Posted by Sixen Jul 05, 2010 at 09:21 UTC
Ever played NetStorm before? t's basically an RTS taking place on islands in the sky. You have to build bridges to approach resources and enemies while building different kind of cannons to secure your position. The core gameplay is relatively simple but the strategies available are really complex. You can also download the original game here for free, and of course, check out doc's remake by clicking the link above.
This is an awesome map to check out as it's based on old arcade games of Beat'Em Up style like Golden Axe or Double Dragon. It gives you a sense of nostalgia due to the side-scroller effect. In this video, Bibendus is showing off the fully triggered AI and Abilities of the first boss.
Want to use EVE Online Models within your SC2 Maps? TLM created a nice, simple, step-by-step guide to porting them into your map. The best thing is, you don't even need to register for EvE Online! You just need to install the game so you can extract the models and that's all.
Posted by vjeux Jun 15, 2010 at 19:50 UTC
New Theme by Profet
Profet from sc2galaxy.net (french) worked hard on the new Mapster design. Before releasing it to all of you, we would like to make a beta test. If you want to get a preview of the new theme just click the "Switch" button in the following links:
If you see glitches with the new theme, please report them in the comments!
Posted by Xtek Mar 05, 2010 at 00:27 UTC
This is a pretty urgent thing to report because it could damage or potentially completely ruin your video card if it's ignored. The latest NVIDIA drivers, 196.75-WHQL released on March 2nd, 2010 are causing issues with the video card fan control while playing Blizzard (and other) games. This is caused by the Automatic Fan Speed feature being broken in the latest drivers.
The games included are: World of Warcraft, StarCraft II Beta and Warcraft III. If you play any of these games (which I'm pretty sure you do if you're reading this website), you'll want to roll your drivers back to earlier versions until this is fixed, unless you want to replace a video card within the next few days.
To find out what version drivers you're using:
- Right-click on your desktop
- Click NVIDIA Control Panel
- When the Control Panel opens, in the bottom left corner there should be a "System Information" link; click this
- Your Driver version should be in the Details portion
Quote from Datth:
We're getting reports where users are getting intermittent low FPS after installing these drivers. It seems that it is related to the fan control included in these drivers not working correctly and is causing the video card to overheat on 3D applications. This will affect Warcraft 3, World of Warcraft and StarCraft 2 Beta. Please uninstall the drivers and revert back to the older ones.
Windows XP: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_196.21_whql.html
Windows XP 64-bit: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp64_196.21_whql.html
Windows Vista/7 32-bit: http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_32bit_196.21_whql.html
Windows Vista/7 64-bit: http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_64bit_196.21_whql.html
More information can be found on threads such as these:
- New* Patch is now up on US and EU servers, back up your folder before you update if you ever want to watch those old replays, also your GE will be unavailable till the servers are up
I wanted to start a news post where we can post findings from the new patch. So far i've just done a little digging and I have found
- The new patch ships with all the maps and map files
- There are now 7 2 player maps, 10 4 player maps, 1 6 player map and 1 8 player map
- 2 new 4 player maps: Monylyth Ridge and Tarsonis Assault
- New Bnet textures: http://img96.imageshack.us/i/uiarmoryconsolebackgrou.jpg/ and http://img706.imageshack.us/i/uibattlenetreplaybackdr.jpg/
- All of the difficulties are in, 6 in total
- The harder ai difficulties declare the various strategies they can make
- 223 different achievements in, including feats of strength
- All the new natives: http://pastebin.com/zxd1uzKV
- Save Replay now has a dialog
- Events are in for unit revive, hopefully they fixed all the other revive issues
- <Sholdak> you can save game via galaxy now
- <Sholdak> native void GameSaveCreate (text inName, text inDescription, string inImage, bool inAutomatic); Blizzard maps only
- <Sholdak> well.. i guess we cant
- <Sholdak> they also added cheats
- <Sholdak> native void GameCheatAllow (int cheat, bool allow);
- <Sholdak> native bool GameCheatsEnabled (int category);
- <Sholdak> this is interesting
- <Sholdak> native void MovieStartRecording (string inName); Blizzard maps only
- <Sholdak> native void MovieStopRecording (); Blizzard maps only
- <Sholdak> and they added a bunch of inventory events
Bunch of achievements:
- Achievement/Category/Combat/LeagueCombat=League Combat
- Achievement/Category/Combat/MeleeCombat=Melee Combat
- Achievement/Category/Exploration/GuideOne=Guide One
- Achievement/Category/Exploration/GuideThree=Guide Three
- Achievement/Category/Exploration/GuideTwo=Guide Two
- Achievement/Category/FeatOfStrength=Feats of Strength
- Achievement/Description/Combat_BasicTraining_Marines=Train 10 Marines during the first 320 seconds of a single Melee game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_BasicTraining_Zealots=Warp in 5 Zealots during the first 250 seconds of a single Melee game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_BasicTraining_Zerglings=Morph 20 Zerglings during the first 255 seconds of a single Melee game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_DodgeSeeker=Dodge a Raven Seeker Missile in a Melee game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Economy_CancelConstructionUnderFire=Cancel construction of a structure that is being destroyed by an opponent in a Melee game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Exploration_FreeForAllCrusher=Destroy a total of 100 enemy units in Free-for-All Quick Match games.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_FastExpand=Expand during the first 225 seconds of a Melee game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_FastTier2_Factory=Build a Factory during the first 270 seconds of a Melee game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_FastTier2_Lair=Mutate a Lair during the first 285 seconds of a Melee game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_FastTier2_TwilightCouncil=Warp in a Twilight Council during the first 275 seconds of a Melee game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Infrastructure_Protoss=Have 9 Protoss units warping in simultaneously in a League game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Infrastructure_Terran=Have 9 Terran units training simultaneously in a League game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Infrastructure_Zerg=Have 21 Zerg units morphing simultaneously in a League game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_LowIdle=Win a League game without exceeding 30 seconds of total idle harvester time.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_MapControl_DestroyConstructingTownHall=Destroy an enemy Command Center, Hatchery, or Nexus while it is under construction in a League game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Meatgrinder=Kill 50 supply worth of units within 15 seconds in a Melee game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Mechanic_Detection=Destroy 10 cloaked or burrowed units in a single Melee game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Mechanic_HighYield=Deplete 10 Rich Mineral Fields in a single Melee game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Mechanic_KillTransport=Destroy a fully loaded transport in a League game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Mechanic_Repair=Save 8 burning Terran structures in a single Melee game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Mechanic_RoachRegen=Regenerate 500 life on a single Roach without taking friendly fire in a League game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Mechanic_Shields=Regenerate 500 shield energy on a single unit without taking friendly fire in a League game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Mechanic_WarpIn=Warp in 100 units with Warp Gates in a single League game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Mechanic_WatchTower=Hold a Xel'Naga Tower for 5 consecutive minutes in a League game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Meta_Economy=Complete all the Economy achievements.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Meta_LeagueCombat=Complete all the League Combat achievements.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Meta_MeleeCombat=Complete all the Melee Combat achievements.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Micro_HotPickup=Load a Dropship with a unit that is under attack in a League game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Micro_Unit20Kills=Destroy 40 units with a single unit in a single League game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_NoCounterAttacks=Attack for 20 seconds with no counterattacks in a League game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Spells_AutoTurretSCVKills=Using Auto-Turrets, destroy 20 SCVs in a single League game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Spells_Blink=Use Blink to save a Stalker in a Melee game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Spells_Changeling=Kill 5 Changelings in a single League game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Spells_HallucinationAbsorb=Absorb 1,000 damage with hallucinations in a single League game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Spells_HallucinationCount=Control 15 hallucinations at once in a Melee game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Spells_Heal=Heal 5,000 life with Medivacs in a single League game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Spells_HighTemplarKills=Destroy 20 units with a single High Templar in a Melee game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Spells_InfestedTerrans=Destroy 30 units with Infested Terrans in a single League game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Spells_MULE=Call down 30 MULEs in a single League game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Spells_NeuralParasite=Destroy 5 units with a single Neural Parasited unit in a League game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Spells_Nuke=Kill 15 enemy units with a single Nuke in a League game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Spells_PhasePrism=Using Warp Prisms, warp in 50 units in a single Melee game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Spells_Seeker=Destroy 6 units with a single Seeker Missile in a League game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Spells_Snipe=Destroy 20 units with Sniper Rounds in a single League game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Spells_SpawnLarva=Create 100 Larvae with Queens in a single League game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Spells_Vortex=Capture 50 enemy units in a single Vortex in a Melee game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Spells_Yamato=Destroy 20 units with Yamato blasts in a single League game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Spells_ZealotWhileZerg=While playing as Zerg, warp in a Zealot in a Melee game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Teammatery_Heal=Heal 300 life on friendly units in a single League game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_Teammatery_Repair=Repair 1,000 life on allied structures in a single Melee game.
- Achievement/Description/Combat_TownHallDestroyer=Destroy 4 Command Centers, Hatcheries, or Nexuses in a single League game.
- Achievement/Description/Exploration_GuideThree_PlayReplay=Watch any Battle.net replay.
- Achievement/Description/QuickMatch_Competitive_FFA_5000_Kills=Destroy a total of 5,000 enemy units in Free-for-All Quick Match games.
- Achievement/Name/Combat_BasicTraining_Marines=Training Day
- Achievement/Name/Combat_BasicTraining_Zealots=Zealot Push
- Achievement/Name/Combat_BasicTraining_Zerglings=Zergling Rush
- Achievement/Name/Combat_DodgeSeeker=Can't Touch This!
- Achievement/Name/Combat_Economy_CancelConstructionUnderFire=One-Finger Discount
- Achievement/Name/Combat_Exploration_FreeForAllCrusher=Free-for-All Crusher
- Achievement/Name/Combat_FastExpand=Fast Expand
- Achievement/Name/Combat_FastTier2_Factory=Erector Time
- Achievement/Name/Combat_FastTier2_Lair=It's Morphing Time
- Achievement/Name/Combat_FastTier2_TwilightCouncil=Warp In Time
- Achievement/Name/Combat_Infrastructure_Protoss=Protoss Macro Master
- Achievement/Name/Combat_Infrastructure_Terran=Terran Macro Master
- Achievement/Name/Combat_Infrastructure_Zerg=Zerg Macro Master
- Achievement/Name/Combat_LowIdle=Work, Work
- Achievement/Name/Combat_Mechanic_Detection=I See Dead Units
- Achievement/Name/Combat_Mechanic_HighYield=The Rich Get Richer
- Achievement/Name/Combat_Mechanic_KillTransport=Raining Blood
- Achievement/Name/Combat_Mechanic_Repair=Fire Fighter
- Achievement/Name/Combat_Mechanic_RoachRegen=A Roach's Life
- Achievement/Name/Combat_Mechanic_Shields=Frugal Fighter
- Achievement/Name/Combat_Mechanic_WarpIn=Warp In Madness
- Achievement/Name/Combat_Mechanic_WatchTower=Big Brother Is Watching
- Achievement/Name/Combat_Meta_Economy=City Builder
- Achievement/Name/Combat_Meta_LeagueCombat=Supreme Being
- Achievement/Name/Combat_Meta_MeleeCombat=Welcome Back, Commander
- Achievement/Name/Combat_Micro_HotPickup=Hot Pickup
- Achievement/Name/Combat_Spells_Blink=To the Shadows I Run
- Achievement/Name/Combat_Spells_Changeling=Meet the Spy
- Achievement/Name/Combat_Spells_HallucinationAbsorb=Shroom Absorption
- Achievement/Name/Combat_Spells_HallucinationCount=Just an Illusion
- Achievement/Name/Combat_Spells_Heal=The Flying Heal Bus
- Achievement/Name/Combat_Spells_HighTemplarKills=Psionic Death
- Achievement/Name/Combat_Spells_InfestedTerrans=Infested Terror
- Achievement/Name/Combat_Spells_MULE=MULE X'ing
- Achievement/Name/Combat_Spells_NeuralParasite=Would You Kindly...
- Achievement/Name/Combat_Spells_Nuke=Nuclear Launch Detected
- Achievement/Name/Combat_Spells_PhasePrism=The Back Door
- Achievement/Name/Combat_Spells_Seeker=Beep, Beep, Boom!
- Achievement/Name/Combat_Spells_Snipe=Professionals Have Standards
- Achievement/Name/Combat_Spells_SpawnLarva=Centurion Queen
- Achievement/Name/Combat_Spells_Vortex=Distorted Reality
- Achievement/Name/Combat_Spells_Yamato=Yamato Master Blaster
- Achievement/Name/Combat_Teammatery_Heal=Neighborly Help
- Achievement/Name/Combat_Teammatery_Repair=Just a Scratch
- Achievement/Name/Combat_TownHallDestroyer=Carnage Hall
- Achievement/Name/Exploration_GuideThree_PlayReplay=Play Replay
- Achievement/Name/QuickMatch_Competitive_FFA_5000_Kills=FFA Gladiator
Posted by ckknight Jun 26, 2009 at 20:14 UTC
Hey there, ckknight here.
I've been slaving over the keyboard for the past few days getting some cool features in that I hope a lot of you will appreciate:
- Private Messaging
- Previously, there wasn't any real good way of sending a message to another user on the site, hopefully this will help that out. Please provide constructive feedback if you can.
- You can PM more than one person at a time. You can also specify people as CC (like in e-mail).
- This is a proper conversation system rather than a one-off messaging system, so if you message back-and-forth, it's all properly grouped together.
- Indicator in the top-right showing what you have and have not read.
- If you receive any spam, report it (button in the bottom-right of the page) and it will be dealt with harshly and as quickly as possible. Banning people is easy and it properly deletes all their content.
- Signatures on comments
- You can now specify comments that you post to have a signature. You can set this on your profile
- By default, you will see one signature per user per page.
- For those who don't like signatures, you can easily turn these off at Edit settings in your profile
- Attachments on comments, pages, and themes
- Previously, attachments were only available on tickets. This has been expanded to allow attachments on themes (if you want to include your own images or logos or whatever), pages, and comments. This has been sorely lacking, as sometimes it's very nice to upload a file or two as part of a conversation.
- If this is abused, just report the abuser. If widespread abuse occurs, more restrictions may be put in. (But hopefully it won't come to that.)