This project hasn't been updated in a long while.
Check this location for a more up to date version of an inventory system which you can use in your maps: Dialog Based Asset System
This is a Dialog Based Inventory.
It makes use of the default sc2 inventory for equiping items, and using items.
The difference with the default SC2 inventory:
- Allow precise positioning of equipment slots compared to a background image
- Allows different item size (1x1, 1x2, 5x5), these aren't limited to just those mentioned here. (Max size: 9x9, Min size: 1x1)
The way information is retrieved:
- It reads the items Button (Face) for the icon to use in the inventory.
- It reads the items Button Tooltip for the tooltip to use in the inventory.
- It reads the items size from the item class it has (1x1, 1x2, 5x5). for example: 1x1Misc = a 1 by 1 slot item. 2x3Armor = a 2 by 3 slot item.
- The unit that uses the inventory must have a SC2 inventory to be able to use items, equipment bonusses.
- The unit must have restricted slots for equipment that match the restriction of the equipment panel.
This Asset has not yet been tested outside of my own map in which I created it
- You can now drop items from the inventory at this time. (Fixed in v1.1)
- You cannot see which item you're moving about in the inventory. (Fixed in v1.2)
Change log v1.3 Added:
- Dialog retrieval functionality
- Detection when an unit picks up an item
- Fixed the Dragged Item Title Location.
- Semi-fixed the Tooltip not disappearing
- Might be some undocumented changes.
- Setting Level Requirements to Items
Forum thread about this library: library-dialog-based-inventory
- 5 comments
- Date created
- Aug 15, 2010
- Last update
- Sep 20, 2010
- Development stage
- Public Domain
- Recent files