Curse Client 3.0 Release
I just wanted to take out a few moments and let everyone know that friday we released the 3.0 client to our entire userbase. It's been a long time coming, but I feel it fixes the majority of issues people have raised.
Some of the highlights:
- Redesigned User Interface
- More accurate addon identification
- Revaluated Defaults settings
- More features (including whether or not to use embedded libraries)
- Numerous bug fixes and stability improvements
Not only that but....
Mac Client 3.0 Beta Release!
We managed to get you a mac client beta out on Friday as well! This was a personal victory for me as I'm now actively working on the code for the mac client. In addition to the above changes we are happy to announce that updates are now done through Sparkle (same update mechanism used by Adium, Textmate and many other mac apps).
We are still in beta here as wxWidgets' implementations can drastically differ on mac vs pc, as a result we're working hard to iron out issues, and will be putting out updates all this week until we're at a more stable point.
However, there are a few...
Over the last week we've had a few authors mistakenly upload either the wrong file or files with invalid layouts that have caused the client's fingerprinting to mistake people's folders for the wrong addon.
Two known examples of this are Ace3 and Auctioneer getting flagged as Tournament Realm Spy and epgp. We've fixed it server side however the client won't just 'forget'. You'll need to remove the false match and in some cases reinstall the new correct match.
- A crash that can happen on load in the sort routine
- A soft crash where the client stops displaying data and buttons fail to do anything
- Menu options being decidedly 'unmacish'