented by now.
Have you looked at the Lost Viking maps? Those work exactly like what you want, but I don't know if they're data-only or a "cheat".
1) Tried attaching a Hit Test model to it?
2) As stated you will need a Effect - Target ability that uses a Modify Unit and Modify Player effect.
5) Make sure you set the slot and on the texture you want to change to that you specify what texture it is to replace.
Contribute to the wiki (Wiki button at top of page)
Considered easy altering of the unit textures?
For my public assets look here!
Hmmm Ok thx, maybe I'll forget it gets too complicated O.o
New questions tho ! (yay more):
1) I made an ability (effect-instant), and all I want her to do is to give the caster unit 10 energy. Is there a solution to give just a simple 10 energy, without modyfing the energy regeneration (buff) ?
2) I made to upgrades with an ability to search them, and placed them on a unit. I want the research button to disappear after the research is done and while she is queued. Right now the button disappears while the research is queued, but the button reappears when she is done. What do I miss in my requirement ? I made my requirement like this :
- Less than
- - Count Upgrade - My upgrade - Complete
- - Constant - 1
- - Count Upgrade - My upgrade - Queued/In progress
- - Count Upgrade - My upgrade - Total
3) How can I upgrade an ability of type effect-instant ? In the "Effect" field, I want the ability to switch to the second row effect I placed inside when she is upgraded. Is there a way to do this without a learn ability ? Like with a "research" like way ?
1) Apply a Modify Unit effect that gives 10 energy and is set to run on the Caster Unit.
2) Check existing upgrades. Usually it's only "CountUpgrade - UpgradeName - QueuedOrBetter", with something that enforces the correct count. For all stock upgrades the Not operator bracket is enough, as in this context it's the same as an Equals bracket with a Constant=0 term.
3) If all else fails you can put both effects in a Set, launch that with the ability, and put upgrade-counting validators on the Set contents.
Edit: Oh and you should remove the "Solved" tag whenever you add new questions.
Thanks ! All the 3 of them works perfectly :)
1) How can I make this ability : When you click a target point, the casting unit fast travels to that location (no teleportion tho, only fast traveling). That ability is like a more powerfull stimpack, but that only works to a target point.
If there are not other solution, I will make an ability apply a speed buff to the caster when he clicks a target point, but I would really like if you guys have another way to do this.
2) I have a structure, and I would like her to give 40 damage to the attacker each time she is hit. How can I do that ? Also, how can I make an upgrade to add this to the unit (I don't want the unit to start initially with this power)?
Thanks again for your help !
Edit: I can't remove the (Solved) tag :( A mod placed it there D:
Edit 2: Thanks to the mod who removed it !:D Please leave the title as it is, I always have new questions to bother photoloss with >:D
Somebody answers meeeeee D':
1) Effect - Instant ability that uses Set effect that uses a Create Persistent at the target point. Persistent effect uses a periodic Set effect that has an Issue Order effect to move to the point of the first set effect and an Apply Behavior effect to apply your speed boost buff. Both the buff and persistent effect is validated using a Location Type validator. Check my harvest simulation map for the correct validator setup (it is called not moving elsewhere in the map).
2) Use a buff with a damage response on defender that uses a Damage effect to do the 40. Give the buff a requirement that you need your upgrade to be completed.
I had placed the solved tag since you had said the last question was solved and you had not added more for a while.
Same mod as above
You must login to post a comment. Don't have an account? Register to get one!